Apple annual music event to be held Sept. 9 - report

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

I am not a spec sheet Nazi so having the quality possible isn't an issue for me. Blu-ray is much better quality but it's inconvenient and iTunes movies are god enough for me. Hey, I watch Hulu videos, too. Oh noes!!

Do you have a VHS collection as well?
  • Reply 62 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You aren't really getting the idea of the convenience of digital media and missed the part where I hardly use my DVD player.
  • Reply 63 of 68
    jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Quote:

I listened to one of my cassette tapes on the way to work today: "80's New Wave Hits"
  • Reply 64 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

You aren't really getting the idea of the convenience of digital media and missed the part where I hardly use my DVD player.

Oh I forgot CDs still account for 65% of sales in mid 2009. Dvd aren't dead and Blu-ray keeps climbing. So much for poor quality digital convenience.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I listened to one of my cassette tapes on the way to work today: "80's New Wave Hits"

Oohh-classic!
  • Reply 66 of 68
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:

Hey YOU try finding this on DVD

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093828/

*disclaimer I haven't actually tried but a few years ago i had to get it on vhs from blockbuster and erm just keep it* \

Hmm EDIT: Just found it on amazon and bought it, thanks for bringing up the VHS comment =D LOL
  • Reply 67 of 68
    I think Apple TV is great - I live in Hong Kong and the TV isn't great. The ability to order great movies and TV series from my Apple TV is a godsend! I am a fan!

I think there is definitely a Beatles connection to the date 9/9/9

1 : Beatles Rockband released.

2: The whole re-mastered back catalogue is being released.

Beatles on iTunes - Yeah!

Does this mean that all the celebrity playlists are going to be revisited and rightly include the Beatles tracks that have been omitted.
  • Reply 68 of 68
    arthurbaarthurba Posts: 154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by British Expat View Post

I think there is definitely a Beatles connection to the date 9/9/9.

According to this article in today's (Aug 24, 2009) Sydney Morning Herald, EMI are re-releasing all the EMI Beatles recordings on Sep 9 and the CDs will include some quicktime movies:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertain...e#contentSwap1

"EMI has also produced a series of mini-documentaries on the making of each album, embedding the CDs with QuickTime files."

Now it occurs to me that is the same date as is rumored for the Apple envent, which seems a little too co-incidental. Remastered Beatles albums available on iTunes finally? Possibly in some 'new' format where the albums contain additional content?