124»

Comments

• Reply 62 of 78
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Even scarier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk

lol..where did you find that? Why does he remind me of Trey Parker from South Park?
  • Reply 63 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

lol..where did you find that? Why does he remind me of Trey Parker from South Park?

On YouTube.

Got no answer for you on the other question.

Actually, I wonder whether this ad was ever run on TV or was just created as an inside joke.
  • Reply 64 of 78
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    This kind of thing really pisses me off. It's not because it's Microsoft or anything. Anytime a company basically says what he says, which surmounts to "Why fix what aint broke?" it shows an absolute lack of motivation to innovate or improve.

Microsoft has gotten to a point where not even the success of the iphone can dissuade them from believing they're still #1 in all markets their products are in.

The truth is, more Windows Mobile phones are being made now than ever, but that doesn't mean shit when the market is moving the way it is. OF COURSE there's more WM phones than ever. There's more Android phones too!

Fire Balless and get your shit together MS!

You know, the other day, I was thinking, what if Bill Gates actually wanted MS to do badly? What if, for years, he was in a position where he saw the monster he created, and realized he had no more control over it. He gave Apple 150million to get going again afterall.

I think Gates has an iphone and stupid fucking retard STEVE BALLESS has a jitterbug!
  • Reply 65 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Insane Maniac

"I think we're on the right strategy, which is to focus on the software that goes into phones, as opposed to building phones."

Sorry buddy, but your not! You think that you should build software and let your partners builds the hardware? Look at where that has gotten Windows Mobile...

Although, I guess they have a point, I mean look at what happened to the Zune
  • Reply 66 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

Done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6rqXHX3O48

Gold. Pure gold.
  • Reply 67 of 78
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    whereas, George W. Bush was the worst president in US history, so also is Steve Ballmer the worst CEO in US history.

what an f'in decade they have given us.
  • Reply 68 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Ballmer.

Balmer is a city in Murland.

And "balmier" is how one feels when within 100ft of Ballmer's sweaty body.
  • Reply 69 of 78
    This article made me laugh so hard, it hurts!!

I was waiting for extremeskater to state "90% marketshare in OS" on this one. Again MS shareholders can see that having 90% marketshare is not all that it is cracked up to be and asking questions of MS Exec team. Why is Apple so successful ever though, the company does not have '90% of the market in OS'

As teckstud comment about enterprise market, yes that is true, but this article is focusing on the shareholders amazement at Apple's overall success and to be frank, They want to know why is MS not having the same returns!
  • Reply 70 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

I was waiting for extremeskater to state "90% marketshare in OS" on this one. Again MS shareholders can see that having 90% marketshare is not all that it is cracked up to be and asking questions of MS Exec team. Why is Apple so successful ever though, the company does not have '90% of the market in OS'

As teckstud comment about enterprise market, yes that is true, but this article is focusing on the shareholders amazement at Apple's overall success and to be frank, They want to know why is MS not having the same returns!

MS doesn't have the same level of commitment to certain tech ideals that Apple does. MS will settle to have their OS on even POS machines. They don't really give a damn about the user experience. In short, As Jobs said (as true now as it was back then), hey just have bo taste.
  • Reply 71 of 78
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Just wait 24-48 months when Chrome OS may very well have a higher marketshare than Mac OS X. They?ll be calling OS X a completely failure channeling Dvorak to say that Apple should give up Mac OS X and sell Windows instead.
  • Reply 72 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcw5002 View Post

lol what a disaster.

It's so true though, the college-aged generation has nothing but distaste for microsoft. Hell, it seems like more than half of the tech industry feels the same way. They need to turn the ship around fast or it's going to eventually crash and burn.

And the M$ ship will crash and burn. Apple has at least 25% marketshare on college campuses all over the country - and this number will continue to grow. Cool gadgets such as the iPod have enticed young people to buy additional Apple products. M$ stopped being "cool" with college students since Vista. I don't believe that anyone who switches to a Mac has any interest in switching back to Microsoft and Windows 7.

The current problem is that most college professors are comfortable continuing to use Microsoft. Call it inertia, or call it established professors just set in their ways and afraid of change. Many academic software packages are still not compatible with MacIntosh. Professors do not feel an urge to look for a comparable program that will run on a Mac. Doing so might mean that they would have to revise their curriculum to match the new software, and they do not want to do that extra work when a PC already does the job. Most college administrators want to continue with Microsoft instead of Apple, because they can buy many more machines within a budget year for the same money. Also, the warranties for a PC cover accidental damage and can be four years. Applecare cannot match that.

Wait until the college students of 2009 become professors and important decision-makers on campus. It might take another ten years for the significant changes to happen in student labs and in faculty offices....... I am still waiting for the Exchange server killer, Apple! Where is it?

Just curious, but how much Microsoft stock is owned by China? What about Apple stock?
  • Reply 73 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

If is a very big word.

In order to get to that market share, a few things would have to happen. But the major end point would be that Apple would have to become affordable for a large part of the population.

It could happen by a cheaper computer, or people earning more money.

It ain't in Apples business model to make lower priced computers and the population in general havent gained much in terms of income for many years.

What would you say a good starting figure would be? Is $599 low enough ($549 is you're a student)? Or people want a 17" fully loaded Macbook Pro for under $800?

Or how come, then, people can afford the iPhone's monthly plan? They have no problem buying those these days. 10 million additional people can afford iPhones every quarter but they can't afford to spend a couple of hundred one time for a usable computer? It's not the money. It's what they are used to and the applications they run. That is why the education market and the mentioned college student is such an important demographic. They just might get used to Mac OS X and iWork!
  • Reply 74 of 78
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Gold. Pure gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHN...eature=related

windows 1 was even better
  • Reply 75 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mytdave View Post

I'm waiting for the day when MS has a shareholder smart enough to ask them "why don't you stop trying to copy everything Apple does, and come up with some new unique and innovative products of your own?"

But shareholders don't care about about what the company makes they just care about making money. Apparently MS still does this.
  • Reply 76 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

my sarcasm antenna just exploded

ha ha

ms doesn't have a buisness model

they just drunkingly reel from one disaster to another

That sounds like the best explanation for the company in the last ten years.
  • Reply 77 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tundraboy View Post

Instead of throwing billions of dollars away to develop the overly complex super bloated Vista, they should have used those billions to help their customers transition to a modern OS.

Because Microsoft probably wouldn't be able to pull it off. Honestly, they would probably have to buy an existing OS like Be.
  • Reply 78 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Even scarier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk

The guy hasn't changed much in 20 years has he?