ipod touch 4?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Gruber says dual cameras and Retina Display, and I'm inclined to believe him.

Some days he does seem to be a mouth piece for Apple.

Quote:

Given the interest in iPhone filmmaking, I think the iPod Touch's 64GB RAM will be very useful.

The Touch offers a separate device from your phone that doesn't have to be disconnected when it rings.

The number of video and audio accessories available will be huge.

Maybe it is me but I've yet to see a lens system in any cell phone type camera that inspires me to rush out and buy it for video. Sorry but I don't think such a feature has the traction to drive long term sales. This simply because even a simple video camera with a modest lens system allows for far more creativity.

That is not to say the Touch wouldn't be used for Video, i just don't see sales going on fire over such a feature. FaceTime with a front facing camera on the other hand could lead to a massive increase in the sales of these devices.

As a side note SanDisk has announced iSSD. A complete SSD in a wafer the size of a postage stamp. By complete I mean every thing including the SATA connection. Up to 64 GB too. With room for two in the Touch case we could see 128GB Touches built with such technology. That would very much be groovy. Of course this would imply that Apple has A4 variants or the new A9 based ships with built in SATA interfaces. Considering PA Semis background that is very likely.

Quote:

For the first time since the QuickTake, Apple has entered the Camera wars, albeit through the back door.

Nope I don't see this at all. Cell phone cameras have so many problems that it is a bit silly to consider them competition for even cheap point and shoot digital cameras. Personally I'd really like to see Apple attack the Camera market, possibly by buying out Nikon, because a camera with the power of iOS built in would be very nice indeed. Think about, an IOS based camera that can shoot high quality pics and instantly process them, transmit them and otherwise do everything that iOS based devices can currently do.

I still think the big thing in the next rev will be FaceTime cameras. It isn't the quality of the cameras as much as it is the opening up of new possibilities in communication.

Dave