First Look: iPad

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106
    edougedoug Posts: 12member
    1. The Need to flip between orientations is a limiting factor and will continue to be even after the release of a stand that does the rotation for you. This is a real disruption to productive flow and too many apps bottle functions needed by the user in only one orientation

2. Some sites (turbotax) cling to flash still

3. *iWork needs an export to iDisk

4. *Mail needs the ability to create folders to assist in organization

5. In any apps, cut/copy/paste work, but not other Mac shortcuts

6. In Safari, you can tab between the address bar and the search bar, but not through page elements on the screen or shortcuts to go forward or back in web history or create a new browser (tab) window.

7. Would be nice to have some kinda shared storage place that is local to the device.

8. I need to delete playlists from ipod function

9. The voice recorder app is not present, so an important note taking tool is missing from the iPad. The voice recorder had that great advantage of being supported in the background.
  • Reply 102 of 106
    veblenveblen Posts: 201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josh.B. View Post

Seemingly you did not watch the keynote. It is available on You Tube.

You missed my post almost immediately afterwards where I admitted my mistake.
  • Reply 103 of 106
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DerPlanck View Post

Because it doesn't need one.

Except, it does have one. You just have to subscribe to apples normal nickel and dime operation to get it
  • Reply 104 of 106
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,731member
    I can now say after using an iPad none stop for two days that Apple need to add an additional feature to Safari. When an ad is accidentally clicked, as happens, the window closes and a new page opens. To return to the previous 'page' requires far too many steps for a novice user. It is simple enough for me but I notice people I let try the iPad get totally lost as to how to get back to where they were.

To explain to people without an iPad yet, the current page is stored and the ad page opens, rather like a pop up if you will. There is no obvious way to go back as this new page has no active back button since it is a new page. You have to close the page and use the saved pages section to find the page you were on which was automatically saved for you and reopen it. As I say this totally confuses many users I tested. I would also point out no one even figured out how to 'close the page' either, instead they quit and reopened Safari. Then they started over either opening the app (as in a saved home screen icon of a Safari page) if it had one or reopening Safari and retyping the URL. This leaves an endless trail of saved pages as well as getting them very frustrated after this happens several times.

IMHO this would be simply solved with a the ability of the 'back button' to be able to not only take you back to the previous page but also back to the previous opened page seamlessly. This would necessitate also closing the current one and I think asking 'want to save this page?'. There may be better ways than the one I suggest but Apple need to make these unwanted open pages easier to escape from than the current interface allows for.
  • Reply 105 of 106
    alienzedalienzed Posts: 393member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CU10 View Post

The earth shook today.

Oh, and netbooks are toast.

toast you say? Were they toast when the iPod touch or iPhone came out? Because the iPad is just a huge frickin' iPod Touch. Apple once again has misunderstood it's user base and created something with no real value over any other product. iPad is Apple TV all over again... useless.
  • Reply 106 of 106
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

toast you say? Were they toast when the iPod touch or iPhone came out? Because the iPad is just a huge frickin' iPod Touch. Apple once again has misunderstood it's user base and created something with no real value over any other product. iPad is Apple TV all over again... useless.

Interesting. You claim it's a "huge frickin' iPod Touch" then say it's "useless" and "has misunderstood it's user base and created something with no real value" which infers that the iPod Touch also falls into that category. How many iPod Touches have they sold? How many tablets were sold last year? 1 million and the sold 300k in one day? Hmm...