or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more - Page 2

post #41 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post


Your mac does recognize .dmg, and that is the file you want. You should delete it and reinstall, but if you're feeling inquisitive you might look at the "get info" and determine whether or not the stated file size is different than the round about 215mb that it should be. But this will avail you of nothing if the file is corrupted, so either way you will probably need to reinstall it unless there is something else wrong with your mac.

 

ight, let me check it out again and if this download does the same I'll checke the get info for the hell of it.

post #42 of 98
1) Deleting an album from a playlist takes 4.2 seconds...while my iTunes Library.itl is a mere 20MB and on SSD (media is on HDD, not for long though, plan on moving everything to PCIeSSD)

2) absurd big this version, a 225MB download becomes a 385MB install file, creating 312 .app file

3) Of course there's no iTunes Radio; that's an iOS7 feature. There is however Internet Radio, perhaps it's turned off in your prefs?

4) Disabling 'Limit Ad Tracking' is a nice touch
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
Reply
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
Reply
post #43 of 98

I can report that the iTunes dmg doesn't appear to be correct, at least for me. I've re-DL'd it about 5 times now, and always get a file that is 353 bites long and won't open. Not sure why this is so, but it is.

 

I've rebooted my Mac, too. So cannot figure why this is happening.

NW '98
"Everything works, in theory..."
Reply
NW '98
"Everything works, in theory..."
Reply
post #44 of 98

From what I understand all new software will get pick up by updates from 1 pm EDT.

post #45 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post
 

 

probably corrupted ... you're gonna have to re-download it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post


Your mac does recognize .dmg, and that is the file you want. You should delete it and reinstall, but if you're feeling inquisitive you might look at the "get info" and determine whether or not the stated file size is different than the round about 215mb that it should be. But this will avail you of nothing if the file is corrupted, so either way you will probably need to reinstall it unless there is something else wrong with your mac.

 

I've tried a few times and no luck. Each time the downloaded file is 353 bytes. Tried downloading from Safari and Chrome.

post #46 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimk69 View Post
 

 

ight, let me check it out again and if this download does the same I'll checke the get info for the hell of it.

 

Yeah, I already deleted the old one but I can tell this time its taking a lot longer and 

the first was to quick so it must have been a bad file like u said...

Yup, just clicked it and now its installing.   

post #47 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

I would like the option to download HD 24bit audio tracks and albums - come on Apple, Steve wanted this too! Will it ever happen?

There's an interesting article here arguing that it won't make sense to do so. This is one excerpt from it:
http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

"192kHz considered harmful

192kHz digital music files offer no benefits. They're not quite neutral either; practical fidelity is slightly worse. The ultrasonics are a liability during playback.

Neither audio transducers nor power amplifiers are free of distortion, and distortion tends to increase rapidly at the lowest and highest frequencies. If the same transducer reproduces ultrasonics along with audible content, any nonlinearity will shift some of the ultrasonic content down into the audible range as an uncontrolled spray of intermodulation distortion products covering the entire audible spectrum. Nonlinearity in a power amplifier will produce the same effect. The effect is very slight, but listening tests have confirmed that both effects can be audible."
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #48 of 98

sounds like someone jumped the gun on this one.  Gonna wait till it appears in my Software Update in Mac App Store.

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #49 of 98

Software Update NOW WORKING to Update ITunes!

post #50 of 98

Why hasn't Apple released OSX Mavericks?!?!?! Where is it?!?! I want it RIGHT NOW!

 

 

 

 

Sorry, I meant to post this next month.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #51 of 98

Also, iRadio is there. It just says radio in your music library section next to album, artist, playlist and such...

post #52 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by snova View Post
 

sounds like someone jumped the gun on this one.  Gonna wait till it appears in my Software Update in Mac App Store.

 

Its in the App store now- currently downloaded.  103 of 141MB.  104.... 106....

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #53 of 98

iOS 7 AVAILABLE!!!!!!!

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #54 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post
 

iOS 7 AVAILABLE!!!!!!!

 

lulz thanks mate

post #55 of 98

If iOS 7 is available, anyone know where the official DL spot is? I need to do a fresh update of it.

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

Reply

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

Reply
post #56 of 98

It's appearing in Software Update now.


Edited by Howie - 9/18/13 at 10:12am
post #57 of 98

wonder how much money is being lost in productivity today and overall Internet bandwidth spike. 

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #58 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by snova View Post
 

wonder how much money is being lost in productivity today and overall Internet bandwidth spike. 

 

WTF.... I have to remove iPhoto, Keynote, Pages, Notes etc. to have 3.2 GB free before I can update ???

post #59 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by loekf View Post
 

 

WTF.... I have to remove iPhoto, Keynote, Pages, Notes etc. to have 3.2 GB free before I can update ???

 

Lol... I had to remove pages, keynote, and Numbers also....

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #60 of 98

Update fails via Mac App Store.. I get "The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)"   

anyone else seeing this?

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #61 of 98

iOS 7.0 Software Update Failed on my 4s????? Tried again and still failed, "An error occurred downloading iOS 7.0." Come on Apple & get your act together!

post #62 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbec View Post
 

iOS 7.0 Software Update Failed on my 4s????? Tried again and still failed. Come on Apple & get your act together!

 

something tells me their server farm is slammed and its not happy. 

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #63 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

I would like the option to download HD 24bit audio tracks and albums - come on Apple, Steve wanted this too! Will it ever happen?

There's an interesting article here arguing that it won't make sense to do so. This is one excerpt from it:
http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

"192kHz considered harmful

192kHz digital music files offer no benefits. They're not quite neutral either; practical fidelity is slightly worse. The ultrasonics are a liability during playback.

Neither audio transducers nor power amplifiers are free of distortion, and distortion tends to increase rapidly at the lowest and highest frequencies. If the same transducer reproduces ultrasonics along with audible content, any nonlinearity will shift some of the ultrasonic content down into the audible range as an uncontrolled spray of intermodulation distortion products covering the entire audible spectrum. Nonlinearity in a power amplifier will produce the same effect. The effect is very slight, but listening tests have confirmed that both effects can be audible."

You are talking frequency response and he is talking dynamic range.
post #64 of 98

I think they just pulled iTunes 11.1.    www.apple.com/itunes now shows 11.0.5 again.    SW update from Mac App store fails.

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #65 of 98

Now downloading again, est. 23 minutes?

post #66 of 98

Servers must be getting slammed. I saw the update on the iTunes page and tried downloading 3 or 4 times but got the 253 byte file. Then I saw the update in the app store and tried to download a few times, but it also failed. I finally went back to the iTunes websites and was able to download.

 

Installing now, then on to ios7.

 

btw, spent the whole morning backing up blobs just in case. I had stayed at 6.12 for jb, but apparently someone has a jb for 6.14 ready to go, so that may be ready before the ios7 version. Just making sure I can go back in case I prefer my jb apps instead of ios7.

post #67 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbec View Post
 

iOS 7.0 Software Update Failed on my 4s????? Tried again and still failed, "An error occurred downloading iOS 7.0." Come on Apple & get your act together!

 

I started out getting a message saying couldn't check for update.    Kept trying until it started.  Then I got the same message above once on my iPhone.  Powered it off, back on and tried again, got the cannot check for update a couple more times, but then it started.  Funny thing is I had no such issue on the iPad.  The download started and is still installing on both now.

 

P.S.  When I tried the update through iTunes, it kept telling me my software was up to date.  This while it was already downloading on my iPad.  Not a very smooth process this time, I have to admit.

post #68 of 98

Suggestion for Apple, Next time throw all the names of the 50 states in a hat and pick 1-50, then allow downloads each hour from the 50 states – or BUY MORE SERVERS! Where are you Steve now when we need you.

post #69 of 98

Anybody else getting an error when they try to update to iTunes 11.1?

post #70 of 98

iTunes 11.1 downloaded, but no iOS7 yet. Keep hitting check for update in iTunes but not only getting 6.1.4 for iPhone and 6.1.3 for ipad

post #71 of 98

elehcdn, I'm not seeing iOS 7 yet either.

post #72 of 98

Now.. iTunes 11.1 is back on the website.  I just know the stress level has got to be high over there right now. Someone is freaking out at Apple trying to managing this crazy roll out.

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #73 of 98

Mac App Store shows the iTunes 11.1.0 update is available (along with Xcode 5.0), but clicking Update results in an error (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)  I saw this on two different Macs. My guess is the servers are overloaded.

post #74 of 98

Downloading ios7 now.

post #75 of 98

For people with multiple machines, I suggest going to the iTunes webpage and downloading iTunes there. That way you can use the dmg on all your machines without having to reaccess the servers. iOS7 downloading, but very slow. Saying 23 mins to go now and I started at least 5 mins ago.

post #76 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by elehcdn View Post
 

For people with multiple machines, I suggest going to the iTunes webpage and downloading iTunes there. That way you can use the dmg on all your machines without having to reaccess the servers. iOS7 downloading, but very slow. Saying 23 mins to go now and I started at least 5 mins ago.

 

I agree.  Will try to do the same with my iOS7 items via iTunes.  At least I have a few devices which are the same kind and I can restart d/l if something goofs up mid transfer. 

 

I honestly dont ever recall being so excited and happy to finally download iTunes. ;-P

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #77 of 98

No iTunes Radio in Canada :'(

“What would I do? I’d shut Apple down and give the money back to the shareholders”

Michael Dell - 1997

Reply

“What would I do? I’d shut Apple down and give the money back to the shareholders”

Michael Dell - 1997

Reply
post #78 of 98

Too bad. I am an ex-pat living in LA and I am currently listening to Marc Jordan Radio! ;-)

post #79 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post
 

No iTunes Radio in Canada :'(

 

Yet ... These things always get pushed to 3rd world countries a bit later. ;-)

post #80 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by muadibe View Post
 

 

I started out getting a message saying couldn't check for update.    Kept trying until it started.  Then I got the same message above once on my iPhone.  Powered it off, back on and tried again, got the cannot check for update a couple more times, but then it started.  Funny thing is I had no such issue on the iPad.  The download started and is still installing on both now.

 

P.S.  When I tried the update through iTunes, it kept telling me my software was up to date.  This while it was already downloading on my iPad.  Not a very smooth process this time, I have to admit.

 

Not very smooth? Has the world seen this kind of demand before? Over 200M devices (300M?) to be updated. Who knows how many instances of iTunes. Then you have thousands and thousands and thousands of apps all releasing updates. Superbowl hasn't been this popular. I hear even NSA is having trouble completing their downloads.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbec View Post
 

Suggestion for Apple, Next time throw all the names of the 50 states in a hat and pick 1-50, then allow downloads each hour from the 50 states – or BUY MORE SERVERS! Where are you Steve now when we need you.

 

Oh sure, server-side of things worked much better when Jobs was in charge. Not. But seriously, this may well be going as well as can be.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more