The iPad Has Shipped!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,295member
    Mine still shows Louisville, KY as it has for the last two days. That location is a little less than 6 hrs. away from the city where I live.

On a slightly different note, I have already downloaded six free iPad apps and one paid app: Pages. Anyone else engaging in obsessive, fanboy behavior? Please tell me I am not alone.
  • Reply 42 of 62
    toadietoadie Posts: 78member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

On a slightly different note, I have already downloaded six free iPad apps and one paid app: Pages. Anyone else engaging in obsessive, fanboy behavior? Please tell me I am not alone.

I've spent over $100 on apps already. Got the whole iWork suite, some games, some productivity, some free stuff... I cannot wait for this thing.
  • Reply 43 of 62
    magaromagaro Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toadie View Post

I've spent over $100 on apps already. Got the whole iWork suite, some games, some productivity, some free stuff... I cannot wait for this thing.

I find myself going to Gizmodo, Engadget, etc. and just skimming thru the iPad-bashing comments and LingMFAO. It's about the apps - I've got >2GB of newly purchased "content" waiting for my 64 GB jewel to show up.

I can't believe that supposedly rational people are enthusiastically waiting for the "HP Slate" to show up - what are they going to do with it - practice writing their signature with their finger all day????????????

Wait! They'll have Flash! That changes everything!

Doesn't it?..........................
  • Reply 44 of 62
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    I've been browsing the store for iPad apps. Almost pulled the trigger on Pages and Keynote. May do it tomorrow -- they're probably going to get slammed on Saturday.

My status still shows China, but I suspect it will until it arrives at my local distribution center or goes out for delivery.
  • Reply 45 of 62
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    All the lucky people in the US... I have to wait another month before I can get my iPad.

---

Looked at some of the apps in the US app store. Some look cool (especially iWork; get it, Dr!) and we are really beginning to see what the extra screen space will do. Sadly, Omni Group has priced their apps at a premium, so I won't be buying in. Can't wait to see a few more audio apps and maybe a microphone soon from Logitec or so (I think it was Logitec that recently made a mic for the iPhone... would be nice to have a wired mic).

Be sure to let us know how the apps work.
  • Reply 46 of 62
    I plan on buying them today... but I wonder. Does anyone know if iTunes will automatically sync all of my downloaded apps to the iPad, including the ones I already have for my iPod touch? I won't want all of my iPod software on the iPad, and vice-versa, of course.
  • Reply 47 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I plan on buying them today... but I wonder. Does anyone know if iTunes will automatically sync all of my downloaded apps to the iPad, including the ones I already have for my iPod touch? I won't want all of my iPod software on the iPad, and vice-versa, of course.

If it works like all other iDevices, when you connect it for the first time to iTunes, you will be given the option to select what media, including apps, you wish to load on the new device.

On a totally different note, my case has shipped and is estimated to arrive 4,3. It is coming by FedEx. What a nice surprise that will be.
  • Reply 48 of 62
    I had a closer look at how iTunes manages apps, and I think you're right. When I downloaded the iPad apps today, iTunes created a section just for iPad apps.
  • Reply 49 of 62
    Well, I'm certainly obsessive about following my shipment. If I'm a fanboy, so be it.

I haven't bought any iPad-specific apps yet, but will in the next 24 hours. After iWorks, my first purchases will be my can't-live-without 1Password and TextExpander.

Obsessive tracking documented in my blog entry thus:

http://gknutson.blogspot.com/2010/04...s-shipped.html
  • Reply 50 of 62
    Time for another obsessive tracking update:

Both my iPad and the case are on trucks in my city. With any luck, I will get both items in time to make it to the Apple store and enjoy the circus.

Happy iPad Day!
  • Reply 51 of 62
    First to receive theirs has to post unboxing pics!
  • Reply 52 of 62
    Mine left an airport about 100 miles from here at 8:16 AM. I can't see how it will arrive here before noon, but stranger things have happened.
  • Reply 53 of 62
    From following things on Twitter, it seems that UPS tracking is all messed up today.

Many people say their tracking status (like mine) did NOT show "out for delivery", yet they got their iPads.

Still waiting here, but more hopeful...

Wish it would show the hell up though...we've got plans out and about today, and we're kinda stuck here until it arrives... :/
  • Reply 54 of 62
    wilwil Posts: 170member
    I got mine, problem is, my iPad cannot connect to iTunes. I did everything including calling Apple support and from the look of things, I have to go to Apple store in N. Michigan Ave to get a replacement.
  • Reply 55 of 62
    toadietoadie Posts: 78member
    This is terrible. The mail room in my building wasn't open until noon, and the delivery attempt was made at 10:40 AM. I have to wait until MONDAY??????????? FML. again... FML.

To make it worse... I have one reserved at the Apple Store Upper West Side, but I don't have another $600 to spend (and what would I do with two of them... wait... don't answer that.)
  • Reply 56 of 62
    The shuttle has landed! Syncing now. No problems. I'm just waiting on the case from FedEx. Once that arrives, I will head over to the Apple store to pick up a dock.
  • Reply 57 of 62
    Still waiting for mine. Did anyone get a robocall from UPS before the delivery?
  • Reply 58 of 62
    Mine arrived at 10:20 AM PDT. The driver said that mine was his first delivery of the day and there were a bunch more of iPads in the truck, He also said that they had an additional 50 drivers working today.

I've unpacked it but won't have a chance to set it up until after lunch.
  • Reply 59 of 62
    Mine arrived minutes before noon. I asked the driver why the package never showed as out for delivery but he said he didn't know anything about that.

Yes, sent from my iPad!
  • Reply 60 of 62
    My iPad has landed!

UPS delivered it at 12:13 p.m.

It immediately located my Airport WiFi network (along with one from a neighbor) and I set it to use mine. Perfect. No futzing around.

Setup was quite straightforward, although it led me into the woods for a while, trying to sync data from my MobileMe account which I rarely use).

Once I stepped back and selected "restore from iPhone" data, it went busily to work. It downloaded videos, selected photos, music, apps et al plus all iCal info and 128 of my last Mail messages. (Why that number of messages? I've got to do some digging.) It automatically asked permission to access from other mail accounts,just like my iPhone did. Cool.

My main pain in the neck is that it's asking for passwords for a lot of apps. I'll get to that in a bit.

Right now I want to go through the built-in tutorial.

I'm a happy camper!