So who here WON'T Jailbreak when it is Multitasking at stake?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    What version of software did your house come with?

Is there a new version that is more compatible with new houses?

On a tangent I notice there is still no Skype over 3G on iPhone.

I like thinking of you with rosy cheeks from all the face palms, have another one.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

OK.

AFK...the New Home Warranty just expired on my house. So, I need to go buy a new house. My realtor says so.

• Reply 22 of 27
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

What version of software did your house come with?

Is there a new version that is more compatible with new houses?

On a tangent I notice there is still no Skype over 3G on iPhone.

I like thinking of you with rosy cheeks from all the face palms, have another one.

Uh oh, you are getting yourself confused again...remember, you brought up the house analogy, so if you think it was stupid and dumb analogy that was full of holes, perhaps you will put more thought into your posts...we can all hope.

Nope, no 3G Skype yet. At least we both have a agree on reality in this case. I mean, imagine the thought process that would make someone blame Skype for not having a 3G version during Apple's prohibition of the feature...just imagine. I for one, am glad the Canadian school system taught basic logic.

Uh oh, gotta go look for a new car...I think I have a flat tire...
  • Reply 23 of 27
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Except that Skype clearly stated that they DID have a 3G version at that time, which still has not materialised.

It costs money to upgrade things for whatever reason, trying to make an old thing work like a new thing is not always a good idea.

(:d evil:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

imagine the thought process that would make someone blame Skype for not having a 3G version during Apple's prohibition of the feature...

• Reply 24 of 27
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Enable wallpapers

Quote:

Similar to the hack which enabled multitasking on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G running iPhone OS 4 Beta, the following step by step instructions will help you enable Wallpapers support which like multitasking, was locked down by Apple for the mentioned devices.

Okay, who here is going to defend this? Are we really to believe that the 3G iPhone is incapable of showing wallpaper without some huge performance hit?

Please... as someone who owned a 2G iPhone and enabled MMS support, and had previously heavily hacked his 3G to allow this level of customization, this is just a ridiculous thing Apple is doing with regard to disabling this particular feature. Apple makes themsevles look worse in such cases because it makes it sound as if their software is so bloated, it can't display a background picture unless it has an ARM Cortex A8@600 MHz available.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

Except that Skype clearly stated that they DID have a 3G version at that time, which still has not materialised.

Yep, that's the thought process. Thanks for demonstrating.

Quote:

It costs money to upgrade things for whatever reason, trying to make an old thing work like a new thing is not always a good idea.

Which for anyone paying attention, was never the point. The point was to try something. Nothing about making it work like new.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Enable wallpapers

Okay, who here is going to defend this? Are we really to believe that the 3G iPhone is incapable of showing wallpaper without some huge performance hit?

Please... as someone who owned a 2G iPhone and enabled MMS support, and had previously heavily hacked his 3G to allow this level of customization, this is just a ridiculous thing Apple is doing with regard to disabling this particular feature. Apple makes themsevles look worse in such cases because it makes it sound as if their software is so bloated, it can't display a background picture unless it has an ARM Cortex A8@600 MHz available.

Do you really have to ask who? They will miss the point entirely.

I guess wallpaper requires a really robust CPU. Folders too.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

No one has said it's a performance issue.

Apple have said that the lack of wallpaper is simply a bug in the 3G version of OS4. It will get fixed along with the other bugs.

All this drama-queenery is unnecessary.

C.