13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    "Steve Jobs: the second coming of Christ"
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Ooh, you're right. iGod is better.

Been done, sort of (and by one of Steve's best pals).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Felix01 View Post

I doubt I will but might d/l off the torrents when it shows up. A bio which has SJ's stamp of approval means it'll say what he wants it to say. And considering how eccentric he is reported to be, I can't imagine it'll be worth it to me to spend "money" buying it.

But then again, maybe I'll be wrong and it'll turn out to be a fascinating read full of interesting and previously unreported details of SJ's life and second-source verified business dealings. In that case, yep, I'll buy a copy for the coffee table. Using money.

Not an original idea.

• Reply 43 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

I will actually use money to buy this book.

As opposed to what...
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PXT View Post

Why bother with someone else's biography when he could write an autobiography and say it his own way from his own point of view? Biographies are generally cold and lame.

Not always but often are. Maybe he should get Stephen Colbert to write it! He seems to be in Apple's good books!
  • Reply 45 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"Cooperation with Mr. Isaacson could be a sign that Mr. Jobs has emerged from his recent health battles with more of an interest in shaping his legacy," the [New York Times] report said.

I suspect that's right on the mark. Considering the average five-year survival rate for liver transplant patients is *67%, the legacy issue is obviously something Jobs would be thinking about. Still, that's pretty good odds. After the Jobs transplant, Science Magazine reported some patients have survived over three decades post-transplant.

*OTOH, WSJ claimed a 73-something percent five-year survival rate when the Jobs transplant story broke.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by knightlie View Post

Let's have a whip-round and get Steve Ballmer a copy.

Could we ask him to sign it?