or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Anyone have a better iTunes icon?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone have a better iTunes icon?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I want an icon that better fits with the iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD icons and appleworks. the iTunes one looks out of place in my dock and I really don't particularly care for it anyways...

I've looked but haven't found quite qhat I want
post #2 of 17
ask michaelm8000000
post #3 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by applenut:
<strong>I want an icon that better fits with the iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD icons and appleworks. the iTunes one looks out of place in my dock and I really don't particularly care for it anyways...

I've looked but haven't found quite qhat I want</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know what you mean. The other iApp icons are more square and the iTunes one is circular. It is an odity.
post #4 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:
<strong>

I know what you mean. The other iApp icons are more square and the iTunes one is circular. It is an odity.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Now applenut's probably gunna call you an idiot just because you replied to one of his topics.
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
no, his response showed a trace of intelligence.
post #6 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by applenut:
<strong>no, his response showed a trace of intelligence.</strong><hr></blockquote>

post #7 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>

Now applenut's probably gunna call you an idiot just because you replied to one of his topics.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Microsoft knows what's best for you, so keep quiet, open your wallet, and be a team player.
Reply
Microsoft knows what's best for you, so keep quiet, open your wallet, and be a team player.
Reply
post #8 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by applenut:
<strong>I want an icon that better fits with the iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD icons and appleworks. the iTunes one looks out of place in my dock and I really don't particularly care for it anyways...

I've looked but haven't found quite qhat I want</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have not made one because i like theres. One that I have redone is the iPhoto One. I just took the camera from img capture and made it a strait angle and made the lense blue and put in on that iphoto pic. I have that Windows Xp looking camera on the real iphoto icon.
post #9 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:
<strong>

I have not made one because i like theres. </strong><hr></blockquote>

You have quite a few people that use your icons. Just because you like Apple's icon doesn't mean other people do. If you want people to continue to use them shouldn't you give them ones for apps that almost everyone uses?
post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
yea, come on mike, make me an icon that fits in better with the other iapps
post #11 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>

You have quite a few people that use your icons. Just because you like Apple's icon doesn't mean other people do. If you want people to continue to use them shouldn't you give them ones for apps that almost everyone uses?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I make all my icons for my own fun and for my own using. I just post them on the internet for people to use. If I do not have the motivation to make a icon I will not be able to do it. It would be no fun beacuse i already love the iTunes icon.
post #12 of 17
Since Michael doesn't seem too keen on making a new iTunes icon. I thought I'd give it a go. Well, this is my first icon so please excuse the poor quality of it.

I noticed iPhoto, iDVD, and iMovie all have rectangular windows rotated a few degrees. I read the Aqua human interface guidelines a loooong time ago and Apple did mention how appropriate icons were to be designed, but I have since forgotten.

Anyway, is this the kind of icon everyone is after?



-Ybot
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
Reply
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
Reply
post #13 of 17
<img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> :eek:

Nice try, Ybot. <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />

Of course, if MacNN wasn't broken, we could try <a href="http://xicons.macnn.com/" target="_blank">xicons</a>, but I don't recall them having an iTunes replacement...
post #14 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:
<strong>

I make all my icons for my own fun and for my own using. I just post them on the internet for people to use. If I do not have the motivation to make a icon I will not be able to do it. It would be no fun beacuse i already love the iTunes icon.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Alright, fair enough. I didn't know that they were for your own use originally. I thought you made them to post on your site and have other people use.
post #15 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>

Alright, fair enough. I didn't know that they were for your own use originally. I thought you made them to post on your site and have other people use.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I sorta make them for other people to download. But like I said if I do not want to make it I have trubble making one. Like I rarely make icons from ideas people send me unless I am really interested in making it. I just have to have motivation beacuse my icons take about 3-5 hours to make, sometimes more.
post #16 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:
<strong> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> :eek:

Nice try, Ybot. <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />

Of course, if MacNN wasn't broken, we could try <a href="http://xicons.macnn.com/" target="_blank">xicons</a>, but I don't recall them having an iTunes replacement...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well it just goes to show us we shouldn't depend on one site alone to fulfill our icon requirements. Xicons needs some healthy competition.

And I just noticed my 'icon' is a wee bit huge. I guess I forgot to scaled it to 128x128 before posting it, hehe.

-Y
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
Reply
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
Reply
post #17 of 17
Hey, speaking of icons. i entered into the Iconfacotry contest:<a href="http://www.iconfactory.com/pp_listing.asp?category=OSX" target="_blank">I am OSX009, Fun Foods</a>

I know they arent the best, but please tell me what you think of them <img src="graemlins/embarrassed.gif" border="0" alt="[Embarrassed]" />
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Anyone have a better iTunes icon?