or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries?

Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries? - Page 2

post #41 of 366
This could be a great Konfabulator Widget - a little window that tells you how many people are connected, the bits going out, maximum people connected at once, etc, etc.

Hmm...

Just a cable connection for me, but I do seem to have crazy upload speeds at times. *shrug*
post #42 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by mlnjr
Here's me: 24.125.32.89. Over 7 days' worth of 192 Kbps mp3s.

I've discovered that I can't share the AAC tracks I bought yesterday. I didn't think that would be the case...

I just connected to you and I can see your "Purchased Music" playlist, but it tells me I'm not one of your three authorized computers. Interesting. I didn't think that would be the case either. It's streaming, not copying, so I thought that would be OK.

When Steve's son and nephew came in to his demo yesterday, either they were the three authorized machines, or he wasn't using Music Store purchased music.
\
post #43 of 366
I don't know if my firewall will allow this but:

A ton of music, all different kinds, nearly all full albums and all my music.
post #44 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
When Steve's son and nephew came in to his demo yesterday, either they were the three authorized machines, or he wasn't using Music Store purchased music.
\

That's my first big gripe about the service. I bought those AAC tracks just like I own the rest of my iTunes library. To share the AAC tracks I bought, I'll have to re-rip them as .mp3s or go buy the albums in a music store and rip them into .mp3s from source recordings that are much higher quality. It's weird that I can't even stream these far-below-original-quality recordings to other users of the same music service I use. What about new Mac users who have no iTunes libraries to begin with? People who don't own any CDs (maybe that's far-fetched these days) and don't have anything in their iTunes library until they buy tracks from Apple?
mlnjr@comcast.net
iChat: mlnortonjr@mac.com
mlnjr@comcast.net
iChat: mlnortonjr@mac.com
post #45 of 366
Anyone that's connected to my iTunes library-how's the connection? Is the network stalling a lot? Just asking 'cos there's four people connected right now and I was wondering how my connection was handeling the load.
post #46 of 366
time to bust out the CD collection and rip the rest of them. sharing music makes it fun again. i'll have to get port forwarding set up on the NAT and make sure the wireless isn't screwing it up at all.

got 14GB of full albums i own, but that's probably not even half of the entire collection.

just got lazy ripping 'em after a while. now that i have two laptops i'll use 'em in tandem.

however, during the day (9:00 - 4:30 central time) you can access what i've got up now at 160.94.81.23

edit: nevermind. try tomorrow, i'm taking off. :P
post #47 of 366

I guess it's working.

post #48 of 366
Does it automatically just let the right number of people access? I've never had more than 5 people accessing mine, but it seemed like way more people were messaging me last night about it.

I got a message from DogCow's server last night that it wasn't accepting any more people... an auto thing to keep the existing people sharing with sufficient bandwidth?
post #49 of 366
WOW is right. It would be nice if I could download your music by dragging the track to my Desktop, but I assume we could just use Audio Hijack?
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #50 of 366
murbot- You've got In Da Pub!!!

I will put mine up once I re-organize/add music to my iTunes playlist. I'm afraid most of you won't really like my music...although I do have a lot of different stuff.
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #51 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by Dogcow
You can listen to mine at: 136.167.184.46
[Go to advanced > connect to shared music]

Anyone else want to share?

<<removed>>

for the next few days anyway
heh
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #52 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic
WOW is right. It would be nice if I could download your music by dragging the track to my Desktop, but I assume we could just use Audio Hijack?

this is how iCommune worked, no?
post #53 of 366
Could someone try mine? 24.136.234.83 I'm trying to figure out this thing behind my ABS.
post #54 of 366
My IP is 24.88.76.58. Enjoy, pretty eclectic mix.
I too, have the ability to kill a yak at 200 yards... with mind bullets!
post #55 of 366
man, if my dns client wasn't flucking up, i would publsh mine herE!
post #56 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by torifile
Could someone try mine? 24.136.234.83 I'm trying to figure out this thing behind my ABS.

works great "t"
post #57 of 366
Torrifile you areworking just fine
post #58 of 366
I don't know how long this IP will last, but can someone try mine? (I'm not sure what exactly I needed to do, I set port forwarding on my Linksys router so port 3689 forwards to my iBooks local IP, is that right?) I'm just curious to see how this stuff works.

68.101.82.167 is the IP. I don't know if it'll stream all that well, seeing as I'm using Airport, but have a go at it anyway.

Thanks
What the problem is?
What the problem is?
post #59 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by MCQ
I don't know how long this IP will last, but can someone try mine? (I'm not sure what exactly I needed to do, I set port forwarding on my Linksys router so port 3689 forwards to my iBooks local IP, is that right?) I'm just curious to see how this stuff works.

68.101.82.167 is the IP. I don't know if it'll stream all that well, seeing as I'm using Airport, but have a go at it anyway.

Thanks

Well, it's not streaming too great. But at least it works.

edit: am I the only one who likes to have whole albums encoded? It seems that way...
post #60 of 366
I'm on cable (DHCP) so we'll see how long my IP lasts:

Most will hate what I have to offer anyway, enjoy what you can.

PS: thanks, torifile. Yours works fine here in NJ. I (now) encode most of my albums except for songs that I know I'll never like. I still have to go back and fill in for some of my CDs.
post #61 of 366
Thanks, torifile, at least I know it's configured properly then. I figured the streaming would be very bad, since I'm on wireless.
What the problem is?
What the problem is?
post #62 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by TigerWoods99
murbot- You've got In Da Pub!!!

Damn! Forgot to delete that. It's from Jonathan.

post #63 of 366
Damn. What friggin fun!! Can anybody see me? (216.46.194.42). I'm connected sporadically, but can someone give me an idea of how fast they can connect/play from me?

Sounds so dirty......
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #64 of 366
Hey murbot, "Right Turn" isn't AIC and Chris Cornell. It's Alice Mudgarden. Read the CD liner notes...

This is too cool for school....

I'm behind a FW too, so I can't share... =(((
"I've learned there's more to life than being really, really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking. :-x" - Zoolander
~:My scraps:~
"I've learned there's more to life than being really, really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking. :-x" - Zoolander
~:My scraps:~
post #65 of 366
post #66 of 366
Never listened to 'Abductions & Reconstructions' before. Nice. Have to go pick that up.
post #67 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by Whyatt Thrash
Hey murbot, "Right Turn" isn't AIC and Chris Cornell. It's Alice Mudgarden. Read the CD liner notes...

Sounds like them...

I don't know, it's one of my few downloaded tracks, what can I say.
post #68 of 366
Help me out folks. I want to share my music. I have sharing turned on in iTunes 4 without a password. My IP address/Network Address is 10.0.1.2 but I can't connect to it myself from my other mac. What am I not doing? My connect is via ethernet port on a Snow Airport. Help please.
post #69 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by Dogcow
You can listen to mine at: 136.167.184.46
[Go to advanced > connect to shared music]

Anyone else want to share?

"A Whole New World"
post #70 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by doyal
Help me out folks. I want to share my music. I have sharing turned on in iTunes 4 without a password. My IP address/Network Address is 10.0.1.2 but I can't connect to it myself from my other mac. What am I not doing? My connect is via ethernet port on a Snow Airport. Help please.

When I go to that link that shows you what your I.P address is I get 66.68.48.233. More confused now than ever.
post #71 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan

Damn, Jonathan, your iTunes library is a sty! Thanks, BTW.
post #72 of 366
Quote:
When I go to that link that shows you what your I.P address is I get 66.68.48.233. More confused now than ever.

Thanks for the outpouring of help you bastards.
post #73 of 366
checking out jonathan's stuff right now

Ursual 1000.....Hell, Yeah!

g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #74 of 366
daap://dcohen.dyndns.org

sorry if it is not up, it usually is from 7 30 to 11 or 12 EST
post #75 of 366
Quote:

Use that one.
post #76 of 366
66.66.114.250, My computer's on odd hours, but iTunes is almost always open. I have almost every CD I own ripped, so it's a lot. This is pretty cool, because I can actually listen to enough of a band to see if I like them a lot, but I am not really frustrated at all that I can't save the songs. It's just so cool that I don't care about playing fair with the music industry.
post #77 of 366
I forgot to mention, I also have 9 hours of MIDI...
post #78 of 366
I'm assuming by the outpouring of responses to my earlier request that people are conecting to my iTunes, looking around and saying, "Good God! This guy has horrid taste in music. Who the hell is Doo Rag? I don't even want to know if it streams or not." Well, sucks to your assmar.
post #79 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by InactionMan
I'm assuming by the outpouring of responses to my earlier request that people are conecting to my iTunes, looking around and saying, "Good God! This guy has horrid taste in music. Who the hell is Doo Rag? I don't even want to know if it streams or not." Well, sucks to your assmar.

I'm seriously not trying to be rude or anything, but you totally lost me on that one.

I see I have one iTunes user connected. That rules. Who ever you are, out there some where, looking at my collection of music; please don't ask
post #80 of 366
Wow you guys are awesome. You've found out how to exploit features in iTunes for illegal purposes. You clever fokes. I'm sure thats exactly what they designed it for.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries?