Apple releases iPhone OS 3.1.3 with battery reporting fix

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I'd say that is most likely. think we get 3.2.x at some point before June, unless we pay the $99 for the iPhone OS 4.0 Beta. I'll pay for the beta this time if it has features i want to play with.

I'm not convinced that 3.2.x will ever be released for the iPhone - the only changes in the 3.2 SDK are support for iPad-specific APIs and there's no 3.2 beta OS for the iPhone.

My guess is that Apple will just release a unified 4.0 beta for both devices when they announce the next iPhone, and until then we'll just see 3.1.x bug fixes.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Socrates View Post

I'm not convinced that 3.2.x will ever be released for the iPhone - the only changes in the 3.2 SDK are support for iPad-specific APIs and there's no 3.2 beta OS for the iPhone.

My guess is that Apple will just release a unified 4.0 beta for both devices when they announce the next iPhone, and until then we'll just see 3.1.x bug fixes.

I think you're right.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    How does the beta work do you have to pay and does it usually have most of the full update
  • Reply 64 of 66
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    I've never had an issue with the battery life or battery reporting from my 2G, 3G (in wifey's care) or 3GS.

Considering I'm jailbroken and would not unjailbreak unless Apple held my down and pushed Install for me, I think they're going to have to offer something more compelling then "this fixes a battery reporting issue.............oh yea and it patches Blackra1n's door, hehe"

No thank you Apple. I'm certain this is the final maintenance update to 3.1, and we'll like see the iPhone updated to 3.2 around iPad launch for consistency's sake. 4.0 in June/July.

4.0 had better offer some real improvements to the software, to the entire O.S. or 3.1.2 is going to be the next 2.2.1
  • Reply 65 of 66
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brendan View Post

How does the beta work do you have to pay and does it usually have most of the full update

The beta is for developers.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brendan View Post

All the iPhones and itouches are able to display he digital battery level, but apple only let's the 3gs, idk why. If you jailbreak any of the iPhones or itouches, you can make it display the battery.

That always seemed hooky to me. I thought maybe you needed a faster processor to show a percentage or something.