A look inside Apple's new 27-inch iMac (teardown photos)

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

A 27" media monster with 256 Gb of storage? I think Apple would face a lot criticism for building such a contradictory machine. I realize that with a firewire 800 connection external storage is fast and easy but then that kind of defeats the wireless look Apple is going for. Imho.

Open up Dictionary.app and look up the word: "optional"
  • Reply 82 of 84
    bigger speakers you say? I tried the 27" in the shop and the volume was half as loud as the 24", was very similar to the crap speakers on the 24" LED display. Disappointing.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by indiekiduk View Post

bigger speakers you say? I tried the 27" in the shop and the volume was half as loud as the 24", was very similar to the crap speakers on the 24" LED display. Disappointing.

Interesting. Most if not all of the reviews I've seen go out of their way to praise the sound quality on this machine. Maybe the one you tried had something amiss?
  • Reply 84 of 84
    This is awesome, I had no idea that that glass could be removed so easily. Now if we could get a viable 3rd party alternative to make a matte cover replacement and some confirmed reports of slapping an SSD in there this would truly be a worthwhile investment.