What do you wear?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    local mac afficianado and tangerine fiend Paul Scates, seen here in stock footage, went on a mad shooting rampage in the AppleOutsider section of town yesterday.

Nobody knows what set off Mr. Scates, best known for his stunning Adobe Illustrator mockups, but the generally charming, lovable kind of guy just snapped. Witnesses say that it may have been someone insulting Ms. Fairuza Balk, Scates's primary love interest.

Film at 11.
  • Reply 22 of 66
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    Target's way too upscale... I'm a Walmart guy. ;-)

My normal attire is khaki pants or shorts and a black short-sleeved t-shirt that more likely than not has a smartass and/or sarcastic and/or cynical saying on it. I also have one pair of dark gray cargo pants that I sometimes wear with a white or grey t-shirt. Three year old Nikes on the bottom. No hats. My principle is that if I can't get dressed with my eyes closed it's too complicated. Incidentally, the only belt I own is reversible black/brown so it goes with everything.

And since this will inevitably be asked by someone: boxers.
  • Reply 23 of 66
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>local mac afficianado and tangerine fiend Paul Scates, seen here in stock footage, went on a mad shooting rampage in the AppleOutsider section of town yesterday.

Nobody knows what set off Mr. Scates, best known for his stunning Adobe Illustrator mockups, but the generally charming, lovable kind of guy just snapped. Witnesses say that it may have been someone insulting Ms. Fairuza Balk, Scates's primary love interest.

Film at 11.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okay, I guess I was a bit too harsh, huh?

Sorry...won't happen again. I've been in quite the mood this weekend, it seems.

Must be the holidays. I tend to get a tad touchy and moody every December and it doesn't take much sometimes.
  • Reply 24 of 66
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>

Okay, I guess I was a bit too harsh, huh?

Sorry...won't happen again. I've been in quite the mood this weekend, it seems.

Must be the holidays. I tend to get a tad touchy and moody every December and it doesn't take much sometimes.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, I completely understand where you are coming from on your insane rant. If someone made fun of where I shopped because it was "cheap" or whatever I would be pissed as hell!
  • Reply 25 of 66
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    [Edit: DELETE POST: Ah, forget it...too much detail and desperation... ]

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 26 of 66
    katekate Posts: 172member
    ..wearing :

today: beige coat, black suit, black jumper, warm boots, dark brown lipstick.

( I was visiting a customer, you know, you'll never get a second chance to make a first impression....)

yesterday:

oversized jumper, half faded jeans, thick cotton tights and a ponytail. ( my lazy sleeves sunday dress)

mixed strategy wardrobe....
  • Reply 27 of 66
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    Wow, too much pop culture garbage worn in here ...

gap? structure? american eagle?

erg ish.

What do I wear?

Most of the time a nice button down shirt sometimes a dressy flannel sometimes white with french cuffs pending on occasion, and slacks or khakis. And generally when its cool or cold out a long black single breasted wool overcoat. But you know what? I don't even know the brand names and I bought em. They look nice and feel good, that covers it for me.
  • Reply 28 of 66
    *dons flameproof suit*

Abercrombie and Fitch makes up a large collection of my t-shirts. I also have a few Gap shirts and stuff. The only pants I wear are khakis (from Filene's, Marshalls, Gap, wherever), then I'll put on a tshirt and vest no matter how cold it is.

Why do people hate A & F so much? They make good stuff...I really like my vest a lot. I know many people think it's too expensive, but I got my stuff mostly on a sale and wound up paying normal prices. Yeah, they're a brand name, but one could argue Apple is too. Apple emphasizes style and their brand name, and not too much on value or functionality, just like all of you pop-culture haters like to accuse A & F, American Eagle, Aéropostale, Gap, etc. of.

*ducks under desk*
  • Reply 29 of 66
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Lets see.

I go to a private school so we have dress code. That said, school clothes are khaki pants and some kind of shirt with a collar (button down or polo shirt.)

Outside of school its a mixed bag of everything. I have Gap, American Eagle, A & F, Nike, and anything (brand name or not) I can get cheap from Filenes Basement that doesn't look like my dad would wear. I really don?t wear jeans, just khaki or cargo pants. On top I usually where a t-shirt (summer/spring) or some kind of sweatshirt/sweater/long sleeve t-shirt (fall/winter). Also, my friends decided a while ago that I'm not allowed to wear a hat cause I makes me look like an old man, or some reason.

I have no scene of style at all, but girls seem to like it
  • Reply 30 of 66
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I try to avoid clothes with huge logos (nike, hilfiger, etc). Mostly stuff i can find on the cheap at marshalls and warehouse stores. Jeans, cargo pants (i like the pockets), t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts, sneakers, and sweaters in the winter.
  • Reply 31 of 66
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    I wear a fedora on occasion, I like "old man hats."
  • Reply 32 of 66
    Haha, sucks to have a dress code!

Abercrombie......lmao.........oh boy! My gf shops there too. Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in that store.

I'm all thugged out.
  • Reply 33 of 66
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member

I can't tell you how much you sound like John Dvorak.
  • Reply 34 of 66
    Right now: poorly-made brown sweater by Mark's Work Wearhouse, Fruit Of The Loom white t-shirt underneath, Gap pants that I didn't buy.
  • Reply 35 of 66
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>

Abercrombie......lmao.........oh boy! My gf shops there too. Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in that store.

.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What's so bad about it that you wouldn't be caught dead in it?
  • Reply 36 of 66
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Because EmAn, A & F is for preppies.
  • Reply 37 of 66
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Mac OS X tee "Coming Soon to a Mac Near You"

Mac OS X tee "The Power of Ten"

Mac OS X tee "Coming March 24, 2001"

Power Mac G4 Cube tee

PowerBook G4 tee

Graphite iMac "Rebirth of Cool" tee

Assorted iMacs tee

iMac "Yum" tee

2 x Apple ADC tee

nVidia "does your Mac have n-Power?" tee

Shop Different Palo Alto tee

AMD Duron polo

Apple Think different polo

Handspring tee

Google tee

BBEdit tee

+ a dozen tees from now defunct start-ups

Some Gap, some Jhane Barnes, some Bergdorf Goodman jackets, some Kenneth Cole, and other stuff.
  • Reply 38 of 66
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Oh, shoes, hmm...

mostly Ecco or Clarks of England for formal stuff.

For sports, I only wear Asics, Adidas or Wilson.
  • Reply 39 of 66
    I usuly were my trusty edie bower jeans and a plad button up t-shit.

I am not into those stupid A+F gear. I do not get it. Why would you pay more for some one to spill dye on your pants, sand blast them and then rip them. Or For some one to frey the bill of you hat to make it look like you and your hat have been throgh everything to gether when you just boght it yesterday.

I would rather just get a new hat and pair of pants and were them out my self, and save money.
  • Reply 40 of 66
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>Because EmAn, A & F is for preppies. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't consider myself a "preppy" and a lot of my friends aren't and we still wear A & F.