Apple to sell iPad at Best Buy and other assisted locations

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I know it's not intentional, it's just part of that blind USA smuggery that no one who lives down there even notices they are doing when they do it. However polite Canadians might be though, we aren't dumb and people notice these kinds of things and remember them, even if we can't do anything about it.

We can do something about it...buy Nortel, RIM and Corel products....ohhhh wait.

OK one of those will do.
  • Reply 42 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

I would believe iPhone OS 4.0 will, considering iPhone OS 3.1.x already can. I can listen to my iPod music while surfing the web, check an email, go back to the exact spot I left my web page, copy an image from the web onto my phone, check my pictures, go back to my web page (again, exactly how I left it), double tap my home button to switch songs, all while having my emailed pushed to me through MobileMe in the background. I can take a call and look up directions, emails, web pages, etc. at the same time as well. There, you should be happy!

That's not the true multitasking most of us are waiting (and waiting) for.
  • Reply 43 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

i am sorry that apple chose such poor re sellers. Can't you buy apple products direct from the online Apple store ??

Of course we can: http://www.apple.com/ca/ and http://store.apple.com/ca/
    Notice the similarities? Eh.
    Don't be hoodwinked by Gazoobee's bullshit.

http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/storelist/
    Our price are primarily reflected by the US/Canada exchange rate.

Right now you could purchase a 17-inc MacBook Pro (listed on your U.S. Apple Store for $2499 US) in Canada for $37 US less, i.e., $2,462 US. But you have to hurry. Our dollar is going up.
  • Reply 44 of 51
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DCJ001 View Post

And that is what is so great about it!

Manage digital images, music, video, and surf the web and use e-mail.

Plus, have access to about 150,000 applications, with a ten hour battery life, on about a ten inch screen!

[CENTER]Hmm?

Sounds strikingly similar to my new Lenovo S10-3t except my S10-3t also has:

An actual keyboard, a 10.1 inch Capacitive Mulit-touch display with handwriting recognition, Web Camera, UBS ports, A Multi-Card Reader, a PCIe card slot, and access to over a million applications (not just apps/widgets).

[/CENTER]
  • Reply 45 of 51
    chiachia Posts: 714member
    When Apple unveiled the Aluminium Macbook in November 08 it was available to buy in the UK at the same time as the US but the UK carriers seem to get the iPhone well after the US carriers.

This makes me suspect that these phased global releases of the iPhone are more to do with the phone carriers than with Apple itself.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

[CENTER]Hmm?

Sounds strikingly similar to my new Lenovo S10-3t except my S10-3t also has:

An actual keyboard, a 10.1 inch Capacitive Mulit-touch display with handwriting recognition, Web Camera, UBS ports, A Multi-Card Reader, a PCIe card slot, and access to over a million applications (not just apps/widgets).

[/CENTER]

When did you get yours? My understanding it is not released yet and is only available for pre-ordering.
  • Reply 47 of 51
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

When did you get yours? My understanding it is not released yet and is only available for pre-ordering.

Seems you're right. Amazon says it is not shipping yet, and Lenovo's site says ships in 16 business days, which I think translates to just over 3 weeks. Unless there's some sort of back channel involved, it looks like imagined ownership.
  • Reply 48 of 51
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    I remember that the original Lenovo S10 was in Europe before it was here. I was reading German reviews before I got mine here.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

I remember that the original Lenovo S10 was in Europe before it was here. I was reading German reviews before I got mine here.

Where are you?
  • Reply 50 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Where are you?

We traced the post back to it's point of origin... and it came from INSIDE YOUR HOUSE!
  • Reply 51 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

We traced the post back to it's point of origin... and it came from INSIDE YOUR HOUSE!

You may be right.

I had to kick my brother-in-law out of the house. Actually, I didn't have to. But it was a good idea at the time. Actually, it was a good idea at any time.

And it wouldn't surprise me that he left his shit behind.