Steve Ballmer praises Apple for creation of iPhone App Store

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    The search box is paid for. The default search engine pays the browser company big bucks for that privilege. Unless MSFT is willing to pay more than GOOG then it is just business as usual. Adding Bing to the list of supported search engines would not be a bad thing for consumers but the top default position should be whoever is willing to pay the most.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    Hopefully this doesn't end up like the Mactopia debacle of the late '90s. Somehow a public announcement of a larger commitment to the Mac ended up with the platform receiving far less support than it did before! Office, IE and Microsoft's gaming offerings withered on the vine immediately afterwards.
  • Reply 83 of 87
    avidfcpavidfcp Posts: 381member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

I bet what's going on here is that MS is pursuing a contingency plan in case they totally lose the battle for the mobile phone market. They will still want to get not only Bing, but also all their other software and services to mobile users. They probably see Apple as the best platform for doing that if their own platform fails.

But nobody at Apple should assume that MS has given up on their own platform. They will definitely try to push WinMo phones, and they will probably have some success (unless that AI story about MS selling a Zune phone that is incompatible with the WinMo phones is true.... and I just can't believe that story... MS just can't be that dumb).

No no no. Vista selling three times faster and that doesn't include business, the courier is said to be reaped by msft only not oems and eveyone will have an app store soon and wasn't there a story that if you can write for xbox and one other thing you automatically become a programmer for their new app store and I a pto app user apologist.

I do think if the courier is real, it's going to be huge, msft is building a relationship so they can write apps for both the courier and ipad.

Time will tell.
  • Reply 84 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

I bet what's going on here is that MS is pursuing a contingency plan in case they totally lose the battle for the mobile phone market. They will still want to get not only Bing, but also all their other software and services to mobile users. They probably see Apple as the best platform for doing that if their own platform fails.

But nobody at Apple should assume that MS has given up on their own platform. They will definitely try to push WinMo phones, and they will probably have some success (unless that AI story about MS selling a Zune phone that is incompatible with the WinMo phones is true.... and I just can't believe that story... MS just can't be that dumb).

I don't thin MD is dumb. I just read vista selling three times more, that MS made their app store in a way that if you cam program xbox or flash (something else other than xvid), you can automatically program for their app store plusvthe MS Courier is rumored to be all theirs and not oem releases, and I'm a spple apologist with the exception of other codecs for ipohone and ipad, just QuickTime meaning free tv shows won't run. You have to purchase on iTunes. Boooo
  • Reply 85 of 87
    Repost
  • Reply 86 of 87
    Quote:

It's not uncommon for big companies to compete, sue each other, and work together at the same time.

True and Ironic.
  • Reply 87 of 87
    satcomersatcomer Posts: 130member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gFiz View Post

Cats and dogs, living together...mass hysteria!

Ghost Busters.