Apple named 'Brand of the Decade' by Adweek

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

And toothpaste of the decade goes to Colgate.

Nah. Colgate is yesterday's news. Aquafresh is where it's at
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about. (Oscar Wilde)

Great quote!
  • Reply 43 of 48
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Motlee View Post

How about the flat screen tv's. Helped me move more easily. My 60" projection was a whole separate trip!!

yes, digital TV and HDTV definitely might be in the running for "consumer technology of the decade". BIG change. but this prize is for marketing, and there is no one signature brand or model that captured that in the public's mind like the iPod did for digital music/media and the iPhone did for smartphones.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

yes, digital TV and HDTV definitely might be in the running for "consumer technology of the decade". BIG change.

Except that the transition was so completely fouled up, it almost doesn't count.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samanjj View Post

I am guessing that angus young is teckstud. even if you're not mate, watch your step - teckstud just went a little too far and got band. wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you.

What type of band? Elastic, or is it a musical band he got?
  • Reply 46 of 48
    davidwdavidw Posts: 2,105member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Apple Fixes Rush Limbaugh's Mac After He Complains On-Air

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/apple...ns-on-air.html

Quote from Story

"Conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh was having problems with his Mac. A program called Time Machine wasn't restoring his emails properly and repeated calls to Apple Support were fruitless. Based on complaints in online forums, he wasn't the only one either. So finally he complained about it on-air and that caught Apple's attention enough to assign an engineer to go fix it (the guy had to delete the "null mail folder" and rebuild it in the internal directory with the terminal command). That's the power of leveraging your voice . But you don't need to have your own radio show, just deploy some of the technique that we deSscribed in "The Ultimate Consumerist Guide to Fighting Back" or in our interview with Ron Burley to get real customer satisfaction."

That is one satisfied user. Glad he's on Apple's side! You can have him. Thank You for pointing this out. I never would have guessed.

I would also suspect that Sarah Palin is a Mac user. You betchya.

Did you also not guess that President Obama is also a Mac user?
  • Reply 47 of 48
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

Does this decade begin on 1999 Dec 31 or 2001 January 1st

Teckstud you can chime in now..... OH wait.... you're banned LOL

i think they deleted him completely posts and all

now who will we kick around ??

why is every one looking at me ??

i am feeling odd about goggle, they seem, so one horse like I can't see them winning anything ?
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Mostly, it's fun to watch the whiners display just how lame their tedious lives must be.

Through the decades I spent in sales and marketing - mostly outside the digital world - I always appreciated talented work whether offered by a competitor or the firms I represented.

Mac/Jobs/Google/success-haters have only their timorous hangups and hatreds to keep their hearts beating. Pretty poor excuse for the intellect and ego of human beings.