chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post

Check again.

Handango

Palmgear

PocketGear

FreewarePalm

In the bad old days, both the OS manufacturer and lots of other locations had cool app stores for your phone.

LMFAO Last time "he checked"? HE NEVER CHECKED!
  • Reply 42 of 45
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

No, they really aren't. Apple may have woken up these companies and showed them to get off their asses, but how is Android like iphone OS? How is WebOS? By your logic, somehow I could loosely say the iphone OS is a "me too" product product copying windows mobile or symbian...

yes. but by the same logic i could loosely say that wince, winmo, palmos, symbian, etc are "me too" products copying apple's newton os.

there's a reason the newton spinoff was steved along with the device itself. all that prior art is sitting in a vault in cupertino - as an insurance policy, and... for inspiration of course.

just like system 7 pro
  • Reply 43 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ihxo View Post

I think Google fully expected this to happen.

Aaand? One of the main things going for Android OS was the fact that it didn't have a licensing fee. Now it does. How did Google anticipate this?

The fact that it's fully customizable as opposed to WP7 is still something the OEMs might like, but on the other hand, WP7 is making them have to do less work, so maybe this isn't such a strong point for Google.

Perhaps HTC should have gone the way of the other OEMs and invested into their own OS. Oh wait, they have.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...ng-its-own-os/

Perhaps the timing of them looking into developing their own OS and getting sued by Apple/induced to pay royalties by Microsoft is not a coincidence.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tsa;

I don't share your opinion zindako. There is so much wrong with the iPhone I won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

I respect your opinion that you personally do not like the iPhone but to say that there is "much wrong" is BS!! Tell that to the 80 plus million users who are very happy with the iPhone!! Keep you unsupported opinions to yourself AH!
  • Reply 45 of 45
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

I really think Apple should buy Palm to acquire their patent portfolio.

Too late.