Visionary behind Apple's '1984' advertisement steps down

Comments

• Reply 41 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

"easy. Most apple products are excellent, best in class. Their flaws are often outshone by their benefits to the user. "

It has to be best in its class seeing Apple is a closed arena so no one else competes. Its easy to be best in your class when you are the only player. The flaws lately have been pretty equal to the benefits.

"a well-deserved folllowing that *actively* chooses apple. See my sig. microsoft would kill for such a following. But it's . . . Microsoft."

You are really proud of that signature aren't you. Like that actually means anything. Microsoft does have a following about 90% of the market...LOL.

Your links mean nothing. Unlike you i could care less what businessweek says and unlike you I have a mind of my own and go by real life experience not what some journalist writes. However I do think its rather funny yet pathetic that you save all these links.

he provides you factual data, after you make the comment for unsupported negative claims about Apple.

Who's the one that looks pathetic in people's eyes;

The person who can support his agrument with actual evidence or person who rants about ' conjecture, speculation and uninformed opinion ' (credit to Quadra 610 for that line) of a subject.

Btw it does not take long to undertake a google search 'Apple customer service' and get those links, you should try it sometime, we may actual think, you have some creditability with your opinions.

Do you really think Ballmar is proud of this situation with 90% of the marketshare and his % profit growth has declined over last 2 years and Apple have been showing gang buster profits on majority of new products launched. keep up the *weak* laugh
  • Reply 42 of 75
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
  • Reply 43 of 75
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Damn, someone looks stupid now.

http://gizmodo.com/5394060/apple-ad-...going-anywhere

Seems to have been just a misunderstanding.
  • Reply 44 of 75
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Seems to have been just a misunderstanding.

I think this is more probable

Quote:

?Look at how the blogosphere decided to make it a conversation about me,? he writes in a letter distributed to his staff.

Psst! Big secret here: The blogosphere doesn?t really care about Lee Clow.

It cares about Apple, Apple, Apple. And if it?s an Apple, Apple, Apple story that gives the blogosphere the chance to embed some Apple advertising, too? Then the blogosphere really likes that!

http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/2009...oing-anywhere/
  • Reply 45 of 75
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

I think this is more probable

http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/2009...oing-anywhere/

Well sure. It's par for the course. Even Apple rumors are inflated beyond all proportion. Then again, it's no surprise. The kind of mindshare Apple commands these days and the kind of enthusiasm consumers have for this company is really unheard of elsewhere in the industry. Apple makes news, whatever it does. And in light of what has rolled out of Cupertino over the past 10 years, Apple has certainly earned its position in the spotlight.
  • Reply 46 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

They aren?t the only the palyer. There is Sony, Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Toshiba and all the other PC vendors. Apple made the decision that to push their HW successfully they also had to make their own OS and applications. The others did not, it works well for them in the 1990s, but now they are having trouble with Windows as the only viable option for an OS. These PC makers can choose to make an OS if they wish, but we both know their decision long ago to separate the HW from the SW would make it a fruitless task to attempt such an undertaking at this time.

Apple has a closed OS so that makes them the only player in their arena. PC makers aren't in the business of making operating systems they are in the business of making hardware. Well Sony is actually in a good many ventures.

The hardware vendors you mentioned use Windows because that is smart business why wouldn't you put an OS on your system that 90+% of the world uses.
  • Reply 47 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

he provides you factual data, after you make the comment for unsupported negative claims about Apple.

Who's the one that looks pathetic in people's eyes;

The person who can support his agrument with actual evidence or person who rants about ' conjecture, speculation and uninformed opinion ' (credit to Quadra 610 for that line) of a subject.

Btw it does not take long to undertake a google search 'Apple customer service' and get those links, you should try it sometime, we may actual think, you have some creditability with your opinions.

Do you really think Ballmar is proud of this situation with 90% of the marketshare and his % profit growth has declined over last 2 years and Apple have been showing gang buster profits on majority of new products launched. keep up the *weak* laugh

This thread isn't about Ballmer or MS but for some reason everyone wants to turn every topic on this forum into an Apple vs MS discussion. Which gets kind of old.

You make it sound like there is something wrong with someone having an opinion, there isn't whats silly is being such an extremist in one direction when many of the people have never used the products they bash. So they are clearly the ones with an uninformed opinion. I use Apple computers and so do many of the people I work with so my view is based on some worthless article in newsweek its based on real life experience.
  • Reply 48 of 75
    Quote:

"easy. Most apple products are excellent, best in class. Their flaws are often outshone by their benefits to the user. "

It has to be best in its class seeing Apple is a closed arena so no one else competes. Its easy to be best in your class when you are the only player. The flaws lately have been pretty equal to the benefits.

"a well-deserved folllowing that *actively* chooses apple. See my sig. microsoft would kill for such a following. But it's . . . Microsoft."

You are really proud of that signature aren't you. Like that actually means anything. Microsoft does have a following about 90% of the market...LOL.

Your links mean nothing. Unlike you i could care less what businessweek says and unlike you I have a mind of my own and go by real life experience not what some journalist writes. However I do think its rather funny yet pathetic that you save all these links.

For sure, dude!

I still think you've had way too many wipeouts without the benefit of protective headgear.
  • Reply 49 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

For sure, dude!

I still think you've had way too many wipeouts without the benefit of protective headgear.

Thanks for stopping by and saying nothing.
  • Reply 50 of 75
    Quote:

This thread isn't about Ballmer or MS but for some reason everyone wants to turn every topic on this forum into an Apple vs MS discussion. Which gets kind of old.

You make it sound like there is something wrong with someone having an opinion, there isn't whats silly is being such an extremist in one direction when many of the people have never used the products they bash. So they are clearly the ones with an uninformed opinion. I use Apple computers and so do many of the people I work with so my view is based on some worthless article in newsweek its based on real life experience.

What is wrong, when you base your opinion on speculation and fantasy in your head and can not provide any evidence of the opinion, you are writing in this forum.

Btw: Do you think the people who write the article do not test the computer as well.
  • Reply 51 of 75
    Quote:

You did..read your own reply "90% marketshare" you are the one who looks silly. Do you ever read your earlier replies!!

It was you who started the discussion with MS vs Apple, so you are getting old.
  • Reply 52 of 75
    Quote:

What is wrong, when you base your opinion on speculation and fantasy in your head and can not provide any evidence of the opinion, you are writing in this forum.

Btw: Do you think the people who write the article do not test the computer as well.

WE are talking about computers there isnt any speculation or fantasy involved. Yet again my opinion is based off decades of experience using these products. There are many people on this forum that give opinion and have never even used the products they bash.

Unlike some members that just save and then regurgitate links they have saved on their computer I would much rather give an opinion using my experiences.

I am sure some do test computers but I am also sure some do not. Also my experience tells me that you can make any test look the way you want. which is why any link that you find I can find one to dispute your finding and the reverse is true.

Also last time I checked when I did provide you with several links on a topic you didn't want to have any of that. The only people living in a fantasy are those that believe your Apple computers just works like plugging in your toaster.

Here is a link with 1962 pages of Apple related issue. How I know its valid the people at my local Apple store use to to keep up to date with issues that might not be aware of in the store.

http://reviews.cnet.com/macfixit/?tag=mfiredir
  • Reply 53 of 75
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Apple has a closed OS so that makes them the only player in their arena. PC makers aren't in the business of making operating systems they are in the business of making hardware. Well Sony is actually in a good many ventures.

The hardware vendors you mentioned use Windows because that is smart business why wouldn't you put an OS on your system that 90+% of the world uses.

They are in the business of selling HW to make money? just like Apple. But they are also in the business of utilizing software?that they make, have made by others [, or let other SW vendors lease space on their HW in the form of crapware]?to assist in turning a profit on their HW? just like Apple. The difference is that Apple is much more successful at it than they are.

You can?t separate Apple?s Macs from the PC market simply because they use a difference OS. It?s even less of a viable argument now that Apple is using Intel chips and the internet and open standards has made a great deal of computing OS agnostic.

Every PC vendor has the options as Apple does, they just don?t have the same abilities. Several have tried to get Mac OS lease to them, but even in Apple?s darkest hour they still maintained that the best business model for them to sell their HW was to also make their OS. They?ve even tried Linux to get out from under MS? thumb. That means they can?t lease their OS without hurting their PC business. That would have been suicide for Apple and they would not have been in the place they are today.

You keep making this mention of 90% marketshare. Apple may only have 10% in the US and 4% in the world, but that is the OS. And since they don?t sell their OS to work EXCEPT on their PC HW your argument is flawed for threereasons. 1) You think that Apple has the same business model as MS when it comes to desktop OSes. They don?t! 2) You are only comparing unit shares and not the profit the company makes from being a PC HW company so you keep scratching your head as to why Apple wouldn?t want to sell it?s OS freely to all. 3) Inevitably you are comparing the PC HW vendor to a company that is an OS SW vendor.

That makes no sense and I?ll break it down for you so you can see how ridiculous and improbably even suggesting that Apple has failed by choosing to be a HW vendor over just a SW vendor really is. I?ll attempt to show you, by previous arguments, Apple would still be a failure in your eyes even if it switched places with HP, the largest PC vendor in the world.
    ? HP had a 20% worldwide marketshare for PC sales in the previous quarter.

? HP sold 16M PCs worldwide.

? Apple sold 3M PCs worldwide.

? Apple would have to sell over 5x as many Macs per quarter to only match HP.

? That means the $3.95B they made in Mac sales would be $21B in Macs while keeping the same business model that is working for them.

? Microsoft did under $13B for the same quarter.

? Besides being considerably more than MS, that is MS? entire business v. only Apple?s Mac? and it?s still over 3x smaller than the Windows unit sales for the quarter.
    ? yet you think that Apple would be a failure with such a low comparative percentage of the OS marketshare. It?s like Ruth Chris? is a failed restaurant because they don?t have as many customers as McDonald?s because you can?t see that these two chains have very different business models.

* Note that this scenario is impossible for Apple to achieve without changing up their business model dramatically. That means selling more products and having significantly cheaper products to the point of a near-profitless notebook for $400 in the states and even cheaper in other countries. That just isn?t going to happen.
  • Reply 54 of 75
    Quote:

WE are talking about computers there isnt any speculation or fantasy involved. Yet again my opinion is based off decades of experience using these products. There are many people on this forum that give opinion and have never even used the products they bash.

Unlike some members that just save and then regurgitate links they have saved on their computer I would much rather give an opinion using my experiences.

I am sure some do test computers but I am also sure some do not. Also my experience tells me that you can make any test look the way you want. which is why any link that you find I can find one to dispute your finding and the reverse is true.

Also last time I checked when I did provide you with several links on a topic you didn't want to have any of that. The only people living in a fantasy are those that believe your Apple computers just works like plugging in your toaster.

Here is a link with 1962 pages of Apple related issue. How I know its valid the people at my local Apple store use to to keep up to date with issues that might not be aware of in the store.

http://reviews.cnet.com/macfixit/?tag=mfiredir

You really need to read your own links, since many of those comments on that page about improving, tips and tricks to Mac. Not sure where you are going with this?

When you provide a link at least be honest, yes the link provides issues with Mac, but it has tips, tricks and general news.

e.g., this article (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7...ag=mncol;title) was on page 4 of your link or page 2 this article http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7...ag=mncol;title

P.S. I replied to all your linked info. mate, not sure what you are talking about, but it is easy to throw accusations, since not going to waste time re-reading your speculated comments from the past.
  • Reply 55 of 75
    Quote:

You really need to read your own links, since many of those comments on that page about improving, tips and tricks to Mac. Not sure where you are going with this?

When you provide a link at least be honest, yes the link provides issues with Mac, but it has tips, tricks and general news.

e.g., this article (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7...ag=mncol;title) was on page 4 of your link or page 2 this article http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7...ag=mncol;title

P.S. I replied to all your linked info. mate, not sure what you are talking about, but it is easy to throw accusations, since not going to waste time re-reading your speculated comments from the past.

Im well away of the link I follow that site all the time. Just going by the first page alone 6 out of 10 are problems. That would be 60%.
  • Reply 56 of 75
    Quote:

Im well away of the link I follow that site all the time. Just going by the first page alone 6 out of 10 are problems. That would be 60%.

page 2 has 4 out of 10 issues 40 % and page 3 has 3 out of 10 issues 30%, your point is???

If you want to have statistical discussion, I am waiting and able to entertain you.
  • Reply 57 of 75
    Quote:

page 2 has 4 out of 10 issues 40 % and page 3 has 3 out of 10 issues 30%, your point is???

If you want to have statistical discussion, I am waiting and able to entertain you.

If you want to entertain me you can go through all 1262 pages and give me the stats on each one.
  • Reply 58 of 75
    Quote:

If you want to entertain me you can go through all 1262 pages and give me the stats on each one.

Do not need to I can take a sample of 126 pages and use some standard statistical analysis to provide you good estimate of how many issues are reported and give you the confidence limits for my analysis.
  • Reply 59 of 75
    Quote:

Do not need to I can take a sample of 10 pages and use some standard statistical analysis to provide you good estimate of how many issues are reported and give you the confidence limits for my analysis.

No ive actually moved on to another thread trying to figure out why Apple would create such a nice 27" iMac and not have a port to take advantage of allowing other devices to use it as an external display. You know like being able to hook up your PS3 and use the blu ray function or play games. Or allow you to mirror on another monitor.

In my PC world this all seems so simple yet for some reason Apple seem to take pride in being different even when it makes no sense or hurts the end user.
  • Reply 60 of 75
    Quote:

No ive actually moved on to another thread trying to figure out why Apple would create such a nice 27" iMac and not have a port to take advantage of allowing other devices to use it as an external display. You know like being able to hook up your PS3 and use the blu ray function or play games. Or allow you to mirror on another monitor.

In my PC world this all seems so simple yet for some reason Apple seem to take pride in being different even when it makes no sense or hurts the end user.

For you its seems simple, at a guess how many people actually use blu-Ray, please no speculation, do some research, since this was already discussed in previous threads.

This may help you and read the review http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/app...?tag=mncol;lston why 27" iMac is a good choice!