Continued iPhone growth could push Apple stock to $400

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Is the same Kathryn Huberty who put a sell on AAPL @ $90 in early 2009 now seeking redemption?
  • Reply 42 of 54
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,007member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

By the way I don't see a time frame in her prediction. So she's calling for $400 by when???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

...until the twelfth of never-- and that's a long, long time!

Actually, the last graph states: "Price Target May-11" meaning it is

the standard 12 month prediction.

Of course, the target is $310, not $400. The latter is only the "bull" end of the prediction range with the counterbalancing $210 at the "bear" end.

With a spread of that magnatude, I'm not sure how much information she is offering...

I have a huge problem with her iPhone Demand Curve. I suppose one would have to read the entire report to be sure, but it appears her contention is there is only one variable to iPhone demand. This, of course is idiotic. We have no idea what compeating phones are going to be like or how they will be received nor do we know exactly what the iPhone is going to be. If it has a 15 hour battery life, I imagine they would be able to sell all they could make no mater the price...
  • Reply 43 of 54
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

We have no idea what compeating phones are going to be like or how they will be received

I think we have a pretty good idea so far . . .
  • Reply 44 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Or, more likely, that I obviously know more about stock picking than you do. Pigs get slaughtered.

I've been tracking my investments for over a decade - and beat the S&P 500, Nasdaq, and Dow Jones by an average of 5% per year over that time frame. That's HUGE. I think I'll pass on taking stock advice from you.

Hah. Curiously, my e-penis is bigger than yours. I've outperformed you in the stock market.

But you know what? That doesn't matter, because this is the internet, and both of us can spew out unsubstantiated nonsense like that even if we've recently been ruined in the stock market. So unless you've got a public profile somewhere which documents what you're saying, don't bother. If I'm going to gauge your knowledge of stocks I'm going to base it on your statement earlier, and it was a ridiculous one.

Edit: P.S. Your comment about sell when everyone is, "Buy, buy, buy!" is great advice for buying and selling stocks a person doesn't understand. As is the old adage, 'Buy Low, Sell High'. But if you understand a company, and you have some understanding of the stock market, you can easily recognize when this will or will not be true. If people are buying stock in a company which continues to grow at an incredible rate, and shows great promise in growing going forward, odds are that stock will continue to gain value. This should not be odd because the company will continue to gain value. Someone following your advice should have sold out of AAPL long ago (and likely bought back in a few times, losing value, but that's another story), but lo, it continues to grow. Now when Apple stops growing, or when I no longer see promise for growth, that will be when I sell (short of a large dip which I actually manage to predict well enough to take action on it). AAPL is traded at a high value relative to the company's worth so that'll be a turning point. As would a point of fear, such as Steve Jobs' death (temporarily). Until then, thanks, I'll stay long on AAPL.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xian Zhu Xuande View Post

Hah. Curiously, my e-penis is bigger than yours. I've outperformed you in the stock market.

But you know what? That doesn't matter, because this is the internet, and both of us can spew out unsubstantiated nonsense like that even if we've recently been ruined in the stock market. So unless you've got a public profile somewhere which documents what you're saying, don't bother. If I'm going to gauge your knowledge of stocks I'm going to base it on your statement earlier, and it was a ridiculous one.

I'm with you. Armed with the knowledge that professional, full-time market analysts can't beat the returns of the S&P 500 with any consistency, I would have to say that anyone who claims to be doing so is either (1) not really doing it, or (2) doesn't know whether they are. If neither of these are true, they should become a fund manager, because anyone with that sort of demonstrated track record could earn millions a year in salaries and bonuses.
  • Reply 46 of 54
    APPLE devices continue to grow year over year yet its stock is stuck around $250 forever. Does apple have to be a monoply to get pass that?
  • Reply 47 of 54
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:

Or, more likely, that I obviously know more about stock picking than you do. Pigs get slaughtered.

I've been tracking my investments for over a decade - and beat the S&P 500, Nasdaq, and Dow Jones by an average of 5% per year over that time frame. That's HUGE. I think I'll pass on taking stock advice from you.

Be sure to let us all know when you and your amazing portfolio hits the wall. Stock pickers who believe they are smarter than anyone else alway do.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

I've been saying since April that they're stock will slam dunk at $450.

Apple is not infallible, but I'm strongly convinced that the best is yet around the corner for the company...

I'm staying with my AAPL at $300 by the end of the year prediction. Too much uncertainty ahead that roils the market, but it still affects Apple's stock value although it hasn't had any direct effect on profitability thus far.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Be sure to let us all know when you and your amazing portfolio hits the wall. Stock pickers who believe they are smarter than anyone else alway do.

Well, ten years of consistently beating the market says something. Few stock pickers manage to do that with my level of consistency.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 863member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Is the same Kathryn Huberty who put a sell on AAPL @ $90 in early 2009 now seeking redemption?

I remember the 'SELL', I don't remember the price it was at but around $100.

While APPLE is a powerhouse market forces and the economic tide will hold the stock price back (IN THE SHORT TERM). Regardless of all the positives, when the market dropped 10% recently APPLE was also down 10% ( $270 to$ 240). And keep in mind that this was with all the great happenings taking place, i.e. the IPAD lauch, announcement of the WWDC on June 7Also announcement of 1 millionth IPAD sold. And the list goes on and on.

Long term, APPLE looks like a winner, but be prepared to ride out the volatility.

and when I say long term, the period could be anyware from 6 months to a couple years.(hopefully not). Unfortunately at this point in time the headwinds are strong and the fear is increasing......neither of which lead to a higher market.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    dbossmondbossmon Posts: 29member
    Where do they dig this sh!t up?
  • Reply 52 of 54
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:

Well, ten years of consistently beating the market says something. Few stock pickers manage to do that with my level of consistency.

Now I know you're full of it. Even Buffet cannot make that claim.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

How about posting some real-time trades and let us determine your accuracy level.
  • Reply 54 of 54
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Positively, the Physics is not in bed with NA markets. iPhone is sold out everywhere in the world, factories are dying to spew every fistful of iPhones to satisfy more customers.

AAPL plunges...