The iPad Has Shipped!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 62
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,295member
    ANCHORAGE, AK, US\t03/30/2010\t1:01 P.M.\tARRIVAL SCAN

It is no longer showing exception.
  • Reply 22 of 62
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Still same cryptic note as above for me. Still clearing further clearance by the clearance people. I think they're playing with my iPad, and I wish they'd cut it out.
  • Reply 23 of 62
    OK, I'm starting to second guess my purchase. I think jumping on a 16GB model of a 3G'less version of an untested product was a bad idea...

I should have gone for the 32GB. Fortunately, I reserved one at my local Apple store. I think I will accept delivery of my iPad, take it to the Apple store, and exchange it for the next model up. Don't know if I will be able to pull it off, but it is worth a try. Of course this all depends on what time UPS delivers the package.

Oh, such exquisite anticipation. We are all insane.
  • Reply 24 of 62
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

OK, I'm starting to second guess my purchase. I think jumping on a 16GB model of a 3G'less version of an untested product was a bad idea...

I should have gone for the 32GB. Fortunately, I reserved one at my local Apple store. I think I will accept delivery of my iPad, take it to the Apple store, and exchange it for the next model up. Don't know if I will be able to pull it off, but it is worth a try. Of course this all depends on what time UPS delivers the package.

Oh, such exquisite anticipation. We are all insane.

Well, as long as you're insane you really should have gotten the Wi-Fi+3G 64GB version.
  • Reply 25 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Well, as long as you're insane you really should have gotten the Wi-Fi+3G 64GB version.

Don't you think I would have if they were available? Of course, I'm going for a 3G model as soon as they hit the shelves. I don't think I will have any trouble unloading the Wi-Fi version. I am anticipating a Wii style supply shortage and ebay will be very kind to those of us who will have one to sell.
  • Reply 26 of 62
    As of this evening, my iPad has suddenly shifted about 2,000 miles west to my local UPS sorting center, about ten miles from here -- as of 9AM tomorrow morning! All this without making any stops in between. But the status has reverted back to "UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY." Now I think they're messing with our minds. I'm half expecting to wake up Saturday morning with the box under my bedcovers.
  • Reply 27 of 62
    As of this morning, the "exception" status is gone -- but the package is back in Shenzhen. Either this is the world's best-travelled iPad, or it never left China in the first place. I suspect the latter. All of the other activity was probably internal UPS paperwork. Or they are just messing with our minds.
  • Reply 28 of 62
    Mine got as far as Louisville Kentucky before going back to Anchorage Alaska and returning to Louisville Kentucky.
  • Reply 29 of 62
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Mine got as far as Louisville Kentucky before going back to Anchorage Alaska and returning to Louisville Kentucky.

maybe yours is in two pieces?
  • Reply 30 of 62
    slaqrslaqr Posts: 2member
    This "jumping iPad phenomenon" really has to be nothing but paperwork issues, a point which is VERY well illustrated by the supposed "path" mine has taken:

03/29/2010 - Billing information received in "CN" @ 10:27PM

03/29/2010 - Origin Scan in "SHENZHEN, CN" @ 10:07PM (thats right, 20 minutes BEFORE the billing information was received

03/30/2010 - Package Flagged for "Internal Activity" in "LOUISVILLE, KY" @ unknown time

03/30/2010 - Package status changed to "BROKERAGE RELEASED SHIPMENT. SHIPMENT IS SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY FOR FURTHER CLEARANCE" @ 4:29PM

03/30/2010 - Package mysteriously back in "SHENZHEN, CN" @ 10:30PM, all tracking info previously indicated removed from tracking record

03/30/2010 - Package status updated to "ARRIVAL SCAN" at my local distribution center in "STURTEVANT, WI" @ 11:30 (approx.)

03/31/2010 - Package flagged for "INTERNAL ACTIVITY" @ 12:30 in "STURTEVANT, WI"

03/31/2010 - Package mysteriously back in "SHENZHEN, CN" @ 9:00AM. All tracking info mentioned previously has been wiped.

So we have gone from China > China > Kentucky > China > Wisconsin > China...gotta be paperwork
  • Reply 31 of 62
    I've got it figured out. Apple has ordered UPS to send out a bunch of decoy trucks and planes filled with cardboard iPad cutouts to throw off the people who might follow the vehicles. I predict the real iPads are being shipped by DHL.
  • Reply 32 of 62
    Quote:

I've got it figured out. Apple has ordered UPS to send out a bunch of decoy trucks and planes filled with cardboard iPad cutouts to throw off the people who might follow the vehicles. I predict the real iPads are being shipped by DHL.

I like your theory. Maybe the tracking info we've been getting isn't from UPS at all, but from a parallel universe where UPS is delivering the iPads. When my delivery arrives I will poke the driver to make sure he's real.
  • Reply 33 of 62
    There seems to be some evidence that Apple is holding back information that customs needs in order to insure that delivery doesn't occur before 3 April.

Here's the link thanks to tonton.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/03/...ming.purposes/
  • Reply 34 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post

There seems to be some evidence that Apple is holding back information that customs needs in order to insure that delivery doesn't occur before 3 April.

Here's the link thanks to tonton.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/03/...ming.purposes/

Of course that explanation is part of the truth, but it is the part that Apple wants us to know. The greater truth involves space aliens and alternate universes as has already been revealed in this thread.
  • Reply 35 of 62
    toadietoadie Posts: 78member
    I ordered within the first 5 minutes that the iPad was available. A few days ago, Apple put a hold on some cash from my debit account, but the hold went away. A day later, the iPad shipped. The money is still in my account (according to my online banking, which tends to be accurate). Did Apple forget to charge me? Anyone else checked their balance?
  • Reply 36 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toadie View Post

I ordered within the first 5 minutes that the iPad was available. A few days ago, Apple put a hold on some cash from my debit account, but the hold went away. A day later, the iPad shipped. The money is still in my account (according to my online banking, which tends to be accurate). Did Apple forget to charge me? Anyone else checked their balance?

I would call your bank and speak to a human if I were you. The money should be gone from your account.
  • Reply 37 of 62
    My card has not been charged yet, presumably because it takes longer for electrons to be processed through black holes.
  • Reply 38 of 62
    Mine still lists as if they only created the UPS order, but have not delivered it to UPS. I hope it gets on a plane soon, because China/HK to New York is a long trip.
  • Reply 39 of 62
    magaromagaro Posts: 2member
    Looks like things are starting to move:

Location Date\t Local Time\tDescription

GUANGZHOU, CN\t 04/02/2010 4:10 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
  • Reply 40 of 62
    Exact same as above, and my card has been charged. They are on the move for real now. To the distribution centers tomorrow, into our hot little hands on Saturday.