Apple's Wed., Jan. 27 event could include iPhone 4.0 SDK [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 68
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    You gotta admit that "Clouded Leopard" would be a great name for OS X 10.7.
  • Reply 22 of 68
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

i guess someone's parents didn't give them enough attention that they post this crap which doesn't even sound true

or trying to drive hit traffic to their site
  • Reply 23 of 68
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rei_vilo View Post

Hi,

I don't care about the special event .

What I want, it's just the iMac 27" I ordered Dec. 10th delivered Failed X-mas present

What the the interest for a product if it isn't available \

I hope AppleInsider could help us and raise the question as loud as possible :
    • When iMac 27" will be available

Best regards,

They're very popular right now. Probably the best iMac evvarrrr!
  • Reply 24 of 68
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

That was cool, thanks, didn't even know such a animal existed.

Clouded Leopard > cloud computing.

sounds good and a good name if true.
  • Reply 25 of 68
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Especially if they have their data center built and really are focusing a lot more on the cloud. I didn?t think that was a real animal.
  • Reply 26 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Tablet.

Apple's done the iPod, the iPhone, the notebook, the desktop, and content distribution, and is working on the Cloud.

Now it's time to redefine the way we use "computers." That's what's next. The notebook will, in time, give way to the Tablet, and Apple wants to make sure it's done on their own terms a la iPhone.

It couldn't be more clear.

I couldn't agree more. Computers are so last decade. We'll just have end devices to access services.
  • Reply 27 of 68
    You'd think whomever mocked this up would have used the same typeface for "Clouded"
  • Reply 28 of 68
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Should be some way to tell which apps were pulled. Aren't there sites that keep complete lists of all of the current apps?

That was obviously a joke.

Someone (a developer likely) leaked info that would most definitely part of an NDA.
  • Reply 29 of 68
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zak2009 View Post

You'd think whomever mocked this up would have used the same typeface for "Clouded"

or recognized that "upto" is two words, or that "2x to wake up and shut down" is so ugly no one paid to write anything would come up with it.
  • Reply 30 of 68
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

If I get banned for this or sued, I'm only linking to another site and have nothing to do with the origin of these images. ... I personally don't believe the specs are true, but it's good discussion talk.

This is pretty obviously fake unless every rumour we've heard about the tablet is untrue. Intel chips? WiFI *draft* N?

edit: also "Precision (sic) aluminum unibody"
  • Reply 31 of 68
    min_tmin_t Posts: 74member
    Who are these "officials" who've been officially notified of the actual product? How is it that we're now confirming rumors by referring to other rumors? Shouldn't the confirmation of the event be the actual invite sent out to the pundits?
  • Reply 32 of 68
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by min_t View Post

Who are these "officials" who've been officially notified of the actual product? How is it that we're now confirming rumors by referring to other rumors? Shouldn't the confirmation of the event be the actual invite sent out to the pundits?

It's official until it's not! This is the beginning of a new decade, wallow in the rumors!
  • Reply 33 of 68
    Can someone please tell me when it was APPLE announced this media event? I mean surely Apple won't leave it until two weeks before the event to announce it surely?

I think it's just rumours invented by PC manufacturers who think they will release their tablets before Apple in order to get a one up on Apple when in fact Apple hasn't even got something in the works at all.
  • Reply 34 of 68
    there will never be a mechanical hard drive in this thing...thats ridiculous

nor a projector.... I do not forsee apple jumping on the bandwagon and installing one of these new pico laser projectors... They will either not do it at all, or come up with some crazy invention like a hologram generator or something to leapfrog whatever is out there..
  • Reply 35 of 68
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lowededwookie View Post

Can someone please tell me when it was APPLE announced this media event? I mean surely Apple won't leave it until two weeks before the event to announce it surely?

They didn't and damnit, stop calling me Shirley!

Quote:

I think it's just rumours invented by PC manufacturers who think they will release their tablets before Apple in order to get a one up on Apple when in fact Apple hasn't even got something in the works at all.

PC manufacturers released a rumor that Apple would release a product when Apple doesn't even have one?
  • Reply 36 of 68
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

edit: also "Precision (sic) aluminum unibody"

What's wrong with the word precision?
  • Reply 37 of 68
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

If I get banned for this or sued, I'm only linking to another site and have nothing to do with the origin of these images.

I personally don't believe the specs are true, but it's good discussion talk.

Introducing the iBrick.

Because if it was sized to a 7" screen it would have to be 3" thick to cram all that stuff into it, resulting in something roughly the size and weight of a brick.
  • Reply 38 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

In terms of 'what's next,' I think there's something in-between that Apple has its sights on: the 'family room'.

@TV and its (hopefully, future) mutants have quite some opportunity yet.

The family room is also on it's way out, just like the centrally located TV.
  • Reply 39 of 68
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Introducing the iBrick.

Because if it was sized to a 7" screen it would have to be 3" thick to cram all that stuff into it, resulting in something roughly the size and weight of a brick.

The ethernet is a dead giveaway that it's a fake. It would be useless and make the tablet too thick, I mean my MBA doesn't even have one. Also the screen is going to be 10".
  • Reply 40 of 68
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mark2series View Post

The family room is also on it's way out, just like the centrally located TV.

I don?t see signs of that. Sure, TVs are cheap enough that people have many in their home but sitting around the largest of them in a group instead of being alone in your room is still popular.

Even if you are correct you should read the term ?family room? as a colloquial term to reference TVs in the home, not specifically a particular room. TVs will continue to get more connected to your home network and internet. I think we?ll see a lot of this at CES this year.