or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Black and White

Black and White

post #1 of 10
who here has this game and has used it with a mac....will it run well on the new iMac?? plan on getting it for my girls...they love the sims and tropico....seems like a nice god game with great graphics...any replies would be appreciated...g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #2 of 10
I cked it out at <a href="http://www.mac-o-rama.com" target="_blank">www.mac-o-rama.com</a> (good site for Mac games) and the system specs were pretty high. I think 500 MHz G4 w/ a graphics card that had at least 32 MB VRAM was recommended. This game should run fine with the new iMac's GeForce2 MX card. Go for it.
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #3 of 10
yea i have it on my pc and its hardcore on requirements, but on the new imac it will run like a dream. I;m looking foward to trying it on my new 933

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Ti Fighter ]</p>
post #4 of 10
thanks for the replies...think (know) i'm getting it for the girls...pretty sure they will love it (heck, i think i'm gonna be checking it out too)...g
post #5 of 10
I've been playing it for the last week on my iBook and an 867 MHz G4. The iBook is 500 MHz, so it runs kinda slow, but it's playable. The 867 MHz G4 is VERY playable, so it should run really well on a new iMac.

Very cool game. I played it 'till 3 in the morning the night I got it...I started playing that evening at 6 PM.
post #6 of 10
yea the first time was the best, i sat their in awe throwing rocks at villager's houses and listening to their death screams
post #7 of 10
The 867 MHz G4 is VERY playable, so it should run really well on a new iMac.

thanks MacAgent...thats what i wanted to hear

and dang Ti Fighter, that's harsh!

so getting Black and White and Civ3 for girls (and me)

then Giants for me---might wait till all the bugs and multiplay are worked out...

thanks all....too many games

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
post #8 of 10
I just got it yesterday and it runs beautifully on my 550mhz G4 with 512mb of ram running OS X 10.1.2. My creature (the cow) has been eating a lot of the villagers, the leash of aggression makes for hours of people-eating fun!

This is one of the cleverest games I've ever seen and it's definitely worth the money. While the system requirements are high, it seems to run fine on my system which is just a notch above the minimum specs.

Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
post #9 of 10
Black and White is a sweet game. I played it on my frineds Pentium 3 733 Mhz with a TNT 2 graphics card.

It ran very nicely!
post #10 of 10
B&W runs great on my G4/500 DP (512 MB RAM, Radeon). It runs acceptably well on my Ti PB 667 (512 MB RAM, Radeon Mobility).

Great game with a pretty cool AI. Really neat premise. I enjoy this game a lot. But not as much as Giants on GameRanger (works in Classic).

-Ender
If you find yourself sided with the majority, it is time to change your thinking.

-Mark Twain
If you find yourself sided with the majority, it is time to change your thinking.

-Mark Twain
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Black and White