Briefly: Apple shoots secret commercial, hit with patent suit

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by c4rlob View Post

Justin Long (I'm a Mac), and John Hodgman (I'm a PC) weren't on set, then it's fair to say that it wasn't a Mac ad.

or they are changing up their Mac ads for freshness and also due to the fact that the contracts with Long and Hodgman have lapsed and a second contract would cost a small fortune.

it is possible it's an ad for Snow Leopard as equally as it MUST be an id for the alleged tablet.

or perhaps they are doing a counter to the Laptop Ads.

"This is Bud. He told us he's looking for"

"A laptop with a good battery, clear graphics, easy to learn software that I can use to keep up with my business and create a website to tell the world to come visit."

"We told him, try a Mac."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I would not be surprised if even the nano gets WiFi, though I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

doubtful. the nano will end up being the only 'plain' ipod left. particularly when memory increases and they drop the 'still has a standard hard drive' classic

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGroucho View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chuckmoser View Post

crass, childish and lame. makes the two of you like like homophobes and Microsoft haters. doubt that was your intent

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

the financial burden of filing a suit in CA would be oppressive to you and make it practically impossible for you to seek relief for the infringement.

well if you had read what I wrote I said in a district that one of the parties was in. as in (to use your example), California or Maine. wouldn't be that much of a burden for a big bad company like Apple to fly to Maine to defend themselves.

Quote:

What they really need to do is find a way to tighten patent law and patent guidelines so that patent trolls can't make money off ridiculously vague patents that they have no intention of licensing or putting to use other than to look around for companies with deep pockets to sue.

Actually the courts are starting to do this on their own. they are overturning patents in some cases because it's been years since it was filed and nothing was done with it other than perhaps suing folks or the patent is on an idea not a method to implement.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

Apple could have easily borrowed the restaurant's wired Internet connectivity and set up a temporary WAP.

they could not be online. after all, the footage in their ads is likely all simulated anyway

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Knowing MS, they pobably contracted a marketing firm to come up with this abomination of a logo...and the firm probably uses Macs!

well the company that did the Laptop Ads is a very well known MacHouse.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

crass, childish and lame. makes the two of you like like homophobes and Microsoft haters. doubt that was your intent

Thanks for bringing that up, I forgot to go back and take care of it. I wiped those posts and gave infractions.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macadam212 View Post

They should have just asked if they could use the Windows Bootcamp logo that Apple designed

Much Nicer!

hmm just wait on that, they might rip apple off once again and use it for their retail stores...