any anime fans?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    [quote]Originally posted by The Toolboi:

<strong>Awww, I dont diss the CG, it was ok, I just found that it ran into a wall. My problem with most CG is exactly what I had against FF. As it wasnt done to look artistic, and it doesnt look photorealistic, it kinda falls short.

I for instance like Shrek quite a bit more in the animation department. Sure it wasnt as photorealistic, but it looked perfect for what it was. FF with its touted photorealism ended up looking less then was expected (did you see the clips on the FF site before the movie? Theyd tweaked them with photoshop to make it look better).

I think that we cna all agree that those scenes mentioned should have been better clarified. Who knows, maybe the Japanese version made sense. Its much like my favorite anime, Cowboy Bebop, in that repect. CB had scenes that made ABSOLUTLEY NO sense to me or most of my friend, but my Japanese friend understood them instantly (the bitch tits episode any one?).

maybe Square had to put some tenticle pr0n in there.

La-Blue-Girl (It was my mishap to fall upon this bit of sorry anime back about 4 years ago, all I remember to this day is the tenticles... eeewwwwww).</strong><hr></blockquote>

well not for a few years at least will you start seeing CG that will be almost 100% photorealistic, FF really pushed the edges, and I admire that alot, when I first saw the trailor, some of the shots I had to watch twice because they were so damn good looking, shrek was really awesome as well, and yes I do agree that in going for a more cartoonish look shreks reality was a bit more absolute and convincing. whereas with FF in trying to look super realistic, we instantly notice the flaws and not the massive feets accomplished in making the FF movie

ya know?

My biggest problem with FF was the supposed comic relief, that guy was sad
  • Reply 22 of 32
    My biggest problem with FF was the supposed comic relief, that guy was sad

Hahaha, ya.

As for CBBB;

Best 2 episodes: Toys in the Attic and Ganymede Elegy

Toys in the atic was just frikin hilarious (And the lesson is: Dont leave food in the fridge for too long) and Ganymede elegy was just straight out amazing. Cinematography better than 99% of the movies out there (and I LOVE cinematography), amazing scenes, the final introduction of who spike it, and.... man the list goes on.

The last episode is pretty amazing its self, I love how he goes out both wit ha bang and a wimper

I think that CBBB falls just below perfect in its episodic plot. Its close, but not quite perfect. The perfect method of plot enhancment is like that of Babylon five in early season 3, its episodic but focusing around a singular plot line. That is the problem I had with B5 later on, it became TOO plot based, and episodes stopped being distinguishable form each other, it was like on long on going "to be contnued" episode. Which is also btw, the problem that I have with most anime.

Well, CBBB also falls a bit short in that it doest really explain anything very well, and its stories are quite often VERY chopped up (and a bit repetitive).
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Those are my favorite two eps also Toolboi, though Pierre le Fou runs a close third. Almost as funny as the actually episode of Toys in the Attic is the teaser for the next ep. Comic genius.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    I think If I wasn't a musician bent on world domination, I would take a career in Cinematography, being a photographer as well, I look at good cinematography as I do good photography only theres lots of it!

toys in the attic was just wierd....I did enjoy it alot though, I haven't seen the whole series yet, but Its still my favorite anime

as for B5, man I started watching it on sci-fi channel a few months, and I got hooked again

that was truly an excellent show. but it definatly did start to get a bit too plot based and it got really deep and over done in my opinion, but overdone in a kind of underdone way, I don't know, I relaly enjoyed the episodes that were right before the shadow war and during it, the ones after weren't so great, the ones way before were good too though...oh well...it was a great show
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Best Anime Series Ever: Serial Experiments Lain

Second Best: Cowboy Bebop

Other Good Serieses(?): Scryed, Escaflowne, (argh, can't think of any more at the moment!)
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Wrong Robot, EXACTLY my feelings towards the show. about the month or so before Sheridan came on has to be the highest point of TV ever. Even when Sheridan first came on (who I didnt like very much)the show was amazingly good.

Ever see the Zathuras trilogy (or at least thats what I call them) about B4 appearing in some corner of the galaxy? What an amazing 3 episodes, they really blew me away.

though Pierre le Fou runs a close third

Oddly enough I didnt like that one that much, though I cant say that it was bad.

My third... or maybe second, its kind of a tie with Toys in the Attic is the last episode, just the last 10 minutes of it are amazing, him going after Vicious... amazing, truely amazing.

That show has to have the BEST music of any TV show, and its definatly the best planned. Hell, look at how they use The Real Folk Blues (not a particularly good song) in conjunction with Spikes leaving, just amazing.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Yea that B4 shite was nutty awesome

Man

B5 was sooooo ****ing cool, but then again, It crapped out in the very end, so I'm glad that they aren't still making new episodes.

farscape is ****ing awesome as well, though it has lost alot of its early 1st season glory, the show was so original and well made, very similar to B5 in those respects.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Was farscape good? I never watched it (Ive become anti-TV since friends took over from Seignfeild as the most watched sitcom).

Any how, how could I have forgotten to mention "The Wings of Heronomise", a cool little non-action drama anime (never thought Id like one of those but...) about the fictional first building of a spaceship (of course its the Japanese who build it ).

Really cool movie, though as I said little or no action.

[edit] Oh jeeze, I just saw the first 3 episodes of Lain, and Im kind of taken aback, thats one of the coolest things Ive ever seen. Most mood, style, and pure bizzarness Ive ever seen. It reminds me of Pi and The Truman Show directed by H.R. Geiger. Also am I the only one seeing Apple/Jobs references EVERYWHERE? Her first "Navi" (gotta love Japanese names, "Im gonna go surf the Wired")looks almost just like a red 20th aneversary mac, they use Next OS Icons every where (are they using Next?), and the OS (at least on her new "Navi") is called Copland OS.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: The Toolboi ]</p>
  • Reply 29 of 32
    MY pc-using, mac liking friend is a huge anime nut and serial experiment lain is one of his favorites, he's told me many a time that the creators love macs(as well as almost everyone in japan) and that there are many references to apple and macintosh and the likes in the show

i haven't seen it yet though
  • Reply 30 of 32
    [quote]Originally posted by Wrong Robot:

<strong>MY pc-using, mac liking friend is a huge anime nut and serial experiment lain is one of his favorites, he's told me many a time that the creators love macs(as well as almost everyone in japan) and that there are many references to apple and macintosh and the likes in the show

i haven't seen it yet though</strong><hr></blockquote>

Naw, I think they are more obsessed with T & A!
  • Reply 31 of 32
    solishusolishu Posts: 124member
    I see you registered at ArsAnime toolboi. Welcome to the best anime community on the net (though they are in sorry need of some more mac-heads ).
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Ya, thanks for pointing it out to me (didnt know it existed). Ive decided to boycott the openforums (too many idiots) but the anime people seem real cool (especially since theres nothing to war about).

Now if only everyone where would put up Morpheus or Kazaa and share over that, man that would rule. Just do a search for whatever anime you want...

screw the leechers, they dont matter.

Edit: Wow, am I the only person that posts in AO?

Oh well...

I agree, Lain is the best Anime Ive ever seen. It blew me away and then pulled me back.

More mac references: Frames with "Think Different" litter the animes, especially the end.

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: The Toolboi ]</p>