Steve Jobs agrees to collaborate on authorized biography - report

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

But iSteve is full of...you know what. I forsee the book being a big seller, but in all likelyhood, it should be on the fiction shelves.

Anybody who would believe iSteve without independently checking the facts is overly credulous.

You obviously don't know who Walter Isaacson is and how impeccable his reputation is. I read his new biography of Albert Einstein. Isaacson does not pull punches, ever. This is major league, very major league. If Isaacson can't get the facts straight then he won't write the book. He will dig until he finds the truth. Job's input and control will be minimal and independently corroborated. I guaran-damn-tee it.

Now siooma, you Apple hating troll.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    Jobs seems to be such a control freak, that I can't see how this will be anything much other than an autobiography, and I wonder how much we will actually learn about him, since it will be through his own rose tinted spectacles. Still, I'll read it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chintan100 View Post

Gone are the days when people wrote autobiographies like Mein Kampf while serving prison term.

Thanks for that comment by the way. I read that at work, sat in a meeting, and it made me laugh out loud - d'oh!
  • Reply 23 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

This was my first thought...

That was my second thought, my first thought was he was given a certain time frame left.
  • Reply 24 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

I read his new biography of Albert Einstein. Isaacson does not pull punches, ever.

But Einstein can't punch back, Steve can.
  • Reply 25 of 46
    "iWin: The Extraordinary Life and Legacy of Steve Jobs, A Story Reconstructed From Occasional Outbursts, Flashes of Angry Disappointment and Interpretations Inside The Reality Distortion Field"

Relax! I'm kidding!
  • Reply 26 of 46
    citycity Posts: 522member
    I wonder how it's going with Job's new house.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

I'm already using money to get the book. I'm paying my ISP every month.

Yeah. And it therefore also gives you the right to rip-off all kinds of IP, including music, video, movies....
  • Reply 28 of 46
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benice View Post

A biography is something you do when you think you're at the pinnacle of what you set out to do, or to promote yourself to a wider audience.

Actually, a biography is something someone else does about a person. An autobiography is what one does about themself.

Quote:

It leaves open the question of what the motivation is here. Is this the pinnacle or is this about showing that he's got broader interests?

The motiviation is the author wanted to write a book.
  • Reply 29 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Now siooma, you Apple hating troll.

Had to look that one up. Made me laugh.
  • Reply 30 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wtbard View Post

And perhaps it will only be available on the iPad! That would be Jobs' style.

HA HA HA! That would be a horrible thing to do...but would we REALLY be surprised?
  • Reply 31 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SarahB View Post

HA HA HA! That would be a horrible thing to do...but would we REALLY be surprised?

Very, since Apple won't be the publisher and no publisher would agree to such a bizarre restriction.
  • Reply 32 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Ditto!
  • Reply 33 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

"iWin: The Extraordinary Life and Legacy of Steve Jobs, A Story Reconstructed From Occasional Outbursts, Flashes of Angry Disappointment and Interpretations Inside The Reality Distortion Field"

Relax! I'm kidding!

FINALLY, some discussion of titles for the book. I clicked in hoping to see joke titles, not how rose-tinted Steve's glasses may be. Why iWin and not iGod though?
  • Reply 34 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chintan100 View Post

It sure will be interesting read and i will surely be reading it but having read iCon, i look forward to knowing how much truth there was in it.

there will be a helluva lot less truth in the official bio than there was in iCon...when the subject tries to ban a book you know its pretty close to the mark.
  • Reply 35 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archipellago View Post

there will be a helluva lot less truth in the official bio than there was in iCon...when the subject tries to ban a book you know its pretty close to the mark.

Really? Why so certain? Maybe it was just full of lies.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Yes, clever, succinct, and quite appropriate.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    Let's have a whip-round and get Steve Ballmer a copy.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Looking forward to it.
  • Reply 39 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wraithofwonder View Post

FINALLY, some discussion of titles for the book. I clicked in hoping to see joke titles, not how rose-tinted Steve's glasses may be. Why iWin and not iGod though?

Ooh, you're right. iGod is better.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

I will actually use money to buy this book.

I doubt I will but might d/l off the torrents when it shows up. A bio which has SJ's stamp of approval means it'll say what he wants it to say. And considering how eccentric he is reported to be, I can't imagine it'll be worth it to me to spend "money" buying it.

But then again, maybe I'll be wrong and it'll turn out to be a fascinating read full of interesting and previously unreported details of SJ's life and second-source verified business dealings. In that case, yep, I'll buy a copy for the coffee table. Using money.