Canadian wireless carrier claims next-gen iPhone to arrive in June

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

As an owner of both (I've had two generations of iPod touches in the past), I prefer the thicker shape of the iPhone. It's easier to grip.

Yeah, I use a thick silicone case from Speck for my iPod touch. The added bulk makes it easier to grip.
  • Reply 22 of 60
    iChat isn't a strong enough selling point to sway me from 4G hotspot tethering with the HTC EVO and it's monumental feature list. Seriously... I can't even get phone calls on AT&T... how the hell am I suppose to do video chat with someone? Crap service is crap service is crap service.
  • Reply 23 of 60
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Core2 View Post

Lol, too funny, even funnier because SaskTel is owned by their provincial government....but then , that explains it doesn't it....

It's a crown corporation, meaning its funded by the government, but I'm not sure if "owned" is quite right in a standard sense.

People's GSM 3G phones from out of province already seem to be working on the network
  • Reply 24 of 60
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

No, it will not.

Your car kit (like mine) uses the Firewire circuitry for charging. Apple has deprecated Firewire functionality for the dock connector.

You will need an adapter cable for your car kit. I use the iSimple ReVolt in my car for my 3rd generation iPod touch.

My current car kit supports USB power and charges the iPhone, but I still get the "incompatible accessory" error message.
  • Reply 25 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffreytgilbert View Post

...Seriously... I can't even get phone calls on AT&T...Crap service is crap service is crap service.

Not all of us get crap service on our iPhones. AT&T works just fine for me in NJ
  • Reply 26 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FormerARSgm View Post

In a related news story.... "Apple announced today that SaskTel's ability to sell iPhones was reversed due to a breach of contract pertaining to the confidentiality clause both parties signed. This announcement was a bitter pill to swallow for Robert Watson, the president and CEO of SaskTel who announed his resignation today after investors realized his foot was just not big enough to fit in his mouth - thus costing SaskTel millions in revenue."

Nice.

Actually, wasn't there an article not too long ago that stated that leaks like these were carefully cultivated by Apple itself as part of its marketing strategy?

What do you want to bet SaskTel had permission to "leak" this info?
  • Reply 27 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

Guess SaskTel customers can expect their first shipments to arrive sometime in Dec now.

Not like this wasn't expected.

Yah, way to go Watson. Do you have any idea how much this leak has probably infuriated the Steve?
  • Reply 28 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

My current car kit supports USB power and charges the iPhone, but I still get the "incompatible accessory" error message.

This contradicts your previous statement "my old car kit was rendered partially useless (from a charging standpoint)".

So it does charge. What functionality has been lost? My iPod car kit (the Peripheral one from 2005) doesn't display error messages at all.
  • Reply 29 of 60
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,056member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

We already knew that. We also know that Apple will make the announcement on WWDC 2010 as usual. So we actually need the dates for WWDC 2010.

The general consensus among rumor site publishers is that Apple reserved Moscone for June 28-July 2 for WWDC 10 although they haven't announced it yet. Then there's supposedly separate evidence they reserved Yerba Buena for June 22 to do an iPhone HD press event. So the July 1st date is certainly reasonable according to those dates. Would be a good way to kick off the Independence Day Weekend this year and no doubt bolster sales through the roof on that 3-4 day weekend.

Whenever it is, I'll be sitting in front of the Palo Alto store 3 days before first in the queue playing with my iPad. Can't wait. I'm fanatical-obsessive about being #1 for each new iPhone Release at the University Avenue Palo Alto Store.

Didn't do the iPad launch because I want the 64GB 3G model which I have on first-in first-out mail order from MacConnection. Already have my Apple iPad Case, ZAGG Invisible Shield Maximum and NewerTech NuGuard Black Premium Silicone Protective Casing.
  • Reply 30 of 60
    Quote:

This contradicts your previous statement "my old car kit was rendered partially useless (from a charging standpoint)".

So it does charge. What functionality has been lost? My iPod car kit (the Peripheral one from 2005) doesn't display error messages at all.

I have 2 cars. The older car (with the older car kit) doesn't charge the iPhone but will control it. I still get the error message about "unsupported accessory" and the suggestion to switch to airplane more. The newer car (with the newer kit) sorta works. It charges and controls the iPhone, but I still get the "unsupported accessory" message. I wonder what actually makes it an "unsupported accessory"?
  • Reply 31 of 60
    Quote:

Yeah, I use a thick silicone case from Speck for my iPod touch. The added bulk makes it easier to grip.

Yeah, I have a the Mophe battery charger case...which doubles the battery life (I think) great for being on a plane. It's white with 4 blue neon lights on the back indicating charge on my white iPhone. Adds sa lot of bulk.

My friend say it looks like it was make for a Star Wars 'Storm Trooper!' I have to agree!

On a second note: My friend took me to a Nuggets game, skybox his company pays $7K/mo for....I looked around at the other skyboxes and there were all these 'fat,' 'pink,' 'soft,' 'balding' 50 year olds all texting like mad on their blackberries!

My friend, who is a financial analyst for his company has a 'dumb' phone and said all his email is on his work desktop right now and can bloody-well wait till morning! Thank you very much! He has a point!
  • Reply 32 of 60
    morkymorky Posts: 200member
    In related news, the Earth completed another revolution in the past 24 hours.
  • Reply 33 of 60
    Quote:

In a related news story.... "Apple announced today that SaskTel's ability to sell iPhones was reversed due to a breach of contract pertaining to the confidentiality clause both parties signed. This announcement was a bitter pill to swallow for Robert Watson, the president and CEO of SaskTel who announed his resignation today after investors realized his foot was just not big enough to fit in his mouth - thus costing SaskTel millions in revenue."

Nice.

Would you mind providing a link to this story? I can't tell if it's a joke you made up or if this really happened today. Thanks.

Did Apple really cancel their deal with SaskTel over this? If so that blows my mind. And what an idiot is Bob Watson for spilling the beans against the agreement he had with Apple not to. He certainly should have known better than to say anything before Apple does. It's common knowledge Jobs will kill relationships over the smallest of leaks in advance of new product announcements.

I'm flabbergasted over what both sides did on this one if it really happened.

Your post is on Google as if it happened. But there is no other Google listing saying he resigned. What is the truth please?
  • Reply 34 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

I have 2 cars. The older car (with the older car kit) doesn't charge the iPhone but will control it. I still get the error message about "unsupported accessory" and the suggestion to switch to airplane more. The newer car (with the newer kit) sorta works. It charges and controls the iPhone, but I still get the "unsupported accessory" message. I wonder what actually makes it an "unsupported accessory"?

Beats me.

I have a SendStation PocketDock with line-out and I noticed that my 3rd generation iPod touch does not output line-out audio with this accessory (my iPod classic and 1st generation iPod touch work correctly).

It seems like Apple did more than deprecate the Firewire circuitry.
  • Reply 35 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

Would you mind providing a link to this story? I can't tell if it's a joke you made up or if this really happened today. Thanks.

Did Apple really cancel their deal with SaskTel over this? If so that blows my mind. And what an idiot is Bob Watson for spilling the beans against the agreement he had with Apple not to. He certainly should have known better than to say anything before Apple does. It's common knowledge Jobs will kill relationships over the smallest of leaks in advance of new product announcements.

I'm flabbergasted over what both sides did on this one if it really happened.

Your post is on Google as if it happened. But there is no other Google listing saying he resigned. What is the truth please?

He was joking.
  • Reply 36 of 60
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:

Nice.

you should know better. there would be NO announcement from apple. robert watson would be quietly moved to nunavut.
  • Reply 37 of 60
    Quote:

He was joking.

Well his "JOKE" is now listed on Google as if it really happened. I couldn't tell he was joking. How can you?
  • Reply 38 of 60
    Quote:

Beats me.

I have a SendStation PocketDock with line-out and I noticed that my 3rd generation iPod touch does not output line-out audio with this accessory (my iPod classic and 1st generation iPod touch work correctly).

It seems like Apple did more than deprecate the Firewire circuitry.

Ain't it the truth. I've got an older iPod car charger/line out accessory that works fine with my 160GB iPod classic but won't even give me line out from my iPhone 3G or my new Nano. There's either something in the newer accessories that let the iPhone/iPod know that it should output line-level audio or they changed the pin-out (I'm guessing).
  • Reply 39 of 60
    rraburrabu Posts: 264member
    This rumour is completely false and fabricated. I'm in Saskatchewan and Sasktel will NOT have an upgraded network by the June time frame. Maybe they mean June 2011?

http://www.cellphones.ca/news/post0011228/
  • Reply 40 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

Well his "JOKE" is now listed on Google as if it really happened. I couldn't tell he was joking. How can you?

The winking smiley that he used.