Purported prototype next-gen iPhone has MicroSIM slot, two cameras

Comments

• Reply 21 of 86
    number9number9 Posts: 14member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

Two cameras? Welcome to 2009, Apple.

Not to start something, but how many mainstream smart or dumbphones have more than one camera right now in the U.S.? Not many, that I can think of. No BlackBerry, no new HTC.

Defintely like the possible ceramic back, would be a step up in finish over the current plastic. Picturing the aluminum frame shown in these pictures replaced with something akin to the edges of the iPad- one piece machined/cast aluminum with black metal buttons and switches- I can see this looking very Apple and very motivational for me to upgrade my 3G this summer.
  • Reply 22 of 86
    soskoksoskok Posts: 107member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gotApple View Post

Flash as in "Adobe's Flash"?

Adobe? What is Adobe?
  • Reply 23 of 86
    IF this is 'real', could it be Apple Product Placement subterfuge?
  • Reply 24 of 86
    nano_tubenano_tube Posts: 114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

I considered the prototype theory. ... but I don't think it is.

This does not look a prototype compnent.

This image came from China. Would chinese manufacturers have access to a prototype?

This is a production part.

C.

True. If this is real and comes from China this is probably not a prototype but the actual production model.

Anyway, it looks very nice.

• Reply 25 of 86
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordaniels View Post

also, i'm surprised no one has made a bigger deal about the 80gb storage capacity

80 = 64+16

c.
  • Reply 26 of 86
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Removable battery = the entire thing is fake. Move on.
  • Reply 27 of 86
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

80 = 64+16

c.

Which would be too expensive, even for a premium model. There isn't even a current 64 gb model, and there's no reason in the world why Apple would skip this interim storage step.

If they were going to start mismatching Flash storage to give us more, it would have started with the iPad, the device with more than enough room to accommodate several super star destroyers.
  • Reply 28 of 86
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wirespeed View Post

Yeah two cameras on a phone running an OS and with a UI that people actually want to buy. Welcome to 2010 g3pro!

I didn't realize that Apple controls 100% of the mobile operating system market.
  • Reply 29 of 86
    Quote:

80 = 64+16

c.

All three previous models of the iPhone have only been able to hold one NAND chip because there's not enough room with all the radios inside. That's why the iPod Touch can hold 64gb (two 32gb chips) and the iPhone can only hold 32. With the new, double resolution screen and two cameras, I doubt there's suddenly enough room to slip another chip in there.
  • Reply 30 of 86
    williamgwilliamg Posts: 322member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordaniels View Post

The pictures of the clean phone where you can see all the different angles clearly doesn't have two screws in the bottom next to the dock connector, but the picture of the smudged phone obviously does. These are two different prototypes/fakes.

It is comical that AppleInsider has fallen for it. The photos are obviously of two different devices.

One has screws on the bottom, and the other does not. Which of them was "found on the floor of a bar"?

Har!
  • Reply 31 of 86
    Quote:

I considered the prototype theory. ... but I don't think it is.

This does not look a prototype compnent.

This image came from China. Would chinese manufacturers have access to a prototype?

This is a production part.

C.

If the new iPhone looks like the leaked photos, it is FUGLY.

I don't think any of this is real.
  • Reply 32 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

If the new iPhone looks like the leaked photos, it is FUGLY.

I don't think any of this is real.

Funny, people said exactly the same thing about the "plastic" 3G phone.

C.
  • Reply 33 of 86
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    It probably no longer works due to the fact it was found on a the floor of a bar. It was probably dropped. I wouldn't get too excited about conspiracy theories when the device obviously took a tumble, and probably onto a tile, cement, or hard wood floor as is common inside a bar.

I think of the features the chat about, I am most excited about the flash, and the processor. Assuming it gets a similar treatment to the iPad, should make for some stellar performance. I don't really care about the front facing camera as I don't use video chat. About the only perk there is that self portraits will be easier

(they should update the text in the summary though to indicate that it 'will indeed have a flash', rather than 'will indeed have flash'.

I also hope they stick with the buttons shown. I can't stand the buttons they have now on the side. They are difficult to toggle.
  • Reply 34 of 86
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    I wouldn't mind an iPad like backing for the 4th gen iPhone. Some people say that the metal backing could interfere with 3G signals, but if the iPad has it, can't an iPhone? Also, isn't the MacBook using a plastic unibody? I think they could use the MacBook unibody composite for an iPad looking back.

As for these pics? Ugly. Might as well get a Droid if I want something ugly.
  • Reply 35 of 86
    Iphone 4 supporting Flash? I dont know how Ipad owners will feel about this.
  • Reply 36 of 86
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psylence2k View Post

No, if you follow the link, it will have A flash. The summary is badly worded.
  • Reply 37 of 86
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

What I find most interesting is that it won't boot anymore. If it is a legit Apple unit, I wonder if they used a remote kill switch to deactivate it.

Or it could require special flavour Apple Labs-iTunes each time in order to continue working and jut a charger or public vanilla iTunes will make it realise it's not in Kansas anymore and go into stealth-possum mode.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

It probably no longer works due to the fact it was found on a the floor of a bar

So it should recover in a day or two...
  • Reply 38 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I wouldn't mind an iPad like backing for the 4th gen iPhone.

Aluminum is opaque to microwaves.

The iPad gets around it by having an Apple shaped logo-hole to squirt its Wifi into the world.

This is not a good design for a phone. It needs a large antenna window. And the innovation in this device is a glassy ceramic back that creates a large radio-transparent window for optimal reception.

The new design is a slab of aluminum sandwiched between two slices of black glass.

What's not to like?

C.
  • Reply 39 of 86
    soskoksoskok Posts: 107member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psylence2k View Post

Ever heard of Flash Lights ? Check out your photo camera there is one.
  • Reply 40 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

As for these pics? Ugly. Might as well get a Droid if I want something ugly.

"Instead, multiple sources have confirmed that the unit was actually a fake iPhone device that is supposedly available to buy over in Japan."

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/...terfeit-model/

"New iPhone 4G Spy Photos surface and are fake"

http://iphone.appmobilize.com/mobile...e-and-are-fake

"IPhoneWorld.ca: (Fake) iPhone 4G ?prorotype? found"

http://technews.am/conversations/iph...novophone_is_r