Apple's latest 10.6.2 beta packs fixes for VMWare, iMacs, Apple TV

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BertP View Post

Use your own good judgement; if the Airport Express printing defect is critical without any work-around, don't knowingly walk into that situation. Apple chooses to not use public betas, and you've got to deal with that. IMO, Apple does quite well with their tightly integrated ecosystem. The tight integration reduces the complexity of putting out good products ? but bug free? No.

How can I use my own good judgment if it come PREINSTALLED on the machine? Not like I have much of a choice is? If they could get it right by x.6.2 then they should release it as a public beta or hold off on rushing the release out (SL seemed to catch a number of vendors by surprise with an earlier than expected release.) And yes, not having 20+ macs being able to print to our printer is pretty mission critical.
  • Reply 82 of 83
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bulk001 View Post

How can I use my own good judgment if it come PREINSTALLED on the machine? Not like I have much of a choice is? If they could get it right by x.6.2 then they should release it as a public beta or hold off on rushing the release out (SL seemed to catch a number of vendors by surprise with an earlier than expected release.) And yes, not having 20+ macs being able to print to our printer is pretty mission critical.

You can always put 10.5.8 on your new laptop until they fix it. Your 20+ macs are still on 10.5 no? I would think you'd want to test a release before rolling it out to production. Any of your other system disks should work fine installing on your laptop. I've mixed and matched them all over the place from mini, to Macbook, to iMac. They all work fine with each other.
  • Reply 83 of 83
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

Too many trolls in AI these days. I am patiently (trying hard) waiting for 10.6.2 to make the jump from 10.5. At this rate, 10.6.2 looks to be a month away.

Looks like you're off by about 30 days. I hope if fixed whatever issue you were waiting on.