Apple developing "active packaging" for iPods and iPhones

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

At this point, the cliches about China have almost become uninformed, and basically, silly: you (and people with similar views) should really attempt to educate yourself at least a little bit on what countries like China are up to today on the green/clean/renewable energy front. The US runs the risk of rapidly falling behind, and frankly, has much to learn. It might even make sense to approach it with a bit of humility.

I won't bother to give you any links. If you are really interested, start finding out more and start reading about it.

Otherwise, stay content to be uninformed -- there's no law against that. It'll catch up with you soon enough.

Really? uneducated? uninformed? It's ok, I understand that the issue may hit a bit close to home for you. However your attempts to skirt the issue by focusing on the United States gives us all a real idea of the level of your character. Why not provide the links showcasing China's stellar environmental record? Seriously, why not? How about this, I'll provide you with ONE link and we can go from there. Namaste http://www.cfr.org/publication/12608/
  • Reply 82 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

Maybe you should read back a little further in your history, than picking out something that happened AFTER THE FACT

Quote:

and your 3rd post is an attack? Oh welcome to the site, glad you have nothing to contribute. Have a short stay.

You were flinging poo, I was just pointing that out, don't sound so surprised.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

Really? uneducated? uninformed? It's ok, I understand that the issue may hit a bit close to home for you. However your attempts to skirt the issue by focusing on the United States gives us all a real idea of the level of your character. Why not provide the links showcasing China's stellar environmental record? Seriously, why not? How about this, I'll provide you with ONE link and we can go from there. Namaste http://www.cfr.org/publication/12608/

Oh please. Spare me the stale stuff from CFR. If you'd cared to read, most of the hard data are from 2004. (That is typical for journals like that.) Given the phenomenal pace of changes taking place in that country, the info there is dated. You really need to find out what's going on in China in 2009, and the serious efforts that they are making.

Enough said.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Because that's utter BS. The "simple truth that Apple is green" is because it's simply politically correct (read AL Gore) to be green. Do you really think the captalistic society gives a crap about green?

So much for your wisdom.

Yes, it's politically correct to be green. Clearly, a segment of society does give a crap about being green - or at least they want to look like/pretend that they do. Those people will be more likely to buy from a company they feel is doing right. Apple's obviously only doing it to improve their bottom line. This is exactly what solipsism said, so what are you on about?