Fourth generation iPhone prototype's finder, keeper revealed

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 119
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

You're right on a lot of that, but the problem of wishing a natural disaster on people because of their opinions, however wrong they are, exposes the evil that lurks in your inner being.

As a 5th generation native, it's my experience that the wackos are generally losers from other states, that come to the bay area.

There is definitely an institutionalized, brat entitled press with very very extreme left views in the valley andespecially the tech press. All kinds of data and now hardware thefts are spun as "sharing". The fact that Wired employs a convicted felon (on multiple accounts) as a senior editor isn't a good sign of competency in journalism.

It's about time the theives, anonymous file 'sharers', and hackers get a big fist of reality slammed in their cowardly faces.
  • Reply 102 of 119
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oxygenhose View Post

It's about time the theives, anonymous file 'sharers', and hackers get a big fist of reality slammed in their cowardly faces.

Unfortunately, for the kind of individual you've described, that fist will likely not deter the behavior, but elevate the whine.
  • Reply 103 of 119
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

OK, fair enough.

Why are ugly, ignorant attacks on my home "fair enough" on AI?

Is it OK if a talk about how Arizona is a cesspool of inbred racist fucks? I mean, I have to assume so, unless the mods on board the teabag express.
  • Reply 104 of 119
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

Funny I thought exactly the opposite. Most of the opinions in that post were the typical emotional-based opinions of sympathizing with a person supposedly "oppressed" by a big faceless corporation.

Amazingly little real content in the huge post at all. .

I agree completely. I started to reply to all the errors and then decided that no one would read through his lengthy, rambling post, so it wasn't worth the bother.
  • Reply 105 of 119
    And listen: this nonsense about how the "liberal wacko" (and by the way: fuck off) tech press is ganging up on Apple is completely incoherent. The tech press, and the attitudes of those that want to defend Gizmodo et al against Apple are far more libertarian than liberal, said libertarianism being in the DNA of certain freetards and EFF types that are predictably weighing in.

Anyway, I thought it was the Right that was all in a froth about gestapo like tactics of the government and the abrogation of personal liberties and the sanctity of ones home, etc? Instead of defending corporations, I would have thought the proper right wing response would be to suggest that if Chen had had any balls he would have turned the visit from jack-booted storm troopers into a fire fight.
  • Reply 106 of 119
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Why are ugly, ignorant attacks on my home "fair enough" on AI?

Is it OK if a talk about how Arizona is a cesspool of inbred racist fucks? I mean, I have to assume so, unless the mods on board the teabag express.

It's not like I agree with it or like it. I'm sorry if I've done something to you such that you have some kind of axe to grind, but I don't think repeatedly criticizing moderators is going to get what you want.
  • Reply 107 of 119
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benice View Post

Exactly how has the private sector destroyed the middle class? And as to your broader point about growth as an illusion you do realise I hope that growth comes from such things as mundane as buying the food you put on the table. For your sake I hope that the food is not considered illusory as well.

The two biggest are self-evident if you've been paying attention over the last decade: usury and outsourcing. It is also not the entire private sector, but major players inside of it and the overarching ideology that has our society in its grip. The problem is mostly centred on the inbred, overpaid, moronic CEOs along with wannabes working their way up through the annals of bureaucracy to be CEOs one day. These CEOs pontificate and cloak themselves in the verbiage of "capitalism" while they themselves are little more than overpaid free agents who often do more damage to their companies with their generic "management" skills. Al Dunlop is a prime example of what is wrong with American capitalism, as would be Goldman Sachs.

We have WAY too many business school graduates and way too few engineers and researchers. The allure of a quick buck to be made on Wall Street really has perverted the direction of the country and little wonder why India, China and Europe is kicking our butts. There is no leadership from the top. Not from the captains of industry, who simply let ideology set the national direction on cruise control and preach inevitability, nor from our elected representatives who only want to coddle a pampered CEO elite from the rigors of the freemarket they gleefully impose upon others.

These problems do go further back quite a while and quite a bit more encompassing than most would imagine (such as the overemphasis of math and science and a general restructuring of the education system towards private sector desires; the irony of a mechanical engineer thinking there is too much math and science) but we've been in a slow decline that has required ever increasingly risky abstractions to maintain levels of growth impossible in mature economies. That's why each bubble dwarfs the one that came before it and the crashes at the end are more devastating.

I also think it would be best if you reformulated your last response. I actually work in the "food industry", for a large international food service provider, and can describe in detail the problems of modern agriculture.

This also is not a thread for this type of discussion.
  • Reply 108 of 119
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Harleigh Quinn View Post

Intelligence would show that if you knew the court system, jury trials, sequestering of juries and that entire procedure, you would not have made the above comment.

the legal system doesn't work on logic and neither does the appropriation of a law degree.

I love watching people speak before thinking.

It's called comedy and sitcoms.

Did you get banned, troll? Why create another user? This one is going on my ignore too.

READING skillz would have clued you into the fact that my response had NOTHING to do with the legal system. Keep making a fool out of yourself though, Giz fanboy.
  • Reply 109 of 119
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlmostBoughtaLisa View Post

Clearly and succinctly stated, substantial, germane, insightful... good post!

+2. Another intelligent, objective, and well reasoned post by you and Hiro. PWNing that Giz fanboy who thinks that the world is against the "little guys."
  • Reply 110 of 119
    agaaga Posts: 42member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k2director View Post

I'm so sick of these San Francisco liberal wackos (and liberal wacko felons) who characterize theft as "sharing" and suggest Apple is the new Third Reich when it moves to protect its trade secrets.

When is that next major earthquake due? It couldn't come soon enough...

LOL, Apple is run a bit like the Third Reich . Funny how locked down their iPhones are, Yet they still Walk.

Funny thing about San Francisco, The speaker of the house and Michael Savage live there. I'd love to hear the conversation as they passed each other on the street, assuming she ever walks the street.
  • Reply 111 of 119
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Hogan looks home-schooled.
  • Reply 112 of 119
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by patrickwalker View Post

No it isn't. Nonetheless, good points in your comments.
  • Reply 113 of 119
    Quote:

It's not like I agree with it or like it. I'm sorry if I've done something to you such that you have some kind of axe to grind, but I don't think repeatedly criticizing moderators is going to get what you want.

Agreed, nothing personal. Just mightily bugged by SF bashing and taking it out on the wrong person. Sorry.
  • Reply 114 of 119
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:

[snip]

The allure of a quick buck to be made on Wall Street really has perverted the direction of the country and little wonder why India, China and Europe is kicking our butts.

[/snip]

India is not without issues either...

All the relentless hiring of outsourced tech "professionals" is having a double impact on the lack of engineers you have pointed out...

It is turning the tech profession (programmers, etc) into 90% blue collar and 10% whoever climbed their way out to something interesting. It just makes the industry unattractive to younger people that are still deciding what to do.

If someone can take your job for 1/3 of pay, it becomes hard to compete...because the CEO's and the like with mediocre managing skills believe that a mediocre job at 1/3 of the price is good enough....

It's a chicken-and-the-egg problem...it will take years to turn things around.

By then, the lack of people that are relevant in research and manufacturing (idea-> prototype-> product) will be noticeable for even the average person...i suppose the "mediocre management" will start wondering too...

Dan
  • Reply 115 of 119
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applebook View Post

Did you get banned, troll? Why create another user? This one is going on my ignore too.

READING skillz would have clued you into the fact that my response had NOTHING to do with the legal system. Keep making a fool out of yourself though, Giz fanboy.

Name Calling? Really? Think that counts as a personal attack. The last refuge of those that are constantly wrong.
  • Reply 116 of 119
    Quote:

The two biggest are self-evident if you've been paying attention over the last decade: usury and outsourcing. It is also not the entire private sector, but major players inside of it and the overarching ideology that has our society in its grip. The problem is mostly centred on the inbred, overpaid, moronic CEOs along with wannabes working their way up through the annals of bureaucracy to be CEOs one day. These CEOs pontificate and cloak themselves in the verbiage of "capitalism" while they themselves are little more than overpaid free agents who often do more damage to their companies with their generic "management" skills. Al Dunlop is a prime example of what is wrong with American capitalism, as would be Goldman Sachs.

We have WAY too many business school graduates and way too few engineers and researchers. The allure of a quick buck to be made on Wall Street really has perverted the direction of the country and little wonder why India, China and Europe is kicking our butts. There is no leadership from the top. Not from the captains of industry, who simply let ideology set the national direction on cruise control and preach inevitability, nor from our elected representatives who only want to coddle a pampered CEO elite from the rigors of the freemarket they gleefully impose upon others.

These problems do go further back quite a while and quite a bit more encompassing than most would imagine (such as the overemphasis of math and science and a general restructuring of the education system towards private sector desires; the irony of a mechanical engineer thinking there is too much math and science) but we've been in a slow decline that has required ever increasingly risky abstractions to maintain levels of growth impossible in mature economies. That's why each bubble dwarfs the one that came before it and the crashes at the end are more devastating.

I also think it would be best if you reformulated your last response. I actually work in the "food industry", for a large international food service provider, and can describe in detail the problems of modern agriculture.

That is very apt, astute, observant and well informed. The IQ really IS rising around here.
  • Reply 117 of 119
    benicebenice Posts: 382member
    Quote:

Given this is not the thread for this discussion, it failed to answer questions raised and the extremist views outlined are quite at odds with any type of conventional orthodoxy, I'll show the refrain that this warrants.
  • Reply 118 of 119
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benice View Post

Given this is not the thread for this discussion, it failed to answer questions raised and the extremist views outlined are quite at odds with any type of conventional orthodoxy, I'll show the refrain that this warrants.

Conventional orthodoxy is a serious problem as it does little more than serve the interests of a select few and orthodoxy is in direct conflict with common sense. Apologists abound. For example, emancipation was considered "unorthodox" and extremist when it first began to surface in America in the early 1800s. Even today, look at how dumbfounded Goldman Sachs executives were when a Senate committee put simple questions and then tried to explain their behavior as normal and even desirable. Either their educations have abstracted any trace of an ethical base from them or chose to remain silent in the hopes to stop digging themselves a large PR hole.
  • Reply 119 of 119
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:

Conventional orthodoxy is a serious problem as it does little more than serve the interests of a select few and orthodoxy is in direct conflict with common sense. Apologists abound. For example, emancipation was considered "unorthodox" and extremist when it first began to surface in America in the early 1800s. Even today, look at how dumbfounded Goldman Sachs executives were when a Senate committee put simple questions and then tried to explain their behavior as normal and even desirable. Either their educations have abstracted any trace of an ethical base from them or chose to remain silent in the hopes to stop digging themselves a large PR hole.

OT, but what the heck.

My favorite part is where the Goldman-Sachs exec said that all the questionable trades weren't a big deal because they only made $500,000,000 profit on them and that number is insignificant.

I wonder when he left the real world. A lot of the people who lost money due to GS's nonsense would be ecstatic to get some of that half billion dollars back.