Guys...this is serious and I need your help.... (PLeASE READ)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Delete all of your accounts and every mention of your existence, cancel your ISP, low-level format your entire hard drive, and keep your computer off for the next 6-12 months (or just sell it). Dump the girlfriend, run away from home, estrange yourself from all of your relatives, friends, and acquaintences. Be sure to never use phone lines or the US Postal system, never use your real name, and always use fake addresses and phone numbers. Try to use public transportation as much as possible, and when you can't never use the same vehicle twice. Never stay in the same place for long. Change your appearance often. Do not contact anyone from your previous life. Be always wary of Big Brother, he's watching you...

:eek:
  • Reply 42 of 48
    stimulistimuli Posts: 564member
    Hey Tiger, try the netstat thing (from a different account) on your normal account, or get your gf to do it.

If you email me (stimulusresponse at hotmail dot com) their IP address I can look up their physical location, ISP, etc. I can also see what OS they use and if they are using windoze, there are approximately 60,000 ways to nuke a person using windows.

My guess is that you grabbed a trojan off of hotline or something and some 5kr1pt k1dd13 is having a field day.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Update. Nobody has been getting on my AIM account lately, but my Yahoo! account (email and everything) is basically screwed. It had some pretty important stuff too, and somebody sent me their address (home address) through that. Next time the AIM thing happens I'll take action and get their IP.

Things are also going kinda bad with my gf. It just isnt the same as it used to be.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>

Things are also going kinda bad with my gf. It just isnt the same as it used to be. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Long distance relationships suck.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    [quote]Originally posted by bradbower:

<strong>Delete all of your accounts and every mention of your existence, cancel your ISP, low-level format your entire hard drive, and keep your computer off for the next 6-12 months (or just sell it). Dump the girlfriend, run away from home, estrange yourself from all of your relatives, friends, and acquaintences. Be sure to never use phone lines or the US Postal system, never use your real name, and always use fake addresses and phone numbers. Try to use public transportation as much as possible, and when you can't never use the same vehicle twice. Never stay in the same place for long. Change your appearance often. Do not contact anyone from your previous life. Be always wary of Big Brother, he's watching you...

:eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

If you've done all that, and it hasn't helped, leave the country. Antarctica is nice.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    sokarissokaris Posts: 4member
    This may be a little of the topic, I'm not sure.

Do you have an allways on web connection (cable / adsl / satalite). If so do you have the built apache webserver, ftp or the remote login options turned on in preferences in OSX (don't know about 9, only got a mac 2 weeks ago).

Security loop holes in apache might give someone access to your files without needing any passwords. They could then grab files that you may have stored passwords in (or cookies / address book files etc, this would give them access to phone numbers etc.)

having remote loggin enabled would let them have full access to your machine and they'd only have to get 1 password to do it (they could again steal information to let them get in to other accounts etc).

As for ftp. check that your not running with a anonamous (spelling?) account with full access to your root directory.

If any of them are turned on, I'd suggest turning them off unless you really need them.

Also. I don't know how much use this will be but 'netstat -a | grep -i listen' in a terminal, should show all listening sockets on your machine (sockets that are open for connections to the outside). You might be able to check this against known OSX / FreeBSD trojans to see if you've got one. A trojan may also have nast code to do weird things to system settings.

Of course if any of these have happened then its to late to put the cat back in the bag. But at least it would stop it happening again.

If this is useless... ...sorry.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    As for the phone bit, I think it maybe a bug in your phone ocmpanies system. I get blank calls all the itme, and the distinguishing feature is the lack of the static "hiss" that is present when theres actually a phone on the other line. I traced the call one time, it ended up being some couples cell phone and they had no clue what had happened.

I think that it has something to do with all this digital crap, all you need is one bit wrong and a phone goes off the hook.