Education, business markets lag for Apple

Comments

• Reply 21 of 67
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Its not my job to do your research either.... There is no recent data...but the latest data I find shows Apple is #1 in sales.

Show us your dated findings please.
  • Reply 22 of 67
    hittrj01hittrj01 Posts: 753member
    Quote:

Its not my job to do your research either.... There is no recent data...but the latest data I find shows Apple is #1 in sales.

Fair enough, just don't make statements and claim them as fact unless you have proof to back it up, otherwise it's just speculation.
  • Reply 23 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

Fair enough, just don't make statements and claim them as fact unless you have proof to back it up, otherwise it's just speculation.

Apple is number #1 in laptop sales sold to individuals in higher education but this is something else entirely. If he simply says sales- that could be private sector.
  • Reply 24 of 67
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,907member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Show us your dated findings please.

Well of course there's no recent data...the previous school year just ended...DUHHHHH!!!!! The information I posted from the last school year.
  • Reply 25 of 67
    Quote:

Apple is number #1 in laptop sales sold to individuals in higher education but this is something else entirely. If he simply says sales- that could be private sector.

How so? Education sales are education sales.....
  • Reply 26 of 67
    Quote:

Well of course there's no recent data...the previous school year just ended...DUHHHHH!!!!!

NO!!! YOU'RE KIDDING!!!

So when exactly are you reading your numbers from - 2001? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Stop wasting our time.
  • Reply 27 of 67
    Quote:

How so? Education sales are education sales.....

So you made it up then, if you don't know that elementary answer?
  • Reply 28 of 67
    Quote:

NO!!! YOU'RE KIDDING!!!

So when exactly are you reading your numbers from - 2001? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Stop wasting our time.

No...those are from 2008. Read what I posted. No I know why people hate arguing with you. You can't take the time to read and understand what people tell you. All you want to do is argue.... Far as I'm concerned were done!

If you want to go find an article that proves me wrong..be my guest. Of course...why would anyone want to do that. Arguing and insulting is so much easier!
  • Reply 29 of 67
    hittrj01hittrj01 Posts: 753member
    Quote:

So you made it up then, if you don't know that elementary answer?

Exactly. Like you said, "individuals in higher education". That means college students buying computers for themselves. That has nothing to do with high school, middle school, or elementary schools, which is what macxpress doesn't get. And I tend to agree with you about Dell. No, I have no proof, and it is just speculation, but being in a sales position and talking to teachers, primary and secondary schools are leaning more towards the PC's because of initial cost, while these same teachers are buying Macs for their homes. Again, just speculation, but that is my personal experience.
  • Reply 30 of 67
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    This is no surprise with the world recession. We can expect much the same for the rest of 2009 and maybe through 2010. The economic disaster is being dampened by our government's bailouts and policy changes but the carnage continues on.

Apple's Snow Leopard Server edition will have many new features that will entice small businesses and maybe that will boost the business sector for Apple. Here's hoping.
  • Reply 31 of 67
    Quote:

No...those are from 2008. Read what I posted. No I know why people hate arguing with you. You can't take the time to read and understand what people tell you. All you want to do is argue.... Far as I'm concerned were done!

If you want to go find an article that proves me wrong..be my guest. Of course...why would anyone want to do that. Arguing and insulting is so much easier!

Now that's rational.

You mentioned 2008? The article was from 2008? Or the school year was? I thought you said:
    Quote:

the previous school year just ended...DUHHHHH!!!!!

You go back and change your posts now with links added and say I didn't read them? Very slick.
  • Reply 32 of 67
    Quote:

Exactly. Like you said, "individuals in higher education". That means college students buying computers for themselves. That has nothing to do with high school, middle school, or elementary schools, which is what macxpress doesn't get. And I tend to agree with you about Dell. No, I have no proof, and it is just speculation, but being in a sales position and talking to teachers, primary and secondary schools are leaning more towards the PC's because of initial cost, while these same teachers are buying Macs for their homes. Again, just speculation, but that is my personal experience.

And you think Dell is #1? Link please? Don't post things without proof!
  • Reply 33 of 67
    Quote:

Macpress just want to have an obnoxious argument going. I'm not taking his bait anymore.

The article is discussing sales at school sytems- K-12. These aren't the $$s that kids are spending but the school's themselves- how obvious could that be?
  • Reply 34 of 67
    Quote:

Macpress just want to have an obnoxious argument going. I'm not taking his bait anymore.

The article is discussing sales at school sytems- K-12. These aren't the $$s that kids are spending but the school's themselves- how obvious could that be?

Nothing could ever be more obnoxious than you on this forum!

I don't think there's anyone on this forum who would disagree......
  • Reply 35 of 67
    Quote:

Nothing could ever be more obnoxious than you on this forum!

I don't think there's anyone on this forum who would disagree......

At least I don't make up facts, distort facts, not provide links, and act like a baby like you have all morning.
  • Reply 36 of 67
    Quote:

At least I don't make up facts, distort facts, not provide links, and act like a baby like you have all morning.

You do it all the time...you just don't realize it....

In fact...well you just did it!
  • Reply 37 of 67
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:

You do it all the time...you just don't realize it....

In fact...well you just did it!

Every forum has to have a Cartman...
  • Reply 38 of 67
    The problem is that in education you have a certain budget. Here in New York I can get a 1 proccessor 4 core Xeon workstation (yes workstation) with a quadro video card for $1000 through state contract. The equivalent apple would be $2499 or above.

In todays economy with tax payers hounding us to be better with tax payers money of course education sales would go down .

PS I work for a library.
  • Reply 39 of 67
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member
    Apple should license Mac OS X on any PC out there to boost market share to 90% worldwide!!!

Or at least and to start with on the mode range that Apple does not make, like the UMPC, NetBooks, Tablets, etc.
  • Reply 40 of 67
    I'm starting to like Tim Cook a lot. He seems more pragmatic and realistic than Steve Jobs. There's a lot less spin and hype in his assessments and statements about Apple's business. This will help Apple stay more competitive, and hopefully reduce the penchant for unnecessary secrecy.