Apple's next mouse may not carry 'Mighty' moniker

Comments

• Reply 21 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

That's really all you have. The hockey puck got ripped by everyone including die hard Apple Fan Boys.

Maybe Apple can outsource the mouse to Microsoft. We've had a two button optical (meaning no dumb ball for the sheep) mouse for as long as we've had MMS.

Happy Holidays with the notebook parts in the next line of iWannaBeAMac Line up.

We have i7 in both all in one desktops and notebooks. Hell Dell even put out a thinner notebook than Apple's Air.

On the Phone Holiday Hot List. Google has every manufacturer putting out Android phones with Full Flash.

As a developer...

Would you want to develop for 1 Phone or 80 phones? Where do you get the most advantage?

Apple has 85K of crap software & games for the iPhone with no refund policy.

Google has a 24 hour refund policy which means less crap apps and more innovation from big developers that don’t have to switch platforms to become a developer.

And if Google doesn’t approve the App (which is unlikely) you can still put it out on the Internet and sell it on your own (as all the Jail Broke iPhone Apps have been doing from the start).

It's the 90's all over again. Apple will lose Market Share and say they have a better “User Experience”.

In 5 years with no Apps that will give you the Mac that you have today in your phone and media player.

Flashforward...

I'm an iPhone & I'm an Android. Pretty much says it all.
  • Reply 22 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

Would you want to develop for 1 Phone or 80 phones? Where do you get the most advantage?

80 phones with different screen size, different type of input, different kind of hardware. Yeah, it's like selling the same tire for 80 different models of car. Very clever idea!
  • Reply 23 of 85
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    My bet:

iMouse Extreme: Revenge of the Puck

Or iMERotP for short.
  • Reply 24 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macmondo View Post

80 phones with different screen size, different type of input, different kind of hardware. Yeah, it's like selling the same tire for 80 different models of car. Very clever idea!

Unlike Apple...

Google has already put out their new OS "Donut" which takes care of screen res & size issues. It also takes care of resolution. Donut also has both CDMA & GSM to choose from.

Based on the phone Google is partnering with they will allow the manufacturer (not Google) to take advantage of as much as Google Android has to offer & market it as they like (sound like Microsoft?). No hardware just software.

And the best part is the pastry bar has just opened. Eclair is already in the oven and waiting for vendors to sell it.
  • Reply 25 of 85
    It's probably going to be all aluminum and be called: Apple Pro Mouse

Did they rename the aluminum keyboards? No, they're still Apple Pro Keyboards right?
  • Reply 26 of 85
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thespaz View Post

It's probably going to be all aluminum and be called: Apple Pro Mouse

Did they rename the aluminum keyboards? No, they're still Apple Pro Keyboards right?

YOu must be joking- right? It's too late at night to read something like this. An Apple Pro Mouse?

That's hysterical.
  • Reply 27 of 85
    Steve sez it will be henceforth known as......... "TouchyMouse".
  • Reply 28 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

YOu must be joking- right? It's too late at night to read something like this. An Apple Pro Mouse?

That's hysterical.

That's why it's going to cost $1,000. It's made with notebook parts.
  • Reply 29 of 85
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    Name the next one "TrackPoint".
  • Reply 30 of 85
    notrsnotrs Posts: 46member
    Quote:

That's hysterical.

They already did the "Apple Pro Mouse"

• Reply 31 of 85
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Is this the beginning of the big Holiday Season?

And you guys bitch about Microsoft not innovating.

Apple hasn't made a descent mouse in their entire history of hardware.

The Holiday shopping is going to be Great for the Sheep.

Let me guess...

Apple made a mouse that doesn't cost $1,000.

What a sour person you are - how's that ulcer doing? And what's a descent mouse? A little pet to lead us down to the depths where you reside?

I like the Mighty Mouse - it's a bit of an annoyance to have to clean it every once in a while, but it fits my hand perfectly, so I don't have to twist my wrist and tense up my arm. Good ergonomics for me.
  • Reply 32 of 85
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:

HAHA- That's a classic case of mis-nomenclature.

It was actually more like a MealyMouse.

I'm using my half operative one right now.

but you're still using it!

i love the mighty mouse when it works, but it's never for long....
  • Reply 33 of 85
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    They should stick with Apple Mouse, that's what I usually call it.
  • Reply 34 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

What a sour person you are - how's that ulcer doing? And what's a descent mouse? A little pet to lead us down to the depths where you reside?

I like the Mighty Mouse - it's a bit of an annoyance to have to clean it every once in a while, but it fits my hand perfectly, so I don't have to twist my wrist and tense up my arm. Good ergonomics for me.

Just trying to open some eyes to "Think Different".

After all, it's not 1984 is it?

No ulcer on my part. Just had the yearly physical. Unlike the typical Apple user, I don't lay awake in bed and think of things to piss MS people off (or whoever it is today that an Apple user is supposed to hate).

That is why my screen name is "NonVendorFan". I love all Technology. Apple just seems to be lagging these days and chasing the Apple Puck (pun intended).
  • Reply 35 of 85
    it will be the MeekMouse, a true giant killer

• Reply 36 of 85
    Multimouse
  • Reply 37 of 85
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Just trying to open some eyes to "Think Different".

After all, it's not 1984 is it?

No ulcer on my part. Just had the yearly physical. Unlike the typical Apple user, I don't lay awake in bed and think of things to piss MS people off (or whoever it is today that an Apple user is supposed to hate).

That is why my screen name is "NonVendorFan". I love all Technology. Apple just seems to be lagging these days and chasing the Apple Puck (pun intended).

You spend your time on an Apple enthusiast's site bitterly denouncing Apple and Apple users.

But you imagine the typical Apple user lies awake at night thinking of things to piss people off.

Dude, you're seriously fucked up.
  • Reply 38 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

You spend your time on an Apple enthusiast's site bitterly denouncing Apple and Apple users.

But you imagine the typical Apple user lies awake at night thinking of things to piss people off.

Dude, you're seriously fucked up.

What's f'd up is you believe the shit without even questioning it on this board.

Welcome to 1984.

I'm in 2009 where I choose what I put on my PHONE, MEDIA PLAYER AND COMPUTER.

Edit.

Most of the readers in this forum don't even remember 1984. I do, I was a Mac user back then. Now look at the video and really "Think" about it. Is that Microsoft or Apple's closed loop in the commercial?

Link to original 1984 commercial. the Hate seems to be more with the Apple folks these days but take a look.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2862672743260#

Apple was supposed to be different. Long time ago though. Now it's just about the money to the bottom line.
  • Reply 39 of 85
    tsatsa Posts: 129member
    Quote:

What's f'd up is you believe the shit without even questioning it on this board.

Welcome to 1984.

Edit.

Most of the readers in this forum don't even remember 1984. I do, I was a Mac user back then. Now look at the video and really "Think" about it. Is that Microsoft or Apple's closed loop in the commercial?

Link to original 1984 commercial. the Hate seems to be more with the Apple folks these days but take a look.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2862672743260#

Apple was supposed to be different. Long time ago though. Now it's just about the money to the bottom line.

Why are you here if you hate Apple so much? You sound a bit like those muslim extremists who hate everything Western but eagerly use our cars, mobile phones and social services.
  • Reply 40 of 85
    Quote:

Welcome to 1984.

No, I think there is a lot of healthy discussion and lot of people will give constructive honest feedback about Apple, if Apple are not being positive or behaving in a manner that is not to their liking.

I think issue with you is that we know you don't like Apple (your decision) and have almost taken this as personal crusader to try and show us all that Apple is no good. That is your believe and I don't want to change you. But at least be fair and objective in your ranting with some factual evidence or supported links or least try.

To be frank you as bad as your opposite so called Apple 'Fanboy', since nothing is as black or white in this world.

I am not a techy or IT expert, but I enjoy Apple products and overall believe in Apple's business model, but if I see Apple are screwing up, I will say something very quickly.

I visit this site because I learn a lot about Apple and other very interesting concepts, ideas, read interesting viewpoints (majority of the time) and get a history lesson on Apple and IT development over the years.

My point is if you do not like Apple fair enough, but at least be civil in putting across your opinions. Youa re not only person to use foul lanaguage and name calling, so I really write this to entire community to have healthy discussion and not get into kindergarden name calling match.

I am shareholder of Apple, proud of company, since it has successful turn itself around from when a gut feeling told me to buy their shares in 1999, when I was told MS was the way to go. (probably written about this 4-5 times on forum sorry).

I hope MS does bring its 'A' game, since Apple will up their innovation to compete and secondly it all good for the consumers including me.

Lastly I looked at Zune HD and it good competition to iPod Touch, unfortunately it maybe to late to provide good competition due to less than stellar inital effort by MS.