Apple to accept U.S. iPad preorders starting at 8:30 a.m. Eastern

Comments

• Reply 61 of 109
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palex9 View Post

32 gb wifi version, yeah!

I guess that you know that the store is up.
  • Reply 62 of 109
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,295member
    16GB WF, done.
  • Reply 63 of 109
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,295member
    I own iGenius a debt of gratitude for indirectly teaching me how to use the "ignore" feature.
  • Reply 64 of 109
    reliasonreliason Posts: 135member
    OK, fan boy weakness moment... I just got done pre-ordering (32g WiFi).

I was going to wait to actually TOUCH it... but... the geek in my won out.

Damn you shiney object!
  • Reply 65 of 109
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

16GB WF, done.

It won't let me reserve one to pickup?!
  • Reply 66 of 109
    Ordered the 64gb + 3G and no problems with the site!
  • Reply 67 of 109
    No camera for those that thought the iPad might actually have one at release.
  • Reply 68 of 109
    igeniusigenius Posts: 1,240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reliason View Post

I was going to wait to actually TOUCH it... but... the geek in my won out.

The iPad is not made for geeks. I hope that you are not disappointed with its limitations.
  • Reply 69 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGuessSo View Post

So far sales have been pretty stagnant. Meanwhile Blackberry and Android devices are selling like crazy.

In re: to iGenius Statistical Analysis... I just pre-ordered mine, so sales will increase a gazillion % YOY on April 3-- Fact! Show me the chart on that vs Android!

• Reply 70 of 109
    64 gig wifi and also ordered zagg invisible shield....gonna be awesome
  • Reply 71 of 109
    3G, 64GB, no problems with the Store.
  • Reply 72 of 109
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,759member
    Pre ordered mine

Interestingly, the case "Ships by" April 3rd, so it looks like I'll get the iPad first.
  • Reply 73 of 109
    64GB+3G+Dock+Keyboard+VGA Adapter (no AppleCare), $600 in gift card and rest on CC -- flawless!

[Rubbing hands in glee....]
  • Reply 74 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aestival View Post

Worse still for those of us who live outside the U.S., where we don't even get to order... we're faced with an inexplicable wait that we've only rarely been faced with before. With the iPhone we waited here in Canada for non-Apple reasons, but in this case it's 100% Apple. Guess the US media is more important to Apple's sales strategy, but it's galling to have to wait for exactly the same hardware+software unit in marginally different packaging.

Sorry, I didn't know--really sucks when you have to wait longer. Hope that you can get one if you're in the market. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ORDER!!!
  • Reply 75 of 109
    creidcreid Posts: 5member
    Clicked at 2:29, no good. Clicked at 2:30. Ordered 16G WiFi. Now just need to get shipped from 'rents to here when it arrives
  • Reply 76 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

In re: to iGenius Statistical Analysis... I just pre-ordered mine, so sales will increase a gazillion % YOY on April 3-- Fact! Show me the chart on that vs Android!

Careful! You're talking arithmetic here, and our friend is.... well.... somewhat challenged on that score....
  • Reply 77 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

64GB+3G+Dock+Keyboard+VGA Adapter (no AppleCare), $600 in gift card and rest on CC -- flawless!

[Rubbing hands in glee....]

You have additional time to buy Apple Care. My daughter had it when her G3 PB died and Apple replaced it with the G4 PB at a minimal cost. It's a good deal because it gives you an extended warranty and can't complain about Apple's service--highly rated by Consumer's Reports.
  • Reply 78 of 109
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

You have additional time to buy Apple Care.

I'll get mine off of eBay. I wasn't going to get AppleCare on my Mac Pro, but I found it for half price on eBay - that was a no brainer. Hopefully can get the same for the iPad.

Oh yeah, I didn't get my corporate discount on the iPad Oh well... I don't know if that speaks more to Apple not making as much profit on it or them not anticipating a need to incintivize it.
  • Reply 79 of 109
    reliasonreliason Posts: 135member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Pre ordered mine

Interestingly, the case "Ships by" April 3rd, so it looks like I'll get the iPad first.

Yeah, weird stuff.

iPad Delivers on 4/3

iPad Keyboard Doc delivers 4/20

iPad Case ships in by 4/3
  • Reply 80 of 109
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Has anyone else noticed the Silent/Ringer switch has been scrapped for a Screen Rotation Lock switch?

Can't say that I'm happy about that, at all. Why not make that a software setting? the iPad makes all the same sounds as the iPod Touch or iPhone, and I LIKE being able to Mute/UnMute all those sounds with one click on the side.

Poor decision in my view.