or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple holds 39% of US smartphone market, far ahead of Samsung's 23%
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple holds 39% of US smartphone market, far ahead of Samsung's 23%

post #1 of 106
Thread Starter 
Apple's iPhone increased its lead in the United States smartphone market through the end of May, inching toward a 40 percent share, while the other major competitors outside of Samsung lost share.

manu


The newest figures from market research firm comScore found Apple going coming out of May with a 39.2 percent share of U.S smartphone subscribers, up 0.3 points from the period ending with February. Google's Android remained the overall top platform among America's smartphone owners with a 52 percent overall share, but Apple's iOS was second with 39.2 percent.

A solid second to Apple was its chief rival Samsung, which also gained share in the period ending in May, likely due to the launch of the Galaxy S4, Samsung's new flagship device. The South Korean conglomerate, which is the number one overall leader in smartphone sales worldwide, saw its share of the U.S. market move up 1.7 points from 21.3 percent in February to 23 percent by May.

manu


Samsung and Apple already capture 100 percent of the smartphone industry's profits, according to some estimates. Now the two together account for more than 60 percent of the U.S. smartphone market.

comScore's figures saw the other major handset manufacturers continuing to shrink in importance. HTC and Motorola each lost 0.6 points to end May at 8.7 and 7.8 percent of the U.S. market. LG dropped 0.1 points to 6.7 percent.

Overall, though, the study seemed to indicate that the trend toward smartphone adoption shows no signs of slowing down. comScore found that 141 million people in the United States owned smartphones. That amounts to 59 percent mobile market penetration, up six percent since February.
post #2 of 106

It is all about future growth, not present!

 

I hope Tim Cook and his team are taking things seriously for global growth. I remember Tim Cook saying "do not bet against us" What happened?

post #3 of 106
Here we go again: war of the pie charts.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #4 of 106
So if these numbers are to be believed (and I'm always doubtful) does this mean in the US Samsung is taking market share from other Android manufactures and not Apple?
post #5 of 106

Are HTC and LG going to keep this up for much longer?  Its just brutal.  Google selling Mot branded handsets on one end, they won't stop, profits or no profits.  And Samsung squeezing them from the other with immense marketing.

Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
Reply
Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
Reply
post #6 of 106

That's almost double Samsung's share! Screw Samsung, and screw Android!

 

Other phone makers can tout their market share in crappy countries and places that don't matter. Even Blackberry, which is a complete disaster, claims to do good in the middle east and other third world places that don't really matter at all. I mean, who really gives a crap if your phone is selling well in Somalia? That's nothing that I would want to boast about. It's not a good sign if your phone is only selling to third world people, as that is not exactly a lucrative market. It doesn't get much more bottom of the barrel than that!

 

The bottom line is that Apple is kicking ass in the US, and the iPhone continues to remain supreme, and will continue to do so in the future also.

 

And no, Apple does not need to make cheap, crappy phones for undesirable customers with no money. Those kind of phones already exist. That's what Android, Symbian, Blackberry and others are for. 

post #7 of 106

Android IS DEAD.

iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
Reply
iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
Reply
post #8 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopterben View Post

It is all about future growth, not present!

 

I hope Tim Cook and his team are taking things seriously for global growth. I remember Tim Cook saying "do not bet against us" What happened?

You have to wait until they release their new products.

 

Remember, he knows more about the products that will be released than you or I do.  

post #9 of 106
Most interesting is that MS and BB still manage to lose market share. Weren't they wildly believed and reported to out-innovate Apple? 1smoking.gif
post #10 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

Most interesting is that MS and BB still manage to lose market share. Weren't they wildly believed and reported to out-innovate Apple? 1smoking.gif

Funny thing about the word "INNOVATION".   There are great innovations, bad innovations, innovations that set trends that others follow and innovations that just didn't catch on very well.

 

The media just doesn't do a very good job at categorizing these innovations.

post #11 of 106

I think this is good news. I really want to see iPhone move forward. I hope they have some nice features to add with the iPhone 5S (although, I won't be getting it, as my iPhone 5 is plenty). Then the iPhone 6 should be really nice.

 

 

On a completely different off topic, my mom may be in the market for a PC. I always decide was PC she should buy. Does anyone here have a new Macbook Air? Are they fast even with a dual core? I would instruct her to get either an i5 with 8GB RAM or i7 with 4GB RAM. Which would make the best difference with this computer? How is the real world battery life? 

 

I am only asking because I know very little with the Air line. I got a Retina instead, first MAC, most likely, not the last.

post #12 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopterben View Post

It is all about future growth, not present!

How vacuous can a statement be?
Quote:
What happened?

I dunno, maybe read about anything Apple has done since October 2011 before spewing nonsense?

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #13 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seankill View Post

... On a completely different off topic, my mom may be in the market for a PC. I always decide was PC she should buy. Does anyone here have a new Macbook Air? Are they fast even with a dual core? I would instruct her to get either an i5 with 8GB RAM or i7 with 4GB RAM. Which would make the best difference with this computer? How is the real world battery life? 

 

I am only asking because I know very little with the Air line. I got a Retina instead, first MAC, most likely, not the last.

 

Is she actually going to take it places? Does she really need a laptop? If not, she might be better off with a 21" iMac. Much bigger screen, faster, more RAM, more HD for around the same money. Ergonomically much better if it's going to be used stationary anyway.

post #14 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Funny thing about the word "INNOVATION".   There are great innovations, bad innovations, innovations that set trends that others follow and innovations that just didn't catch on very well.

 

The media just doesn't do a very good job at categorizing these innovations.

 

Innovation for certain companies goes like this:

 

Step 1 - Apple releases revolutionary device such as the iPhone.

Step 2 - Make fun of this so-called revolutionary device and totally dismiss it. Give TV interviews while you're laughing at it. Hold a funeral for it. Mock it.

Step 3 - After a few years, you realize that your own devices are not selling well anymore, for some strange, incomprehensible reason. You are in deep shit now. Nobody wants your outdated and prehistoric devices anymore, so you begin to frantically work on your own new device, whose entire concept is basically centered around Apple's initial revolutionary device.

Step 4 - Tout your own inferior "me too" device as revolutionary, even though it never measures up to the original and you might even make a variety of braindead statements such as "Playtime is over".

Step 5 - You wonder why nobody wants to buy your inferior "me too" device.

post #15 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopterben View Post

It is all about future growth, not present!

 

I hope Tim Cook and his team are taking things seriously for global growth. I remember Tim Cook saying "do not bet against us" What happened?

 

I think Tim Cook has played a winning hand.  If you look at the adoption of all 1080p phones from Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony and compare them to Apple's single iPhone 5 model, the device web usage looks like this:

 

https://twitter.com/StevenNoyes/status/350629072201732096/photo/1

 

NOTE: StatCounter does not weight the data in any way so it will overweight countries like Turkey and slightly underweight countries like the US. If finally understand why Net Applications weights their data.

 

This looks like Apple has a very winning strategy on their most recent flagship model. Not shown is the current iPhone 5 usage curve is still trending upward at about the same rate as the time period between 28 to 84 days after its release. In short, it has maintained strong demand driving the relative web usage up at a near consistent rate. The 1080P phones are already showing a significant slowing trend meaning they have already starting to near saturation.

post #16 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

That's almost double Samsung's share! Screw Samsung, and screw Android!

 

Other phone makers can tout their market share in crappy countries and places that don't matter. Even Blackberry, which is a complete disaster, claims to do good in the middle east and other third world places that don't really matter at all. I mean, who really gives a crap if your phone is selling well in Somalia? That's nothing that I would want to boast about. It's not a good sign if your phone is only selling to third world people, as that is not exactly a lucrative market. It doesn't get much more bottom of the barrel than that!

 

The bottom line is that Apple is kicking ass in the US, and the iPhone continues to remain supreme, and will continue to do so in the future also.

 

And no, Apple does not need to make cheap, crappy phones for undesirable customers with no money. Those kind of phones already exist. That's what Android, Symbian, Blackberry and others are for. 

 

Dare I say this view looks very American or should I call you simply ignorant?

 

Let me try to keep it together and not question your level of education, because it really seems as if you believe that everyone outside the US runs around in undies eating bananas.

 

If you believe there is no other market that matters outside the US, you are horribly mistaken and luckily Apple knows this. ;-)

Sadly, it doesn't look all that rosy in some of those markets, especially in certain markets in Europe and this is something Apple needs to turn around somehow.

post #17 of 106

While Apple holds a steady US position which is not likely to change any time soon, Apple seems to completely give up Europe:

 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/06/25/idc-apples-iphone-sheds-european-marketshare-in-q1-pushed-out-of-top-5-in-india

 

Not even funny.

Cook promised to "fix" Europe a couple of years ago, we see now how good he is with his promises.

post #18 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seankill View Post

I am only asking because I know very little with the Air line. I got a Retina instead, first MAC, most likely, not the last.

 

Well, congratulations on your first Apple computer! Going from using an average PC to a Mac is like going from dating the ugliest and least desirable female in your entire town compared to all of a sudden going out with a supermodel. It's the difference between eating a hamburger at McDonalds to eating one at Smith & Wollensky. 

 

And since it's your first Apple computer purchase, I will forgive you for your ignorance, but it's Mac, not MAC.

post #19 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post

 

Dare I say this view looks very American or should I call you simply ignorant?

 

 

You may notice the words "US" in both the thread title and in the comments to the guy you are attacking.

 

calm down... get along everyone :)

Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
Reply
Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
Reply
post #20 of 106

iPhone has 90% loyalty rate (iPhone buyers tend to buy iPhones as replacements), and android only has 70%.   The expected trend, then, is a huge surge in Android sales as people upgrade from feature phones, then a gradual move towards iPhone dominance as people switch from Android to iPhone.

45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #21 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

That's almost double Samsung's share! Screw Samsung, and screw Android!

Other phone makers can tout their market share in crappy countries and places that don't matter. Even Blackberry, which is a complete disaster, claims to do good in the middle east and other third world places that don't really matter at all. I mean, who really gives a crap if your phone is selling well in Somalia? That's nothing that I would want to boast about. It's not a good sign if your phone is only selling to third world people, as that is not exactly a lucrative market. It doesn't get much more bottom of the barrel than that!

The bottom line is that Apple is kicking ass in the US, and the iPhone continues to remain supreme, and will continue to do so in the future also.

And no, Apple does not need to make cheap, crappy phones for undesirable customers with no money. Those kind of phones already exist. That's what Android, Symbian, Blackberry and others are for. 

This vile Americanocentric, nationalist and often racist nonsense has to stop. start handing out bans or lose your international viewers, AI.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #22 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

 

Is she actually going to take it places? Does she really need a laptop? If not, she might be better off with a 21" iMac. Much bigger screen, faster, more RAM, more HD for around the same money. Ergonomically much better if it's going to be used stationary anyway.

I am voting for this as well if she does not move it around. The base 21" iMac with the Fusion Drive upgrade is a real screamer if it fits in her budget. I am amzed at how much the Fusion Drive speeds up a system. Of course the MacAir has SSD to it is equally fast on the drive side.

 

But if you do not use your machine as a laptop, the All-In-One is a really nice fit and it is light and easy to translocate if needed.

post #23 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

While Apple holds a steady US position which is not likely to change any time soon, Apple seems to completely give up Europe:

 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/06/25/idc-apples-iphone-sheds-european-marketshare-in-q1-pushed-out-of-top-5-in-india

 

Not even funny.

Cook promised to "fix" Europe a couple of years ago, we see now how good he is with his promises.

 

Very true and very sad indeed. However, this will be no easy task for Apple and that's not entirely their fault. They just need to step up, especially when it comes to their ecosystem.

 

Europe consists of many (in comparison to the US) small countries, all with their own governments, regulation authorities, etc. Therefore it is extremely difficult to roll out services such as Movies, TV Shows, rentals related to such, etc in all of those countries, because separate negotiations need to take place. This seems cost and time intensive and I'm not even sure Apple is still pursuing this, as you still got many countries apart from the major ones such as UK, France, Germany where essential services are missing.

 

Add to this the fact that other popular services such as Netflix are not available in Europe either (ok, they are now in the UK) and as such offerings such as the Apple TV are extremely unattractive over there. The lack of iTunes Radio in Europe is just another example of this.

 

Oh, and let's also not forget that Apple keeps on screwing over European customers. The Dollar exchange rate has been very low for a long time now. And while it never really reflected in Apple's prices correctly, for a long time the Euro price was at least a bit lower in order to reflect this trend. However, some time around the iPhone 5 introduction Apple actually turned this around, now charging a higher sum in Euros than in Dollars and that's just a bad joke. Don't even try to explain this with taxes and whatnot, it doesn't apply. It's just charging a huge premium over US sales.

post #24 of 106
Thats good for Apple in America, particularly in a Q the Samsung 4 is released. When the inevitable broadening of the lineup happens Apple could hit 60%. Even with the 5s, if thats all this year, then Apple could go 50%+

However American Apple fans don't realise how much this is to do with the carrier subsidy in the US, if the iPhone were $200 more expensive across all price ranges, Apple would be where it is in Europe, and those contracts are probably end of lifed soon. So even the US needs cheaper phones, so they remain the same price for consumers.

As for how safe this is - Blackberry once owned America. Now it is nowhere. A broadening of the base is required.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #25 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post


This vile Americanocentric, nationalist and often racist nonsense has to stop. start handing out bans or lose your international viewers, AI.

While I agree his post was over-the-top and a bit off-key, it was not racist, Amercanocentric or nationalist and any way.

 

Fact: The iPhone is doing exceptionally well in the US.

Fact: Capturing a tiny market, like Somalia, does not really impact your bottom line or world market share much.

Fact: Apple does not make in-expesive products and it does not sell to the lower-end of the market.

 

Those are not Amercanocentric, nationalist or racist.

 

Option: "Third world" might have been better stated as "undeveloped" or "under developed". Same thing really.

post #26 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

That's almost double Samsung's share! Screw Samsung, and screw Android!

 

Other phone makers can tout their market share in crappy countries and places that don't matter. Even Blackberry, which is a complete disaster, claims to do good in the middle east and other third world places that don't really matter at all. I mean, who really gives a crap if your phone is selling well in Somalia? That's nothing that I would want to boast about. It's not a good sign if your phone is only selling to third world people, as that is not exactly a lucrative market. It doesn't get much more bottom of the barrel than that!

 

The bottom line is that Apple is kicking ass in the US, and the iPhone continues to remain supreme, and will continue to do so in the future also.

 

And no, Apple does not need to make cheap, crappy phones for undesirable customers with no money. Those kind of phones already exist. That's what Android, Symbian, Blackberry and others are for. 

United states population Aprox 300,000,000 world population 7,000,000,000. = around 4.5% of the world population...Yeah stop thinking the US is the only market. Apple knows its not. 

post #27 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Thats good for Apple in America, particularly in a Q the Samsung 4 is released. When the inevitable broadening of the lineup happens Apple could hit 60%. Even with the 5s, if thats all this year, then Apple could go 50%+

However American Apple fans don't realise how much this is to do with the carrier subsidy in the US, if the iPhone were $200 more expensive across all price ranges, Apple would be where it is in Europe, and those contracts are probably end of lifed soon. So even the US needs cheaper phones, so they remain the same price for consumers.

As for how safe this is - Blackberry once owned America. Now it is nowhere. A broadening of the base is required.

So Apple needs to start making cheap phones to cater to Europe?
post #28 of 106
Quote:
Fact: The iPhone is doing exceptionally well in the US.

It is, so what's that to AI's international Apple devices owners who want the app ecosystem to do well where they are?
Quote:
Fact: Capturing a tiny market, like Somalia, does not really impact your bottom line or world market share much.

Strawman. Nobody HAS EVER ARGUED FOR SOMALIA. We talk about China, India, Europe, and South America where Apple can do better.
Quote:
Fact: Apple does not make in-expesive products and it does not sell to the lower-end of the market.

Americans need to get over their assumed position in the world. Western Europe has been as rich as America for decades now - present difficulties exist on both sides of the pond, and the BRICS have a growing middle class which needs to be captured. I am thoroughly sick of making this argument.

In any case this guy Apple[] also said "Other phone makers can tout their market share in crappy countries and places that don't matter. " and he clearly means anywhere not America.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #29 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So Apple needs to start making cheap phones to cater to Europe?

Apple needs cheaper phones to continue to win in the US where the carrier subsidy will disappear in the future, middle income phones and bigger screens in Europe and Asia, and even cheaper phones for the rest of the world. Not the cheapest in any category but to be there.

Companies try not to maintain market share, or even profit share - not that Apple ever mention that. When a market is saturated another market is attempted.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #30 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


So Apple needs to start making cheap phones to cater to Europe?

 

No, but Apple needs to get three things in order in Europe:

 

1.) Work with carries in order to ensure better subsidy rates, similar to the US ones.

2.) Stop screwing European customers over and charge appropriate prices, similar to US ones.

3.) Ensure you got an attractive ecosystem within iTunes in all European countries.

 

Regarding point number two, let me clarify. In Europe, I paid 789 Euros for a 32GB iPhone 5, whereas it costs 749 Dollars in the US. The European price is therefore about 1026 Dollars. I'd be really curious to see how many of those Apple would sell in the US at that rate. It's just crazy.

post #31 of 106
Those numbers add up to 85.4...
?
post #32 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post

In Europe, I paid 789 Euros for a 32GB iPhone 5, whereas it costs 749 Dollars in the US. The European price is therefore about 1026 Dollars. I'd be really curious to see how many of those Apple would sell in the US at that rate. It's just crazy.

Have you heard about VAT or are you ignorant about that too? 

 

Is that not included in the Euro price?

 

You do realize that the US price is without tax, so US people do not pay just $749 for that iPhone.

post #33 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

This vile Americanocentric, nationalist and often racist nonsense has to stop. start handing out bans or lose your international viewers, AI.

Thank you. I wish he would get a smackdown. He's an embarrassment to decent global citizens, some of whom are actually Americans.
post #34 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seankill View Post

On a completely different off topic, my mom may be in the market for a PC. I always decide was PC she should buy. Does anyone here have a new Macbook Air? Are they fast even with a dual core? I would instruct her to get either an i5 with 8GB RAM or i7 with 4GB RAM. Which would make the best difference with this computer? How is the real world battery life? 

I am only asking because I know very little with the Air line. I got a Retina instead, first MAC, most likely, not the last.

Always good to hear from a new Mac convert but now that you are one of of us you should know we don't really call them PCs, just Macs.
post #35 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post


This vile Americanocentric, nationalist and often racist nonsense has to stop. start handing out bans or lose your international viewers, AI.

You're racist, for imagining racism where there is none.

 

I discriminate against all Fandroids equally, regardless of skin color.

post #36 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post

 

Very true and very sad indeed. However, this will be no easy task for Apple and that's not entirely their fault. They just need to step up, especially when it comes to their ecosystem.

 

Europe consists of many (in comparison to the US) small countries, all with their own governments, regulation authorities, etc. Therefore it is extremely difficult to roll out services such as Movies, TV Shows, rentals related to such, etc in all of those countries, because separate negotiations need to take place. This seems cost and time intensive and I'm not even sure Apple is still pursuing this, as you still got many countries apart from the major ones such as UK, France, Germany where essential services are missing.

 

Add to this the fact that other popular services such as Netflix are not available in Europe either (ok, they are now in the UK) and as such offerings such as the Apple TV are extremely unattractive over there. The lack of iTunes Radio in Europe is just another example of this.

 

Oh, and let's also not forget that Apple keeps on screwing over European customers. The Dollar exchange rate has been very low for a long time now. And while it never really reflected in Apple's prices correctly, for a long time the Euro price was at least a bit lower in order to reflect this trend. However, some time around the iPhone 5 introduction Apple actually turned this around, now charging a higher sum in Euros than in Dollars and that's just a bad joke. Don't even try to explain this with taxes and whatnot, it doesn't apply. It's just charging a huge premium over US sales.

 

But nothing you say is any different than any other large service provider from Amazon, Google to MS. It is true that each country requires its own deals but there is no question Apple is leading this charge and is, on the whole, WAY ahead of its nearest competitor (from 9 months back: http://www.macstories.net/stories/mapping-the-entertainment-ecosystems-of-apple-microsoft-google-amazon/). And yes, doing business in the EU costs substantially more than in the US. The EU gets a pretty darn good VAT tax (don't forget to add 5%-7% sales tax on US prices not shown) as well as a substantially higher warrantee cost. Even the Galaxy S4 (when released) costs more in Germany in Euros than the US in Dollars.

post #37 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Have you heard about VAT or are you ignorant about that too? 

 

Is that not included in the Euro price?

 

You do realize that the US price is without tax, so US people do not pay just $749 for that iPhone.

 

Yea, keep those attacks coming...

 

Either way, how about you provide a concrete example of how much said iPhone model costs an average US customer in comparison? That would actually be useful over just shooting remarks.

post #38 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post

 

 

Regarding point number two, let me clarify. In Europe, I paid 789 Euros for a 32GB iPhone 5, whereas it costs 749 Dollars in the US. The European price is therefore about 1026 Dollars. I'd be really curious to see how many of those Apple would sell in the US at that rate. It's just crazy.

 

And in Germany, the Galaxy S4 released at 650 € without LTE (I think) and in the US at $625 and that included LTE.

post #39 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post

 

Yea, keep those attacks coming...

 

Either way, how about you provide a concrete example of how much said iPhone model costs an average US customer in comparison? That would actually be useful over just shooting remarks.

You began, so don't begin whining now. 

 

As for the tax cost, it depends on the particular state where somebody lives, as tax rates are different from state to state.

 

It's almost 9% in my state, so that actually adds a bit of cost to the initial price of the phone.

post #40 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You're racist, for imagining racism where there is none.

 

I discriminate against all Fandroids equally, regardless of skin color.


Your blanket discrimination against all Fandroids regardless of color, IQ, income-bracket, and basement location does break the monotony at times and gives me a chuckle, I will admit to that. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple holds 39% of US smartphone market, far ahead of Samsung's 23%