Apple endorses Wi-Fi Direct for networking without hotspots

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    -ag--ag- Posts: 123member
    For those bitching about the WiFi issues on the 3G after the 3.0 update. It may pay you to call Apple and tell them you have said issues.

It turns out that there are "issues" with the update on the early 3G models where the WiFi chip is actually over volted and resulting in the chip burning out over time.

This has not been something that has been widely advertised by Apple as you can imagine that there would be an influx of people wanting a new phone etc.

The 3.1 update and rolling back to 2.2.1 do not fix this issue either as the damage has already been done.

I had the said issue with my 3G, tested it on multiple WiFi networks, tried restore and resets. set up as new phone etc etc. Then called (do not go into the store as they will just replace with a refurbished model and there is no guarantee that it will not have the issue again) Apple and told them. They got me to send it back and 4 days later i had a new 3G iphone (note they will NOT upgrade you to a 3GS as they have specifically made/packaged 3G models for just this reason.

Techstud - maybe you should do some checking on the official apple forums for said issues as thats where i found out about it and get your faulty phone replaced. Instead of bitching non stop on here.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -AG- View Post

Techstud - maybe you should do some checking on the official apple forums for said issues as thats where i found out about it and get your faulty phone replaced. Instead of bitching non stop on here.

Talk to Ireland.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AznZOFIA111 View Post

FYI, click the user's name on whichever thread you are viewing.

<user name> => view public profile => user lists => Add to Ignore List

That's too many clicks, perhaps AI should add an 'Ignore' button right next to the reply button on each post

This does no good when I get to see his posts quoted by the dozen or so folks that berate him for being the negative ninny he is.

He craves attention and he gets an amazing amount here. I guess negative "rapport" is as good as any for some folks.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

No thanks, some people have already tried that twice and still get the issue. As I say it's not a hardware issue, it's a software one. Apple are going to have to find the issue too, or the iPhone rep. will take a hit.

Or it's a software issue that caused a hardware issue. You can, of course, ignore that and simply live with a messed up wifi chip even though Apple is willing to send you a new phone.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:

No thanks, some people have already tried that twice and still get the issue. As I say it's not a hardware issue, it's a software one. Apple are going to have to find the issue too, or the iPhone rep. will take a hit.

Well if that is the case, then return the device to Apple for a full refund, and like I said, buy a device that works (ie non Apple)
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:

Or any WiFi whatsoever.

Hey Gazoobee I'd say that Ireland has is rapport with TS. They have a common interest that they both want Apple to Fix (including me, my WiFi is still hit and miss). You tend to just blow Apple and crucify anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion or has anything negative to say about Apple.

lkrupp, you are just an arrogant SOB. No further words needed.

As far as the new Standard goes, I think it shows an amazing advancement that if implemented properly (Apple) it will replace BlueTooth faster than any other Standard has.

If Apple can't get WiFi right I don't see why they should be considered to be on this new team.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -AG- View Post

For those bitching about the WiFi issues on the 3G after the 3.0 update. It may pay you to call Apple and tell them you have said issues.

It turns out that there are "issues" with the update on the early 3G models where the WiFi chip is actually over volted and resulting in the chip burning out over time.

This has not been something that has been widely advertised by Apple as you can imagine that there would be an influx of people wanting a new phone etc.

The 3.1 update and rolling back to 2.2.1 do not fix this issue either as the damage has already been done.

I had the said issue with my 3G, tested it on multiple WiFi networks, tried restore and resets. set up as new phone etc etc. Then called (do not go into the store as they will just replace with a refurbished model and there is no guarantee that it will not have the issue again) Apple and told them. They got me to send it back and 4 days later i had a new 3G iphone (note they will NOT upgrade you to a 3GS as they have specifically made/packaged 3G models for just this reason.

Problem with your posting.

The area I live in didn't get 3G until 6 months after the release of the 3G iPhone.

Second problem with your 1 posting. I didn't have the WiFi problem until 3.0 came along.

So in both cases I don't fit either of your speculated problems so I will keep "bitching" as you so politely put it to TS until the problem is resolved. I would guess Ireland is in the same mindset but I can't speak for either of them.

I can speak for myself. Your 1 post answer that solves all the problems for everyone having the problem is so full of holes I don't even know where to begin slamming you. Wait... I just did.

I've learned on this board that if you end your slam with a smiley face it makes everything all right.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

Problem with your posting.

The area I live in didn't get 3G until 6 months after the release of the 3G iPhone.

Second problem with your 1 posting. I didn't have the WiFi problem until 3.0 came along.

So in both cases I don't fit either of your speculated problems so I will keep "bitching" as you so politely put it to TS until the problem is resolved. I would guess Ireland is in the same mindset but I can't speak for either of them.

I can speak for myself. Your 1 post answer that solves all the problems for everyone having the problem is so full of holes I don't even know where to begin slamming you. Wait... I just did.

I've learned on this board that if you end your slam with a smiley face it makes everything all right.

I know that you don't own a Mac. I believe you don't have an iPhone or neither does Ireland?
  • Reply 49 of 50
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    OK, it's gonna be iPhone version of torrent infrastructure. AFAIR, Shawn Fanning was punished for that.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

I know that you don't own a Mac. I believe you don't have an iPhone or neither does Ireland?

Let me make this crystal clear for you.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!

Got it. Good. Add me to your ignore list. Really, I won't lose any sleep tonight over it.