Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    [quote] Tom Green would be an excellent choice! <hr></blockquote>

Billy Connely!!! (Spelling)
  • Reply 22 of 31
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>

They probably just didn't want Jesse organizing a protest or shakedown...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Or?

With two funny lines in 4hrs & 22 minutes, Whoopi Goldberg is now officially the most boring / least funny person in all of showbiz.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Face it, no one will EVER be as good as Billy Crystal

I thought Whoppie was ok this time though.

but the Best Actor award is not given to the person who carried the movie because he's, well, White

Or perhaps it was that he won last year, and the year before that... and quite frankly he did NOT deserve it for Gladiator.

Why does every one always call discrimination though?
  • Reply 24 of 31
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    &gt;Or perhaps it was that he won last year, and the year before that... and quite frankly he did NOT deserve it for Gladiator.

Why does every one always call discrimination though?&lt;

You may be right, his role in Gladiator was pretty one dimensional, as was Denzel Washingtons this year. Crowes role this year was a difficult one................
  • Reply 25 of 31
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>

Or?

With two funny lines in 4hrs & 22 minutes, Whoopi Goldberg is now officially the most boring / least funny person in all of showbiz.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no. nothing has topped the wayans brothers at the MTV awards for worst host(s) of all time anywhere. I almost felt bad for them when they were on.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I watched part of that for some odd reason... and yes, it was one of the most painful experiences ever.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    I like Whoopi.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    Did you like her as host of the Oscar show?

I don't hate her in everything. I liked her in Ghost.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    finboyfinboy Posts: 383member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Blah, Billy Crystal is funnier than Steve Martin any day. That's why they keep bringing him back.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Billy Crystal and Robin Williams AND Whoopi Goldberg USED TO BE funny. Way back when. What changed?

They found politics.

None of these amateurs can hold a candle to Steve Martin. On physical comedy, RW is close, but he's rehashing the same funnies over and over again. On intellectual comedy, BC's strength, SM trounces him. As for WG, she lost "funny" when she gave up the Valley Girl act (about the time of Comic Relief 2 or 3).

Seriously, though, do you hear much about Steve Martin's politics. Nope.

He's old school, really a pro.

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: finboy ]</p>
  • Reply 30 of 31
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I don't know finboy, I just never found Steve Martin funny at all.

Steve666, while I was on vacation in Hawaii last week, I watched Training Day in the hotel. I don't know about you, but I think Denzel deserved his Oscar.

I didn't watch Monster's Ball...nobody did, but critics said it was good. Halle Berry's half white anyway, so I don't know what that means. It probably means something!

Sidney Poitier, well, he's Sidney...this award could have come last year or next year. It doesn't matter. Sidney has a white wife. I'm sure you can find some hidden meaning in that too, I guess...

And Whoopi. Yeah, i don't think she's as good a host as Crystal, but she was watchable that day.

Now the real question is:

Would you buy an iMac assembled by Russell Crowe or an iMac assembled by Denzel Washington?
  • Reply 31 of 31
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Persoanlly I think Denzel would be more meticulous putting the iMac together so he gets my vote there.

I didn't mean to say that Denzel didn't give an oscar worthy performance but Crowe's role was far more difficult and when his movie wins for best supporting actress, best director, AND best movie I find it a little odd that the star vehicle didn't win also.

As for Sidney, the guy is awesome. He should've gotten the lifetime achievement award sooner. To Sir........With Love. Need I say more?

Halle Berry-didn't see the movie but heard that she was excellent in it. My hats off to her. She's also a fox. But do you notice that she (and seemingly most other mixed race folks) completely ignores her white side? I guess its hip to be a minority these days but come on, can you imagine if she ignored her black side and went around saying she was white? Quite a double standard going on there. Same goes for Geraldo Rivera-the guy is half Puerto Rican and half Jewish-he never mentions his white Jewish side. Go with what sells, I guess..........................................