Apple releases redesigned Mac mini with HDMI port starting at $699

1141516171820»

Comments

• Reply 381 of 383
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Optical Audio's great; I swear by it on my Panasonic XR45 amp (I'm an 'audiophile' and only care about good stereo music, not multichannel theater). That said, it doesn't have the bandwidth of HDMI.

Higher sampling rates are a good thing (tm). It has less to do with human hearing than it does with the laws of sampling (anything, music included).

I'd rather be listening to "D"
  • Reply 382 of 383
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Well, just thought I would finish my crib on this new release with the actual price in India (incl. of taxes).

http://www.apple.co.in/store/

Mac Mini (base) = USD 974.9 ( US price (without taxes) = 699)

Mac Mini (server) = USD 1409 ( US price (without taxes) = USD 999)

iMac base model = USD 1409. ( US price (without taxes) = USD 1199 ).

The Mini is a rip off.
  • Reply 383 of 383
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Take away the OS and design and you have everyone else's computer. The fact that people still buy Apple suggests that people do value software and design. Now, it is disappointing that there has been a double-whammy of a price increase for European buyers.

Heh. I love the OS and design. Otherwise I wouldn't be Apple Man.

But. Yeah. That was kind of my point. Not only would it be 'everyone else's' computer, the specs also wouldn't stack up. Because Apple's specs, minus the OS and design are bordering on the ridiculous. eg paying £1500 to get access to quad core tech' and charging through the nose for a 'Duo' cpu? Pathetic.

£650 for a mini that ONLY has 2 gigs of ram? Ram is NOTHING! Apple still, STILL hosing customers on ram.

And GPUs? Don't get me started. Penny pinching vram, half assed consumer gpus...eg a low end Radeon 4850 that you have to pay £1500 to get? How much is that card?

Because most 'bucket vendors' include better gpus, more vram, more ram, bigger hard drive and a monitor at smaller prices.

ie Apple's trading very highly on its OS and design and getting away with murder on the specs.

Lemon Bon Bon.