Steve Jobs e-mails terse response to upset Apple developer

Comments

• Reply 101 of 219
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

Steve Jobs has really devolved into an asshole -- a fuckhead to the highest degree.

I really can't wait until there's a real competitor to Apple. Apple and Steve Jobs have become arrogant little pricks.

A preemptive fuck you to anyone that disagrees with me. Yes, that means *YOU*.

Don't be envious or angry ... just go get a mac.
  • Reply 102 of 219
    It's a simple copyright issue. You shouldn't roll someone else's trademarked name into your product to begin with. The developer was wrong and there's no debate here.
  • Reply 103 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iStud View Post

Indeed, as I said, you pointed out the o-b-v-i-o-u-s.

How slow can you be. Can't you read more than 3 words in a row?

Don't you know. TechDud doesn't read ... he skims .... that's why he never "gets it."
  • Reply 104 of 219
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

It's a simple copyright issue. You shouldn't roll someone else's trademarked name into your product to begin with. The developer was wrong and there's no debate here.

I'm surprised SJ is responding at all. Isn't ripping music from the iPod to the computer supposed to infringe on Apple's agreement with the music labels? This sounds like he's more concerned with the name rather than the action itself. He's indirectly condoning it.

And as if SJ and Apple invented the word "Pod"? Just call it Podripper and let him sue.
  • Reply 105 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Don't be envious or angry ... just go get a mac.

He not only has a Mac he is a developer from posts I have read. Not everyone is angry just because they don't get down on their knees. Its a bad misconception here.
  • Reply 106 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

the app name exactly decribes the service provided

and so ipodrip should be allowed to exist as long as the writers >> heart felt plea states he has apple running in his blood thru and thru and has only done good by apple

steve was wrong

steve blew a great chance to show some mercy to the tiny little people who exist only to please his holiness

i guess we all some how mistake apple for a caring entity

they don't care

no buisness ever did

this topic has 100 percent agreed with steve

except me and that kim bim bap dude

Another poster who does not understand the legalities of trademark protection. Please look it up and educate yourself on the subject first so you will not look like an idiot when you post ... we already have TechDud for that.
  • Reply 107 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Apple sues left and right over their "names"- why would anyone question it?

You can say the same about anyone with a trademark .... but then, you only have an axe to grind with Apple, ... I forgot.
  • Reply 108 of 219
    Quote:

You can say the same about anyone with a trademark .... but then, you only have an axe to grind with Apple, ... I forgot.

No maybe newbee its because this site is called AppleInsider and it relates to an Apple developer? Jeesh.

So you and iStud are both stalking me now? Think I can handle it?
  • Reply 109 of 219
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I was hoping to see Jobs? response to a developer with a real app-store-approval issue.

Not that I don?t feel the frustration of the iPodRip developer?I do. But Apple going after others for using the word iPod in their product names goes way back?before the iPhone?even if iPodRip never happened to run into the issue before. That kind of rejection is really old news. I want to see Apple put on the spot for the fundamental and shockingly long-running problems with the whole app-approval process.
  • Reply 110 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

I was hoping to see Jobs’ response to a developer with a real app-store-approval issue.

Not that I don’t feel the frustration of the iPodRip developer—I do. But Apple going after others for using the word iPod in their product names goes way back—before the iPhone—even if iPodRip never happened to run into the issue before. That kind of rejection is really old news. I want to see Apple put on the spot for the fundamental and shockingly long-running problems with the whole app-approval process.

I agree - Apple has been burning a lot of bridges lately in regards to that.
  • Reply 111 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Or put an Apple in your logo. I'm surpised they haven't sued NewYork state yet - the big Apple. Or the Apple Bank for Savings. https://www.applebank.com/Default.aspx
  • Reply 112 of 219
    Well, maybe Apple should've change their name to not tread on the trademark of Apple Corps.

It's not that big of a deal, Steve.
  • Reply 113 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

He not only has a Mac he is a developer from posts I have read. Not everyone is angry just because they don't get down on their knees. Its a bad misconception here.

In the wonderful world of the internet, nobody is necessarily what they claim to be, no matter how many posts they have. One thing you might be sure of is their hatred of someone/something by the continuing type of drivel they spread. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ..... you know?
  • Reply 114 of 219
    Quote:

In the wonderful world of the internet, nobody is necessarily what they claim to be, no matter how many posts they have. One thing you might be sure of is their hatred of someone/something by the continuing type of drivel they spread. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ..... you know?

Stop talking about yourself- we already know this about you.
  • Reply 115 of 219
    Quote:

No maybe newbee its because this site is called AppleInsider and it relates to an Apple developer? Jeesh.

So you and iStud are both stalking me now? Think I can handle it?

Posting incomplete and misleading info an any website is wrong, but don't let that stop you ... it never has before.
  • Reply 116 of 219
    Quote:

Stop talking about yourself- we already know this about you.

TechDud, from reading your posting history, you have me convinced you know nothing about anybody or anything.
  • Reply 117 of 219
    Quote:

Actually I make life simple and take people at face value. Lets remember we are on an internet news forum. Its not life or death like some people make it out to be.
  • Reply 118 of 219
    Anyone who thinks this was an unacceptably terse reply to a relatively minor business correspondence never exchanged messages with a busy CEO before. I saw nothing that indicated he was being rude.

The guy's trying to make a living off Apple's products, but rules are rules... you don't use somebody else's trademark and not expect to get notified. It obviously wasn't a big deal because he changed the name... which is dumb anyway. RIP can imply theft. Applying the first rule of product name development ("call it what it does") would have made it something like "Music Savior."

Jesus, you think because he runs Apple, and they make clever gadgets, computers and software you've bought, Steve's your pal? Grow up. Email Ballmer and tell him how much Microsoft sucks... see how he responds.
  • Reply 119 of 219
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Are you sure the email didn't say:-

"Sent from my prototype iPhone that you can't have yet,

nah, nah, nah nah, nah!"

...because that's what I'd have.
  • Reply 120 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tink View Post

... And you know this about him because you have met him and know him or just by what you see on t.v. and the internet.

There is a saying that it takes an asshole to know an asshole.

But I think that in this case, it is a misunderstanding.