or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › vB q?

vB q?

post #1 of 18
is there any way to set the number of threads per page?
I'd like the number to be higher...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #2 of 18
ok, <bump> do other people agree? disagree? is this even possible with the current software?
I don't like when threads drop to the next page, so I'd like the option of at least making that window bigger...if at least for me
post #3 of 18
I agree. I'm on high speed ADSL though, so I have to capacity to agree with you. Others have to download a banner a page on their modems, so all bits help.
post #4 of 18
I agree. I'm on Cable, so, I'd like to be able to have about 80+ threads per page.
post #5 of 18
aren't 50 / page enough? i think it could be higher with vB but i'm too lazy to log and see..
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
post #6 of 18
not posts, threads... the # is much lower then 50
post #7 of 18
The number has traditionally always been 40 posts per page here on AI (at least for as far back as I can remember) and was something I always preferred to MacNN's forum which has 50 per page. I know it sounds like a small difference, but I vote to stay our traditional 40 per page.
Ceci n'est pas une pomme. Magritte
post #8 of 18
Im talking about the forums page... the number of threads not posts you can choose the number of posts per thread in the UCP
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
Im talking about the forums page... the number of threads not posts you can choose the number of posts per thread in the UCP

Right i have choose to have 50 post per page, but it slow down the loading, so the initial setup of 40 is probabiliy better for me and my damn 56 K (theoric) connection.
post #10 of 18
I know what you mean, Paul, and I support it.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul

Sorry I misread the post

It isn't that big a deal to me but it is always nice to have options so yes, this sounds like a fine idea.
post #12 of 18
Not on a per-user basis, no.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
Not on a per-user basis, no.

why not? too much work? \
post #14 of 18
Then put it to a vote (if you don't mind). I figure most of us are on broadband of some kind, I'd rather have more per page also....
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
post #15 of 18
Yeah, setting it to something like 100 shouldn't cause too many dial-up users to complain.
14" iBook
700MHz G3
640MB RAM

Kecksy's Korner
14" iBook
700MHz G3
640MB RAM

Kecksy's Korner
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
why not? too much work? \

Uh, yeah. That's right.

I'd have to:

A) read through a boatload of vB's code.
B) figure out how to hack the code and modify it to allow users to control this kind of feature of an individual basis
C) write new templates for the new code I would have written in B
D) pray to god/jesus/allah/buddha/{insert diety here} that my very dirty hack doesn't completely destroy the user database

B would, of course, take an enormous amount of time, far more time than I would want to spend even if I didn't have to attend class or eat or sleep.

There is no simple toggle for this "feature". That's all there is to it. Users can set the number of posts per page of a thread but not the number of threads per page of a forum.
post #17 of 18
alrighty, then.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Kecksy
Yeah, setting it to something like 100 shouldn't cause too many dial-up users to complain.

its at 25 now... maybe 40 or 50?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › vB q?