iPhone overheating problems could see aid from new patent

Comments

• Reply 21 of 72
    steviet02steviet02 Posts: 594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

We all said that if that happens get it replaced because it?s faulty. What part of that is so hard to understand? The idea that getting a bad CE means that they are all duds is simply the more absurd thing I?ve ever heard on this forum, save for Teckstud?s postings.

Thats not what you said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by solipsism

What signs were there of this issue? For example, the battery not holding a charge in stand by mode, hot to touch in standby mode, system crashes or lockups?

Like this was the first you had heard of it. Trying to be a smart ass really, weren't you?
  • Reply 22 of 72
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

Thats not what you said.

Like this was the first you had heard of it. Trying to be a smart ass really, weren't you?

I asked a simple question about what particular issues arose to cause the discolouration, just liek others did. You have never troubleshooted anything have you? There is a very simple chain of events that affect CE. If there is heat from a battery it is either being caused by a faulty battery -or- by other HW, like the CPU, that is working the battery constantly. I’m sure that Kasper is going to get theirs replaced. That is the sane thing to do.

You can’t expect to buy any CE and not need to utilize the warranty every now and again. That is what it is for. It’s your protection against a faulty product. Where do people go to school to learn about the very basics of business and commerce?
  • Reply 23 of 72
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

That is 10K objective and relevant posts to your zero.

HAH- HAH!!

Dude - you are the most biased poster on here. All your fanboyish posts only add to the suspicion that you're paid by Apple to come up with one excuse after the other on any Apple problem, lack of feature, or issue related to them. Is this your full time job?
  • Reply 24 of 72
    Quote:

Where do people go to school to learn about the very basics of business and commerce?

Cupertino U- is obviously where you attended.
  • Reply 25 of 72
    Quote:

Thats not what you said.

Like this was the first you had heard of it.

Oh yeah?
  • Reply 26 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Cupertino U- is obviously where you attended.

Solipsism, you gotta give him credit, that was a good one....
  • Reply 27 of 72
    Quote:

Oh yeah?

So why the hell would you ask what the symptoms were? Like you didn't believe it was happening.

Edit:

I don't read every post here, I have other things to do. Right now, I have 30 minutes to kill.
  • Reply 28 of 72
    Quote:

So why the hell would you ask what the symptoms were? Like you didn't believe it was happening.

How can you and Teckstud be so obtuse. From him we expect it, but you should know better.

Obviously, I asked what symptoms led to the discolouration. Where else have we have direct access to someone with an iPhone acting up like this? You might see a discoloured phone and think that Apple is teh doomed, but I’d like to know what is primary cause. It’s something that people who search for answers, instead of ust making wild guesses and accusations, do. It’s called research. Since my iPhone is not having these problems I have no choice but to inquire. Even if my iPhone was doing had the same discoloration, that does not automatically mean that the cause is the same as there are many reasons why the battery would overheat., as I hinted at with my examples above. Deduction and reasoning!
  • Reply 29 of 72
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    There's been ONE actual report that the FUD-spammers have gotten hold of.

Nothing widespread.

Instead of out-innovating and out-playing Apple the best the comatose competition can do is either promote FUD via grassroots channels or simply spread it themselves.

No one has managed to outdo Apple since the first iPhone, or the iPod, or in most of Apple's markets since 2001. Easiest thing to do is to save money on actual R&D and just run a collective smear campaign.
  • Reply 30 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

There's been ONE actual report that the FUD-spammers have gotten hold of.

Nothing widespread.

Instead of out-innovating and out-playing Apple the best the comatose competition can do is either promote FUD via grassroots channesl or simply spread it themselves.

Please -like how many threads has AppleInsider alone posted on this issue already. And the phone has only been released 2 weeks!
  • Reply 31 of 72
    Quote:

How can you and Teckstud be so obtuse. From him we expect it, but you should know better.

Obtuse? As in triangle?
  • Reply 32 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Obtuse? As in triangle?

Thank you for driving home my point.
  • Reply 33 of 72
    How many of you with any iPhones have had to return it because it got to hot, discoloured the plastic, wouldn?t hold a charge or any other HW issue? For those afflicted, was your issue stated to be a battery issue, some other HW issue, SW issue resolved with a restore, or unknown? Did you get it changed in a store or by mail and was the issue well known to the technical staff?
  • Reply 34 of 72
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    It is not a discoloration problem. The white iPhone just wants to be black because the black iPhone looks so much better than the white model. Of course I prefer my original model with the aluminum back. The few people that I know that bought a white iPhone, slipped it into a black iPhone case!
  • Reply 35 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

It is not a discoloration problem. The white iPhone just wants to be black because the black iPhone looks so much better than the white model. Of course I prefer my original model with the aluminum back. The few people that I know that bought a white iPhone, slipped it into a black iPhone case!

I prefer the look of the aluminium backing and I bough the white 3G and slipped it into a black rubber case. My reasoning for the white one was that it was only in 16GB and may hold it?s value better because of that. This time around I went with black as that capacity difference no longer held true. I would have thought that Product (Red) would have came this time around. Maybe that will be for a mid year release when the sales die down after Xmas.
  • Reply 36 of 72
    Quote:

How many of you with any iPhones have had to return it because it got to hot, discoloured the plastic, wouldn’t hold a charge or any other HW issue? For those afflicted, was your issue stated to be a battery issue, some other HW issue, SW issue resolved with a restore, or unknown? Did you get it changed in a store or by mail and was the issue well known to the technical staff?

I guess I'll know tomorrow. I hope it all works out. i've been listening to your incessant cheerleading and you've convinced me to buy.
  • Reply 37 of 72
    alecthekingalectheking Posts: 206member
    Quote:

How many of you with any iPhones have had to return it because it got to hot, discoloured the plastic, wouldn’t hold a charge or any other HW issue? For those afflicted, was your issue stated to be a battery issue, some other HW issue, SW issue resolved with a restore, or unknown? Did you get it changed in a store or by mail and was the issue well known to the technical staff?

I had to get my white 32gig exchanged because of battery issues and for an unknown reason all my audio went out from both speakers and the jack. Restore did not fix any of it but new one is working beautifully, also it was an in-store exchange if it makes a difference.
  • Reply 38 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

I had to get my white 32gig exchanged because of battery issues and for an unknown reason all my audio went out from both speakers and the jack. Restore did not fix any of it but new one is working beautifully

You didn?t happen to write down the serial number by any chance?
  • Reply 39 of 72
    alecthekingalectheking Posts: 206member
    Quote:

You didn?t happen to write down the serial number by any chance?

I still happen to have the original box but its at home. If you want I can post it up in about an hour or two?
  • Reply 40 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

I still happen to have the original box but its at home. If you want I can post it up in about an hour or two?

If we get Kasper?s S/N perhaps we can figure out if these phones are from within a select batch or more spread out which may be indicative of a larger, more complex problem.