Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>I have to second that condemnation of the Top Gun "thang."

You have to admit, these are not good lines:

"Your Ego's writing checks your body can't cash."

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

Or perhaps they are simply so shamelessly abused to this day that I despise them despite their initial cleverness.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That is exactly it, IMHO. These lines were clever at the time. They are quite good, actually. I just don't see why anyone would bash this movie. The acting is fine, the pace of the film is fine, the photography and aerial scenes are great. The music is classic eighties. What is the problem?
  • Reply 22 of 26
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    It ain't like you directed it, SDW...calm down.

It's a cheeseball movie, full of cliches, hammy acting and weak setups. Not to mention, manipulative and calculating.

I did "get over it"...about 14 years ago.

By the way, I've heard "Top Gun" panned TONS of times...for all the reasons I listed above.

• Reply 23 of 26
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    [quote]"Gimme some sugar baby."<hr></blockquote>

How could I not mention that one.. I bet I say that to my wife every 3 days.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    these are classic

how about

"he'll be unstopabble...unless we stop him"

-john carpenters vampires

and "shop smart shop S-mart" is pimp

I don't know what the hell your on

"American movie" is one big bad line but then again its a documentary of a loser trying to make a film, its damn funny though
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Anything from "Mortal Kombat". Eugh, I watched that movie the other night (cable modem was out...) and holy crap. Next to that Air Force One seemed like a great movie.

It was a very long, boring day...
  • Reply 26 of 26

WOW WHAT AN IDIOT WITH BAD TASTE... THE ONE WAS GREAT MOVIE AND THAT LINE WAS THE SINGLE BEST LINE IN THE MOVIE JUST HAD TO PUT THAT OUT THERE VERY BAD CALL THERE TISK TISK