Oprah gushes over 'amazing' new Apple iPad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 92
    Gush is such a loaded word.
  • Reply 22 of 92
    moosomooso Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

She actually bought a new car for each of 276 people in her audience in 2004.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/5989964/

She will probably buy 3G x 64GB iPads for everyone this year.

Time will tell.

Oprah didn't buy anyone anything - they were donated by Pontiac - probably much cheaper for them than paying for an ad on her show! She gets too much credit for giving people stuff
  • Reply 23 of 92
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Yeah but those people were incensed that that "FREE" car wasn't exactly free as they had to fork over $1000.00+ bucks to pay for taxes!

According to the link in the article you quoted, Pontiac covered the taxes and customization. State taxes that is. And the numbers were more like $7,000 .
  • Reply 24 of 92
    Quote:

Yeah but those people were incensed that that "FREE" car wasn't exactly free as they had to fork over $1000.00+ bucks to pay for taxes!

According to the link in the article you quoted, Pontiac covered the taxes and customization.
  • Reply 25 of 92
    Fekk that psycho! Who wants an endorsement by someone who brings quacks on their show scaring people into NOT getting their kids vaccinated -- which WILL result in unprotected kids dying!!!!!?? She has all these quacks and sounds like a damn cult leader. she's a fraud that cares only about money - no better than Limbaugh or Beck, etc. Ugh. AI - ugh!!
  • Reply 26 of 92
    s4mb4s4mb4 Posts: 267member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LouisTheXIV View Post

Oh no! Here comes the stampede of soccer moms and suburban poser housewives into all Apple stores across the nation! Get out of the way!

i don't see that as a bad thing. UNLESS it is my wife.... i need her to spend LESS money.
  • Reply 27 of 92
    wonderwonder Posts: 229member
    Quote:

Yep, the entitled society.

They could always have said 'No Thanks'.

Ian
  • Reply 28 of 92
    zoolookzoolook Posts: 657member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregroberts View Post

Don't forget her pathetic endorsement of all Obama

Oh god, how did you get in here?
  • Reply 29 of 92
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    It's very strange to me how for some people the importance of this endorsement seems to come down to how they feel about Oprah. Poke fun at Oprah all you like (I do it myself) but if you don't know that she's one of the country's most important tastemakers, then you don't know anything. Having her endorse the iPad a big deal for Apple. Millions more iPads will fly out the doors of Apple stores because of her stamp of approval. That's bankable.
  • Reply 30 of 92
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LouisTheXIV View Post

Oh no! Here comes the stampede of soccer moms and suburban poser housewives into all Apple stores across the nation! Get out of the way!

And there goes the international launch date by another month. Hrmph...
  • Reply 31 of 92
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Oprah recently was consider the most trusted person in America... you ask why because she convinces people to give her stuff to give away to her audience. Talk about a cult, her followers are worst than all you Apple fanboys, you better hope they do not end up here once they all go out and buy ipads since god Oprah has told her followers it is a good thing for them.

Watch you will see Oprah show up on itunes with her pick of the week or month.

On a side note... Itunes will need to changes its name since it really does not say what it really is these days.
  • Reply 32 of 92
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdcat View Post

An endorsement from a woman who touted "A Million Little Pieces" and "The Secret" and regularly promotes as medical authorities such people as Mehmet Oz, Suzanne Somers, Jenny McCarthy is not something that Apple should welcome

On the contrary, it's exactly what's good for the iPad. The more popular, big names get behind it and promote it, the better.

Microstupid and the other also-rans would kill for this kind of endorsement. Use your head.
  • Reply 33 of 92
    notscottnotscott Posts: 247member
    WARNING: When you read the words OPRAH GUSHES do not read on.
  • Reply 34 of 92
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Oprah recently was consider the most trusted person in America... you ask why because she convinces people to give her stuff to give away to her audience. Talk about a cult, her followers are worst thean all you Apple fanboys, you better hope they do not end up here once they all go out and buy ipads since god Oprah has told her followers it is a good thing for them.

Whatever that means. I've never been comfortable throwing around the term "cult" especially as a substitute for the word "fan" or "taste," but that's just me.
  • Reply 35 of 92
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

And there goes the international launch date by another month. Hrmph...

I checked the US store after I read this to see if the shipping date had been pushed back even more. Not yet, still 5-7 days for WiFI and "by May 7th" for 3G.
  • Reply 36 of 92
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FormerARSgm View Post

... While Opera does a lot of very good things with her wealth and publicity, she has also made her share of blunders. ...

Yeah, "Dr. Phil" comes to mind.
  • Reply 37 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

On a side note... Itunes will need to changes its name since it really does not say what it really is these days.

Yes, and MTV can take the hint if they do change the name.
  • Reply 38 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I checked the US store after I read this to see if the shipping date had been pushed back even more. Not yet, still 5-7 days for WiFI and "by May 7th" for 3G.

Now that would have been freaky if the dates had been pushed further back.
  • Reply 39 of 92
    bigmc6000bigmc6000 Posts: 767member
    That answers that question... The iPad is most definitely a girl...
  • Reply 40 of 92
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,465member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregroberts View Post

Don't forget her pathetic endorsement of all Obama

McCain!!! hey... is that you?