Microsoft CEO Ballmer not worried about Apple's market cap

1235

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 105
    macnycmacnyc Posts: 342member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post


    I can certainly see how as the CEO he has to be the top cheerleader too. But his comments and choice of words..come back to haunt him so often. Now he just seems a little out of touch!\



    He's not out of touch, just too busy "squirting" teenage girls with music from his zune...
  • Reply 82 of 105
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post


    What's worrying going to do for Ballmer except give him "worry lines" in his face and he's got enough already.



    Not worried... The Titanic wasn't worried about icebergs. Until...



    The city of Chicago wasn't worried about any great fires. Until...



    The city of San Francisco wasn't worried about earthquakes. Until...



    LOL!

    You are so wrong for that! And on so many levels!!!!!

    LMAO!!!!!!!
  • Reply 83 of 105
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post


    "The iPhone will suck ass, Windows Mobile will rule, and I will lose 83 pounds in 2 months." --Steve Ballmer, 2007



    Ballmer said almost the same thing when the ipod came out back in 2001. Now MS trolls with their own media player. He just talks crap at the moment but eventually comes around and does what Apple does. He's a suit. A corner office suit. Period. End of.
  • Reply 84 of 105
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post


    LOL!

    You are so wrong for that! And on so many levels!!!!!

    LMAO!!!!!!!



    Quoting back all of those pictures just to say that is what's really wrong on one, big level.
  • Reply 85 of 105
    steviestevie Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post


    What's worrying going to do for Ballmer except give him "worry lines" in his face and he's got enough already.



    Not worried... The Titanic wasn't worried about icebergs. Until...



    The city of Chicago wasn't worried about any great fires. Until...



    The city of San Francisco wasn't worried about earthquakes. Until...







    I'm not worried about Apple's continuous growth..
  • Reply 86 of 105
    steviestevie Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post




    If I were a MS shareholder, I would be greatly concerned about MS recent efforts to "me too" some of Apple's most successful ventures.



    .





    Other than the Zune, do you have any examples?
  • Reply 87 of 105
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Ballmer should be fired for ignoring the competition. He is out of touch with the tech world. At least Bill Gates knew what and when to copy, this guy does not even know that. I would like to see J Allard come back as the CEO. At least he had some good ideas (Xbox 360, Zune I beleieve and currier). Ballmer is not a good leader for MS
  • Reply 88 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post


    I wonder what he'll say when Apple's profits surpass Microsoft's....



    You'll find out next quarter, I suppose. It will happen on less revenue, to boot
  • Reply 89 of 105
    john galtjohn galt Posts: 960member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post


    Other than the Zune, do you have any examples?



    Microsoft Retail Store



    MS App Store



    Guru Bar



    Longhorn



    Shall I go on?
  • Reply 90 of 105
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post


    I'm not worried about Apple's continuous growth..



    You did that just be annoying, right?
  • Reply 91 of 105
    john galtjohn galt Posts: 960member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post


    Other than the Zune, do you have any examples?



    MSN Music Store



    Vista



    Safari (private browsing)



    icons???



    Monaco



    Dock, Sidebar, "Aero Peek" (ugh), Gadgets, Stickies, RSS feeds, Disk Image Burner...



    At least they admit it.
  • Reply 92 of 105
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,960member
    That chart was astounding. Why is Ballmer still at the helm? Any other corporation that had a new CEO take over to see the company go down to that extent would have sacked him years ago. Is he like J. Edgar Hoover and has the goods on the Board or Gates?
  • Reply 93 of 105
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post


    Point taken, but I'm not sure what GE is doing on this list. They're hardly a tech company, and their 50% takedown is mainly on account of their financial businesses.



    In case you missed it, I was specifically referring to recognizable (and widely-recognized) CEO names. One of those happened to belong to GE. I was not, for instance, referring to Carl Bass.
  • Reply 94 of 105
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post


    Other than the Zune, do you have any examples?



    I wouldn't look for specifics, no need. Just look at the MS market cap decline during his tenure. It is surely worthy of the Guinness book of records.



    Imagine this on your resumé ....



    "I Steve Ballmer, personally and proudly managed to take the market value of Microsoft from $556 billion in January of 2000 to $219 billion in May 2010."
  • Reply 95 of 105
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post


    That chart was astounding. Why is Ballmer still at the helm? Any other corporation that had a new CEO take over to see the company go down to that extent would have sacked him years ago. Is he like J. Edgar Hoover and has the goods on the Board or Gates?



    I have a theory that Gates left Ballmer in charge by way of an apology to Steve Jobs for ripping of the Mac OS.
  • Reply 96 of 105
    I bet that as soon as APPL's profits surpass M-sans-$FT's (might still happen this year), he's gonna say oh no matter, we still ship the most OSs.



    Until.....
  • Reply 97 of 105
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by john galt View Post


    MSN Music Store



    Vista



    Safari (private browsing)



    icons???



    Monaco



    Dock, Sidebar, "Aero Peek" (ugh), Gadgets, Stickies, RSS feeds, Disk Image Burner...



    At least they admit it.





    I would include 7. I know it's way better than Vista but so is poo!
  • Reply 98 of 105
    spicedspiced Posts: 98member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post


    I can certainly see how as the CEO he has to be the top cheerleader too. But his comments and choice of words..come back to haunt him so often. Now he just seems a little out of touch!\



    He needs an iPod Touch to get in touch!
  • Reply 99 of 105
    ameristamerist Posts: 77member
    LOL so true. Nothing worries the Ballmer.
  • Reply 100 of 105
    cykzcykz Posts: 81member
    I think that Microsoft is doing great with extremely good future opportunities.

    Since a few years I have been following (and implementing) their web products such as Sharepoint 2010 and the integration of Office with Sharepoint and there is no doubt that MS is on its way to take over some 40% of the intranet market within 3 years. Furthermore, since they are ramping up their cloud services with approx. 90% of heavy used MS office functionality at incredible affordable pricepoints, getting rid of pirated software along the way, we can expect significant growth for MS.
Sign In or Register to comment.