App Store additions: Photoshop.com released, Rock Band soon

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
iPhone users looking to edit photos on the go can do so with Adobe's new, free Photoshop.com Mobile application; and the popular Rock Band franchise is set to hit this month.



Adobe unveils Photoshop.com Mobile



The new Photoshop.com Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch allows users to edit photos, apply effects and share images instantly. The application also offers connectivity with Photoshop.com, an Adobe service that offers 2GB of free online photo storage.



"As the digital imaging leader, Adobe is excited to bring Photoshop.com Mobile to iPhone users," said Doug Mack, vice president and general manager of Consumer and Hosted Solutions at Adobe. "Now, with access to powerful editing and sharing tools, iPhone users are armed with the resources to document all of life’s unexpected moments, make them look their best and then re-live those memories with friends and family."



Adobe said users can make quick edits to photos with a series of finger gestures. And any changes can be quickly undone, allowing users to experiment and see what works without ruining the original photo.



Features highlighted by Adobe include:



Crop, rotate, change color with just a touch.



Give an extra glow with Soft Focus.



Get artsy with Sketch.



Apply one-touch effects like Warm Vintage and Vignette.





The 3.9MB application is available via iTunes in the U.S. and Canada only.







EA Mobile's Rock Band to hit this month



The popular Rock Band franchise will make its way to the iPhone and iPod touch in October, EA Mobile has announced. The rhythm game will allow gamers to play along with guitar, bass, drums or vocals to MP3-quality songs at three difficulty levels.



The game will offer solo play, or simultaneous multiplayer, including via Bluetooth. It will feature 20 songs, and also offer an in-game music store to purchase more tracks. No price has been made available.







Other features, according to EA, include:



Jump into Quickplay for casual sessions or take it on the road in Tour Mode.



Play along with 20 legendary songs from great bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, The Beastie Boys, and more!



Start out playing in grungy dives and work all the way up to stadium-rock stardom.



Collect rewards and achievements that provide replay value and depth to even the most experienced Rock Band veterans.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 25
    i wonder how much the rock band will cost
  • Reply 2 of 25
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 443member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    iPhone users looking to edit photos on the go can do so with Adobe's new, free Photoshop.com Mobile application



    The new Photoshop.com Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch allows users to edit photos, apply effects and share images instantly. The application also offers connectivity with Photoshop.com, an Adobe service that offers 2GB of free online photo storage.



    As the kids would say "WOOT"

    DL right now





    Damn, you can take the photos right in the app - thats cool



    Finally something for free from Adobe - there has to be a catch...
  • Reply 3 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post


    As the kids would say "WOOT"

    Finally something for free from Adobe - there has to be a catch...



    I offer the following:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    The 3.9MB application is available via iTunes in the U.S. and Canada only.



  • Reply 4 of 25
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    Typical, US and Canada ONLY, WHY?
  • Reply 5 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by parky View Post


    Typical, US and Canada ONLY, WHY?



    Land of the free. In AU, it will be the land of the dollar or so.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,270member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post


    As the kids would say "WOOT"

    DL right now





    Damn, you can take the photos right in the app - thats cool



    Finally something for free from Adobe - there has to be a catch...



    Very nice app. The ability to crop sold me.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,738member
    Whaaat?



    Very sweet. Now I've seen everything.



    Gmail Push, now Photoshop.



    The competition (I'm looking at YOU, RIM) better up its game, and soon.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:

    EA Mobile's Rock Band to hit this month



    The popular Rock Band franchise will make its way to the iPhone and iPod touch in October, EA Mobile has announced. The rhythm game will allow gamers to play along with guitar, bass, drums or vocals to MP3-quality songs at three difficulty levels.



    The game will offer solo play, or simultaneous multiplayer, including via Bluetooth. It will feature 20 songs, and also offer an in-game music store to purchase more tracks. No price has been made available.







    Other features, according to EA, include:



    Jump into Quickplay for casual sessions or take it on the road in Tour Mode.



    Play along with 20 legendary songs from great bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, The Beastie Boys, and more!



    Start out playing in grungy dives and work all the way up to stadium-rock stardom.



    Collect rewards and achievements that provide replay value and depth to even the most experienced Rock Band veterans.]



    so i can't use my existing music and whatever i buy for this game won't be playable via the ipod app?
  • Reply 9 of 25
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,270member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post








    The competition (I'm looking at YOU, RIM, better up its game, and soon.)



    RIM has an awesome calculator app. And you can buy an optional brick for $50 to sync your Pre on.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 443member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post


    ... And you can buy an optional brick for $50 to sync your Pre on.





    I have a few used (like new) bricks I would sell for $19.95

  • Reply 11 of 25
    lloekilloeki Posts: 18member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post


    Finally something for free from Adobe - there has to be a catch...



    I bet it's a grand showcase of their irrelevant Flash for iPhone platform thing. Screenshots looks so much like the app doesn't belong to the iPhone.
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post


    Very nice app. The ability to crop sold me.



    Crop.....& Rotate sold me.....time to try it out.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Adobe rocks my iPhone- love this!
  • Reply 14 of 25
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lloeki View Post


    I bet it's a grand showcase of their irrelevant Flash for iPhone platform thing. Screenshots looks so much like the app doesn't belong to the iPhone.



    More like Apple's irreverant regards for Flash.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 443member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Adobe rocks my iPhone- love this!





    Damn Stud, I haven't seen you this excited about anything in a while!!
  • Reply 16 of 25
    lvidallvidal Posts: 158member
    I an't understand why people are starting to limit the Internet. The beauty a success of the Internet is that anybody in anywhere can have access to all in it. That's a fundamental piece!!! Why US & Canada only??? why some sites are US only??? why some YouTube videos are US only???? that's really dissapointinggg
  • Reply 17 of 25
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,738member
    Good lord, is this app ever easy to use. And it's FREE.



    I'm beyond imporessed.



    Granted, I can do a bit more with Photoforge, but for what this is it's great.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    Shame its only in the US and Canada, looks like it could actually be an app there's a point to unlike almost everything else on the App Store.



    Todays top 10 includes:

    - The Idiot Test

    - Snake and Ladder (I'm assuming by the title there's only one snake and ladder in the game)

    - Alarm Clock

    - Torch



    And yet more stuff thats completely pointless or just a miniature website turned into an app.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    29922992 Posts: 202member
    "The 3.9MB application is available via iTunes in the U.S. and Canada only."?!?!?!

    I hate when things are NOT released for the whole world. NA only?! WTF is wrong with them?!

    Hey, Adobe, thanks for keeping the rest of the world away, you discriminating MFKR! Shame on YOU!



    People, use GIMP and muck the b@stands from Adobe!



    Adobe, I hope EU will find somethings to fine you one day as they did with Microsoft, and if so, I wish to be a very high fine, as you fully deserve it!
  • Reply 20 of 25
    29922992 Posts: 202member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lvidal View Post


    I an't understand why people are starting to limit the Internet. The beauty a success of the Internet is that anybody in anywhere can have access to all in it. That's a fundamental piece!!! Why US & Canada only??? why some sites are US only??? why some YouTube videos are US only???? that's really dissapointinggg



    Can they by sued for doing that? I hope somebody will.
Sign In or Register to comment.