Piper: Apple has 'little room for surprise' at WWDC 2010

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eldernorm View Post

I agree. Just because some blogger looks at everything pundits make wild guesses at,,,, or takes Apple at its word... (new iPhone OS 4) then Apple with either disappoint if EVERYTHING is not shown, or be a non event if EVERYTHING is shown...

Hey, we are still waiting for Anti-gravity, teleportation, and mind reading... LOL :-)

Just a thought,

en

Looks like "Temporary Insanity" may be on Prozac this time 'round.
  • Reply 102 of 105
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Please watch your language sir.

Just remember kids....

Spooning leads to forking.
  • Reply 103 of 105
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 861member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcsegenmd View Post

Like most of the people who surf on this site, I'm an apple fan; every once in a while I make a lucky guess; I called it iPad months before it was announced as such.

Big deal

With the 4G iPhone, it was inevitable that one big product was going to slip out early--it's a first in decades. So what might SJ have up his sleeve to compensate for the loss of his thunder?

New Mac Pros--that's a yawn, but still nice

New MBAs with a 15 screen would be kinda cool, but again a barely stifled yawn.

Going with verizon as an additional carrier, would get some attention.

But given that the apple design team is obsessed with simplicity and deleting cables wherever possible, AND the monitors haven't been updated in forever. AND Apple has a long term commitment for LCD displays, bundling apple TV inside of a real TV might be gasp worthy

Just a thought or two

Maybe an IPHONE 4G that does NOT look anything like the prototype that was found. Keep in mind that I'm sure APPLE tests many prototypes. Was the one that was found the one that is to be released??? Is the Iphone that appeared in vietnam real or a fake???

JUNE 7 2010...........Be prepared for a surprise.
  • Reply 104 of 105
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,730member
    Who could have guessed how wrong this article was till now.

They are wheeling out "Monkey Man" for all to see.

Why does a scene from the Movie King Kong spring to mind?
  • Reply 105 of 105
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    i would think that Apple/Steve have al the space in the world to surprise us - anything that we do not expect will be a surprise. To say there is no room for surprise is like saying you already know or can predict EVERYTHING that is coming.

With leaked prototype hardware and OS 4 betas I suppose you could say big surprised are unlikely - but that's about as far as I would go.

Its almost as if the leaks and such are confirmation that everything the analyst has speculated about is relatively certain. But what about all the things that the analyst never imagined might be included?

I have heard that prediction is very difficult - especially when is is about the future.