Microsoft alters settlement with EU over browser exclusivity

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    I think its stupid now instead on microsoft internet explorer NEVER being first it will randomly be first.

Isnt that going slightly backwards?
  • Reply 62 of 64
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post

I think its stupid now instead on microsoft internet explorer NEVER being first it will randomly be first.

Isnt that going slightly backwards?

No offense, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. By all accounts, this way is much more fair and presents the best solution to date to a very problematic situation. In a perfect world we'd also see MS wake up and use Webkit, but alas . . .
  • Reply 63 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

No offense, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. By all accounts, this way is much more fair and presents the best solution to date to a very problematic situation. In a perfect world we'd also see MS wake up and use Webkit, but alas . . .

Everybody is complain ing about microsoft being a monopoly. They complain that They use it to make internet explorer popular. Then complain when microsoft proposes a way that makes people use IE less.

Since its now random IE has just as much of a chance being the first browser listed as the rest. BEfore since it was listed by name it wasnt. They were arguing that people wil lalways click on the first one listed. Now IE has just as much of a chance being listed first as the others. By using their reasoning they went backwards.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post

Everybody is complain ing about microsoft being a monopoly. They complain that They use it to make internet explorer popular. Then complain when microsoft proposes a way that makes people use IE less.

Since its now random IE has just as much of a chance being the first browser listed as the rest. BEfore since it was listed by name it wasnt. They were arguing that people wil lalways click on the first one listed. Now IE has just as much of a chance being listed first as the others. By using their reasoning they went backwards.

But it also has a chance of *not* being the first. It's randomized. The other browsers have just as much a chance at being first on the the list as IE. The point here is to treat all browsers the same, which includes giving IE just as much of a chance at being first. The point is not to deliberately exclude IE or give any one browser an unfair advantage. Is this not in the spirit of fairness?