or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Ok to drink...?

Ok to drink...?

post #1 of 25
I found a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream in the cellar - expired in 2001.

Does anyone know if it's safe to drink (or will it cause food poisoning?). Recently I opened a bottle of white ('Joy' 2002) which was really sour and awful so I'm not sure. If I don't drink it, I'll probably just keep it sealed on the mantlepiece.

Any experience or thoughts on expired bottles? What do you do with yours?
post #2 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin

Does anyone know if it's safe to drink (or will it cause food poisoning?). Recently I opened a bottle of white ('Joy' 2002) which was really sour and awful so I'm not sure. If I don't drink it, I'll probably just keep it sealed on the mantlepiece.

If a normal night of drinking, for you, involves a great deal of retching, heaving and puking, go for it!
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #3 of 25
Quote:

Yeah. I throw them away. Especially if they're 5 years expired. It ain't wine son!
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #4 of 25
Are you so cheap you can't just buy another one?
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo

You wanna buy him another one, moneybags?
post #6 of 25
Quote:

Cream. Expired. Think about it.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #7 of 25
As long as it doesn't have "Made by Yutaka" somewhere on the label... Go for it

(no don't really go for it, throw it out)

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #8 of 25
For heaven's sake, think of us poor bastards who can't drive to the Dalwhinnie or Glenlivet distilleries -- and you're fooling about with Irish Cream!!? There's got to be a UN violation in there somewhere.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #9 of 25
What if it's "the Master's" past-expiration Bailey's Irish Cream? Can you drink it then? Is it better to drink it, um, uh... second hand?
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline

What if it's "the Master's" past-expiration Bailey's Irish Cream? Can you drink it then? Is it better to drink it, um, uh... second hand?

What the hell do you think Steel Reserve is made of?
post #11 of 25
i used to use that stuff for my coffee instead of milk...

now the thought of it makes me ill.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

What the hell do you think Steel Reserve is made of?

Fermented Vegemite.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

i used to use that stuff for my coffee instead of milk...

now the thought of it makes me ill.

Steel reserve?
post #14 of 25
It might make a fine alcohol-based enema.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #15 of 25
put it on the mantle? why? throw it out....
post #16 of 25
oh, perfect white elephant gift.
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
post #17 of 25
Baileys contains no preservatives and has a shelf life of 24 months.

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/337929
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Steel reserve?

not tried it, but we used to drink tennents extra strong when we were out on our bikes at 16. We would cycle to the offlicence, buy a couple of cans, drink them as fast as possible and see who could get the furthest home before we fell off.

probably wouldnt try it now/
post #19 of 25
Just grab some irish whiskey and get it over with.
post #20 of 25
LOL...You're tellin' him to just bite the bullet?

I bet it's irish cheese about now...
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

not tried it, but we used to drink tennents extra strong when we were out on our bikes at 16. We would cycle to the offlicence, buy a couple of cans, drink them as fast as possible and see who could get the furthest home before we fell off.

probably wouldnt try it now/

Well let me put it this way, our homeless people turn down Steel Reserve here in the states.

A bunch of us were drinking it at a tailgating party for a baseball game in San Francisco. We had an extra 211 (Steel Reserve) and offered it to a bum while walking to the game. When I tried to hand it to him he straight up told me, "I don't drink that shit!"

You would think he'd be jumping for joy for a free malt liquor.

Ungrateful bums.
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis

As long as it doesn't have "Made by Yutaka" somewhere on the label... Go for it

WOW, that was hilarious...made my day reading that...hahahahaha
post #23 of 25
Quote:

I'll show you....I'll show them all! I'm going to drink it!

Or at least offer first dibs to my mother-in-law....
post #24 of 25
Quote:

I'll show you....I'll show them all! I'm going to drink it!

Or at least offer first dibs to my mother-in-law....

afterwards, don't let her topless dance on the coffee table again, you know that makes the trailer shake.
post #25 of 25
Quote:
afterwards, don't let her topless dance on the coffee table again, you know that makes the trailer shake.

You don't know my mother-in-law - she's even more scary without any clothes on.

Interested in a free bottle of Baileys then?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Ok to drink...?