or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!

Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!! - Page 4

post #121 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
Some of you may discover the pre-Photoshop source of this, but nonetheless: (image below)

You probably mean something like this:

Edited: typo
post #122 of 243
Yup, that's part of the inspiration and a comparison made in some PC mags
I'll come clean: I photoshopped the Asus 7700 ATX case. I'll leave it to you all to find the pre-photoshopped Asus case. (www.asus.com)
post #123 of 243
post #124 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by swiz

Good idea
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #125 of 243
Introduing the BlingMac:

Pretty Pimp
post #126 of 243
What's this, pimp my ride?
post #127 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by Ireland
What's this, pimp my ride?

I actually did put a hubcap on first...

But i guess it would be pimp my mac...
post #128 of 243
this size shd be very good! ... and no water cooling system

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #129 of 243
Is that 24-carat gold?
post #130 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by swiz

Swiz your image is not coming up because your http address is referring to your local drive not an actual web address...
post #131 of 243
Of course we all know Fiddy will be accompanying Steve on stage to present the new Mac Pro / Bling Mac at WWDC. Word. (image below)

post #132 of 243
post #133 of 243
Quote:
Of course we all know Fiddy will be accompanying Steve on stage to present the new Mac Pro / Bling Mac at WWDC. Word. (image below)

Fo' Sho'!
post #134 of 243
In all seriousness -- I think a PowerMac with brushed black metal would be really cool.
post #135 of 243
Quote:

Wachu thinkin BIOTCH?! We need a chrome dove spinna for da logo -- you feel me bro?
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #136 of 243
G-UNIT!
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #137 of 243
Okay, this thread is offically LAME!!!

I mean, come on, who wants a gold-plated PowerMac?!?

Come on guys, let's see something that could actually be produced by Apple

And sunilraman, what is with the Fiddy Scent obsession?!?

;^p
Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
SuperDrive delete
post #138 of 243
Hey, I'm a desperate attention seeker. Fiddy seems to have more impact then my earlier HR-Giger-esque ProMac/ Asus Vento 7700 case hack job.

And it was icfireball that brought on the BlingMac, it just needed a celebrity endorsement

I would bring out Ice Cube but that might be a little old skool now. But still great:

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day

Word to your motha..BIATCH!!
post #139 of 243
Quote:
Hey, I'm a desperate attention seeker. Fiddy seems to have more impact then my earlier HR-Giger-esque ProMac/ Asus Vento 7700 case hack job.

And it was icfireball that brought on the BlingMac, it just needed a celebrity endorsement

I would bring out Ice Cube but that might be a little old skool now. But still great:

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day

Word to your motha..BIATCH!!

Uh, that's beeotch, homez

;^p

As for endorsements from the rap/hip hop community, I would go for the true Old Schooler, Ice-MuthaFuckin' T, yo

And tell your momz I said, "Sup?!?"

SuperDrive delete
SuperDrive delete
post #140 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by kenaustus
OK - not mine, but nice:

http://www.applele.com/pict_05powermac_r01.html

Just hope that there will be a smaller version, in terms of the size of a case - the current PM is huge.

I liked that one. Clean with baffled intake, would cut down on noise that leaks out of the front of the now, cheesegratter Power Mac.

Call me crazy, but I think Apple should make this computer look different then the others when it comes time for Intel-ization. Why?
  1. It may be the last Mac to change*, but its audience (professionals) has a lot riding on the processor change. There are still many programs that need to go Universal, and this platform change should be welcomed with a new coat.
  2. So you say, "but then if #1 was true why didn't Apple redesign the enclosure for the MacBook Pro?" Simple. That design worked fine for their replacement Intel chip. Lower power chip, laptop case. But the Power Mac G5 was entirely designed because the IBM G5 is a power hungry, heat spewing beast.

See there is NO point to have 9 fans, their "holey" front for the new Intel chips. So they use Xeons, so they use a server board, see server hardware is freakin' loud. Louder then loud. I don't want freakin loud just because I want power and expandability. On the desk, under the desk, they can redesign the PMG5 case and should.

BTX or something similar would work, two 120mm intakes with dust filters (washable) cooling hard drives near the front of the case and then chips near the back. 3.5" hard drives are big when you want to use more then two of them so I don't think the current G5's zones would work if they add more drives, which they should.

Look at for an example of good acoustic design.

I'd like Apple to finally offer a Tower that isn't a Power Mac, that isn't $2000, that isn't huge, and fan filled. I'd like to see another, smaller box with limited expandability and just a single processor.

Meh, I'm just pissed off. I've brought my 1.8 GHz Dual G4 upgraded Digital Audio back home after being at the office for a few years and well, its loud. Just recently sold a gaming PC I built using that large, silver case I linked to above. Two drives, Dual-core processor, high-end video card, it was whisper quiet. THAT is what I'd like if I plunked down cash for another Power Mac. Its expandable, its quiet, its powerful.

Pfft, I'll probably end up buying a Mac mini and installing a 2.1 GHz Duo or Merom after they are released. My Mac mini G4 has been great acoustically.

* The Xserve may get updated before, it may not. But it really is the black sheep of the Apple line-up anyway. And may not follow logic.
/* styling for my posts */
.intelligence {display: none;}
post #141 of 243
Ah, the dual G4 digital-audio and Quicksilvers. Teh "windy"
post #142 of 243
It'll probably be the same case...

and the X-ray shows the other chip. (not really but still).
post #143 of 243
Quote:
Yeah, I look forward to the bitching when the Mac Pro is released. It would include any of the following:

1. weird crashes
2. whining sounds
3. not powerful enough
4. not enough ram
5. no SLI graphics
6. too loud
7. too big
8. too small
9. not expandable
10. too expandable
11. too sexy
12. not sexy enough
13. too expensive
14. too low-priced
15. too much thermal paste
16. not enough thermal paste
17. too heavy
18. too light

Don't forget:

19. Drops internet connection from wake
20. Drops internet connection randomly
21. Internet connection in general sucks
22. Bluetooth connection sucks
23. Fans are noisy

We laugh. But I hope Steve is taking folks at Apple to task over the quality issues.
post #144 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by BWhaler
Don't forget:

23. Fans are noisy

We laugh. But I hope Steve is taking folks at Apple to task over the quality issues.

23??

G5 fans are extremly quiet. It is SO nice.
post #145 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by icfireball
In all seriousness -- I think a PowerMac with brushed black metal would be really cool.

Yeah, so do I.
post #146 of 243
Quote:
Ah, the dual G4 digital-audio and Quicksilvers. Teh "windy"

Apparently, damn. haha. I could replace the 120mm fan and put fanmates on the dualie fans. I could, but meh. Once I get another Mac mini or in a few weeks just use my Mac mini G4 from work I could buy a Dual-DVI KVM and wake the Digital Audio from sleep when I want to play Quake 3/4.
post #147 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by BWhaler
Don't forget:

23. Fans are noisy

Good job at completely missing the point of the post you quoted.
post #148 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by Chucker
Good job at completely missing the point of the post you quoted.

Agreed.
post #149 of 243
If my Mac Pro is too quiet, I'll be pissed at you, Apple.
post #150 of 243
Originally posted by Placebo
If my Mac Pro is too quiet, I'll be pissed at you, Apple.

Heh. Good One.
post #151 of 243
Quote:
Originally posted by b3nj
It'll probably be the same case...

and the X-ray shows the other chip. (not really but still).

Cool. Here was my version. The complaint feedback was too small and the handle would slice up your hand realll good. Plus "core ex2" was just something I made up. All the intel naming scheme thingys are confusing me now.

post #152 of 243
Here's mine, with a glossy black case, a Xeon logo I drew up in a minute or two, and two graphics cards with an SLI bridge.

post #153 of 243
Quote:
Here's mine, with a glossy black case

Nice
If Apple would do something like that with the MacBook Pro I'll buy one.
alles sal reg kom
alles sal reg kom
post #154 of 243
That's awesome placebo.
onlooker

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
onlooker

post #155 of 243
Quote:

[Toy Story Aliens]Oooooooooh...[/Toy Story Aliens]
post #156 of 243
My god, I had almost forgotten about the Toy Story aliens. They were the best.
post #157 of 243
"Nirvana is coming! The Mystic Portal awaits!"
"Will you shut up?"
post #158 of 243
it's not really the macbook black... but a more nicer darker aluminum case...

I do remember from the "MacBook Pro Mock-Up thread" that Sunil would have liked a darker aluminum case. So I gave this a try.
post #159 of 243
Placebo. Black is a hard sell to everyone, although I would get the black one for sure, but could do it in a glossy iPod white for the business sector that possibly couldn't have that on top of their desk? You know how conforming the working sector can be.
onlooker

onlooker

post #160 of 243
as blackbird said...
[toy story aliens]Oooooooooo...[/toy story aliens]
to b3nj and Placebo. Burnt Aluminium and Pro Black
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!