Apple releases Safari 4.0.5 with performance, stability improvements

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,509member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erunno View Post

With which Safari version? Prior to 4.0.5 even a pretty much squeaky clean install of OS X and Safari would start stalling the UI when top sites where working once the history grew to a certain size. There are also enough people complaining about this across the Interwebs (not to mention Apple's ongoing effort to fix it) to make it doubtful that these are single occurrences.

4.0.4 on 10.6.2, though it seemed to work fine before that. I haven't had time to update to 4.0.5 yet so I can't talk about it. My history's pretty long.

This has to be a somewhat isolated problem as most people don't seem to be experiencing it. I just checked my wife's machine, and it's fine there as well.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I can't stand Firefox.

Amen brother.

It's dog slow compared to Safari even with only a couple of extensions loaded.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eye Forget View Post

You have a problem. We have a mix of G4's and Intels here and other than the obvious cpu differences, Safari is just as quick. By comparison, Firefox is not.

I ll try clearing the cache or something then, I think history is bogging it down but I could be way wrong...
  • Reply 64 of 67
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Since updating Safari has crashed for me numerous times.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    upgrade last night. crashed already once (G4 Tiger). What happened? Anyone else got problem? thx
  • Reply 66 of 67
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,509member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1st View Post

upgrade last night. crashed already once (G4 Tiger). What happened? Anyone else got problem? thx

Two Intel machines here. No problems yet.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    dwimdwim Posts: 1member
    nkhm: My first post here, but... Was browsing to see comparisions betw S 4.0.5 and FF 3.6.3 (to see about switching to S). In your reply, you implied there is an equivalent to FF's MorningCoffee. May I ask, what is it? I have several add-ins in FF installed, am looking to (perhaps) switch. Thank you for your reply. I could list my FF add-ins, but being a nb, don't want to do so (yet).